• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ouch, relations between Mongolia and Japan plummeted faster than a stone being tossed out of a plane. I'm looking forward to your solution to the IJN when you invade Japan itself. ;)

This AAR is made of awesomeness. I can almost imagine it happening in real life... :p

Thanks for saying it rocks!! Hope the Mongolian army doesn't get stoned taking on Japan! :rofl:

demokratickid said:
Oooh! A war with Japan should be fun!!!

Too much fun actually. Japanese infantry are not like NatChi. More organization levels and no 1918 models :eek:

demokratickid said:
I'm looking forward to your solution to the IJN when you invade Japan itself.

I do not intend to destroy the IJN, IJN shall report to Ulan Bator when Japanese homelands falls and being puppeted! Two ways, either by air tranporter from Korea or a semi-suicidal coastal assault hoping that IJN didn't turn up for three days. It sure reminds me of Tibetan assault on UK home islands but this time, I'll have a much weaker navy. Let's see how it goes, lemme secure China of her IC and Manpower first :D

I do not intend to destroy the IJN, IJN shall report to Ulan Bator when Japanese homelands falls and being puppeted! Two ways, either by air tranporter from Korea or a semi-suicidal coastal assault hoping that IJN didn't turn up for three days. It sure reminds me of Tibetan assault on UK home islands but this time, I'll have a much weaker navy. Let's see how it goes, lemme secure China of her IC and Manpower first :D

You could always use lots and lots of transports, so even if they sink 30 transports, the remaining 30 manage to get your people onto the shore. :)

Formulating the japan war plan...

146sunrise.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): With the annexation of China, all the Chinese provinces in our hands increased in partisan activities by more than double!!
147partisan.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Well, it doesn’t kill our main army so it is fine!

Lhumbe (Armaments): But it does indirect damage, General! It affects what I call TC!! It kind of stands for errr... Trucks and Carriages as more of them will be utilized by our military police to chase down random local partisan hotspots all over our empire. Somehow that will impact the fighting abilities of our troops as TC will be strained when things got diverted!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Now, that’s serious! Dagya!!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Hey, this problem pops up overnight, I’ll need some time to solve it! Just because of some annexation declaration by Japs, it creates problem on our side of China. Damn!

Aug 16th, 1939
At the field HQ in Southern China, the staff discussed the latest twist of developments.
Choybalsan (Intel): I propose immediately that we take on area Manchuria region!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): I second that! The Japanese puppet states of Mengkukuo and Manchukuo are living off native Mongolian lands! They either serve us or be wiped off the map!

148cores.jpg

Choybalsan (Intel): Morever, we cannot afford hostile enemy right at the borders of Mongolia!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I hear your guys loud and clear and I certainly agree. Priority should be securing the borders of Mongolia and no less, my motherland Soviet!
Based on the strategic map, we shall redeploy our armies in the province of Bayan Tumen and Syanshand, the two most eastern Mongolian province. The first group led by me will thrust straight into the heart of Manchukuo while the secondary thrust by Gen Luvsan will foray into Mengkukuo followed by closest Manchukuo objective!

STRATEGIC MAP OF THE MONGOL EMPIRE
149strategic.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): I could see lots of value targets in Manchukuo! They shall come under the fold of Khan’s empire again! :)

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We will have to leave the south China theater to our comrades Stalin’s hands. Let’s get rolling, we got thousands of miles to cover!

Aug 23rd, 1939
In South China after the departure of majority of Mongolian forces, the Soviets and Japan battled each other out...
Choybalsan (Intel): The Japanese forces are slugging it out with the Soviets in the mountains. The Japanese however have greater numbers and strength!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): The rough terrain will help slow down their advance! We have superior quality troops to Japanese anyway so the Japanese will be banging their head against a brick wall if there were to advance.

150southchina.jpg

Whoo, a bigger war! You should have plenty of space to maneuver now, which will be good for you and bad for the AI.

Well, the front seems to be holding. Now, just jam it down their throats! :D

Enewald said:
Now you'd better take control over soviet forces so that they don't leave China...

I'm ahead in my game and well to put it short, the front is ain't holding and Soviets are fair weather friends! :(
But anyway, that is the challenge :p

Myth said:
Whoo, a bigger war! You should have plenty of space to maneuver now, which will be good for you and bad for the AI.

Yep, agreed. But provided I have enough troops to manoever about:rofl:
Imagine doing some pincer attack with 3 divisions against an enemy stack of 8? :eek:

Would post some shocking news tomorrow, a death occured. Guess who?? :rolleyes:

Time to reclaim our cores!!! opps, something happen!

Aug 23rd, 1939
As the Mongolians are being redeployed back north from Southern China...

Chimid (Chief of Staff): OMG!!! The Manchukuo army overran our planned assembly position in Bayan Tumen!
The red arrows are our original plan of advance for task force #1! The yellow arrows are the attack plan for task force #2!

151stratdeploy.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): Looks like task force #1 plan will be affected as the we now be re-deployed to Ulan Bator adjacent to Bayan Tumen.

Choybalsan (Intel): It will have cost us the speed and surprise on attack lightning invasion of Manchukuo! A setback of probably a month. Winter is coming…

Chimid (Chief of Staff): A true problem as the plan was suppose to wrapped up in 3 months at most!! We got to fight on ice and through snow, boys!! It is our WINTER WAR!

Aug 24th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Our Soviet brothers went into an agreement with the super-state of Hitler that annexes nations with a stroke of a pen! Hope it will do us some good!

152molotovpact.jpg

Amar (Head of State): It shows that Uncle Joe cannot be bullied! Even Hitler need to make agreements with us. Our behemoth ally are no pushover.

Aug 30th, 1939
WORLD WAR II BEGINS!!
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Something major is going on in Europe! It is declared as the start of World War II!

Amar (Head of State): It doesn’t make a difference to us. We been fighting since 1937! WWII starts here not in Europe!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Hmm, it is typical of the Europeans colonists who thinks the world only revolves around them! Anyway, it is happening so far from us! As long it doesn’t divert Uncle Joe’s commitment to our war in Asia, we should be just fine!

Amar (Head of State): It also finally shows that the pen will take you only so far. Beyond that, guns and tanks are needed! Poland is toast I think!

153wwii.jpg

Sep 7th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow, another war with Norway. This Hitler has a lot of appetite for war!

Sep 9th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Gen. Chimid!!! What the heck Manchukuo-Japanese armies are doing on Mongolian land! There are just camped a few hundred miles from me!!

154bayanlost.jpg

Amar (Head of State): This is not tolerable!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We’re in the process of redeploying our armies in Mongolia. Remember that we were down south at Guangzhou when you declare war on Japan!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Not buts but get your butts here ASAP! Ulan Bator gonna get raped by our enemies!

Amar (Head of State): This calls for vengeance!

Sep 18th, 1939
Task force#2 led by Gen Luvsan gets on with business after the troops recuperated from the long redeployment journey.

Chimid (Chief of Staff): We will have to change our plans! Taskforce #1 will follow taskforce #2 route. The original plan calls for a trekking across the Manchurian mountains but as we’re behind time, it is best we avoid that path. Else winter will be as great threat as the enemy!

Gen Luvsan (Commander of Mongol 2nd Armija): It is time to claim back Mongolia! Mengkukuo is a total fictionist nation! Attack!!

Backed by more of his light militia’s army Gen Luvsan pounded the Gobi Desert province of Jining for two days. In the process, he earned the title “Desert Fox”!!

155desertfox.jpg

The stubbornly entrenched garrison of Jining was finally dislodged on Sept 24th!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Good job, Gen. Luvsan! Our main force is coming down from Ulan Bator. All four heavy artillery brigades that impede speed are disbanded immediately! Speed is the essence now before more Japanese reinforcement arrives.

Sep 28th, 1939
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow, German annexes Poland and gave half of them to our alliance!! This is truly sharing!

156polandannex.jpg

Amar (Head of State): It looks like Uncle Joe expects his share and Hitler is honoring it! We’re all certainly somebody in the world today! No pushovers!

Sep 30th, 1939
Lhumbe (Armaments): We have developed basic infantry! Our out troops can now be upgraded to be ready for the wider war of WWII!! With the war with Japan anticipated to be bloody, it is time to researched Field Hospital technology.

1571939infantry.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Great! I need both of them bad!!

Oct 2nd, 1939
Barely two days later…
Lhumbe (Armaments): More news! That’s is the power with two research teams! We have researched Modern Agriculture and going on to Mechanized Agriculture! You shall see a bloom in the recruitment rates into the army! Well-fed men always fights and willing to fight better!

158modernagri.jpg

Chimid (Chief of Staff): Keep focusing till you exhausted all researches in this field!!

Oct 18th, 1939
Black October..!
New enemy reinforcement arrives in Jining. This time the elements of Taskforce #1 has also arrives in at the Mengkukuo frontline to join Gen. Luvsan’s spearhead #2.

Gen. Luvsan: Terrible news from the front! Apparently General Chimid was killed when his jeep came under fire on a recently gained ground in enemy territory as he is conducting operations! The earlier retreated enemy division made a sudden came back and we walked straight into them. We may have bypassed certain enemy elements and our beloved general got shot at from rear! The Mongol 1st Nayramdakh Armija has lost their commander in the middle of a firefight!

159chimiddead.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): This is a disaster! He is the instrumental person for our war! How can you let this happen! It was your territory of operations before he just came!

Gen. Luvsan: But…he came and took-over the operation and got killed…

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): There is no time to blame and even mourn! We are in a need to rush to Xinjing, capital of Manchukuo ASAP! Gen. Luvsan, you will have to lead the soldiers on the ground for this effort!

News of Chimid’s apparent death reverberates through the Mongolian army!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): This is bad omen! We were just taking the offensive against the Japanese alliance! Some bad luck spell has been cast by the Japanese on our General!

Choybalsan (Intel): Wait a minutes guys! Frontline medics says he is alive!! His injury wasn’t found to be fatal and his condition has been stabilized.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Yeah, I thought he is alive too because when I last check my war cabinet minister roll, he is there as my Chief of Staff! He cannot be dead but still alive here in my war cabinet!! What a relief!! Chimid is barred from directly commanding any army divisions from now on that may exposed him to danger! He should stay away from frontlines!

The army top brass rushed to see him in the makeshift tents for the injured near the front-line.

160chimidhospital.jpg

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): We’re so glad to see you alive!

Chimid (Chief of Staff): I… am…. alive!! No Japanese bullet shall kill me…

Choybalsan (Intel): We gonna rush you now to Ulan Bator. Just hang on, commander! You’re our hero!!

Oh no, Chimid! He was your greatest leader, wasn't he? Losing him is not a good thing. :eek:

What skill did he have? Are you gonna mod some more leaders in for Mongolia? Cause if you continue loosing them at that rate, you'll run out of leaders soon :p

What skill did he have? Are you gonna mod some more leaders in for Mongolia? Cause if you continue loosing them at that rate, you'll run out of leaders soon :p

His skill is 2+, probably reaching 3 when he bite the dust. He is considered retired from the front line duties! Based on the leader files, Mongolia shall get SEVEN NEW LEADERS in 1941! Alright! Can't wait for that!

Myth said:
Oh no, Chimid! He was your greatest leader, wasn't he? Losing him is not a good thing.

He is the main guy based on the story but looks like he needs to take a backseat now and a true Mongolian hero shall rise! His accidental 'death' somewhat goes well with the theme. Can't have Russians leading the show ;) Morever, his has no special traits so I wouldn't call him the greatest. My priced leader is Badrak which has Winter and Logistics traits at level 3.5. Itching to promote him to General the moment he hit skill 4! :D

Enewald said:
Maybe there are two Chmids?

Well, there are really TWO. One is the war cabinet and one as a field general :p When one dies, it doesn't affect the other, even though their potrait and name is the same! It may be twins after all :eek:

The fate of Mengkukuo...

Oct 18th, 1939
The army of Khan pushes on without General Chimid.

161hohhot.jpg

Gen Luvsan: We have taken Jining and will be heading straight to Mengkukuo capital Hohhot next.

Choybalsan (Intel): It is an open capital. It’s sitting there like a free gift to be taken! Dash it! By the way, our Soviet allies have repel invaders from Bayan Tumen.

To the north, the Manchuckuo division is fleeing from eastern Mongolian land of Bayan Tumen after Soviet counterattack.

Nov 2nd, 1939
Japanese reinforcement arrives in Mengkukuo! Straight into the path of Mongolian steam-roller!

162sushi.jpg

Gen Luvsan: The Japanese certainly pop at the wrong place at the wrong time!

Dagva (Minister of Security/Chief of Army): You mean there are Japanese troops in front of us? I didn’t see anything, muahahaHAHAA! :rofl: If they had been there, we have made sushi out of them! Yummy!! :D

Nov 4th, 1939
The inevitable occurred. The core lands of Mongolia is finally reclaimed back from China after centuries of subjugation!
Mengkukuo is no more!

163mengkukuoannex.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The nation shall grow across all seeable horizons! Grow Mongolia, GROW!!!

Lhumbe (Armaments): I’ll certainly like to see what research teams they have to offer. Work with us, or work in hell!!

Seems your army is quite good!

So where's Japan full fury? You got Soviet Support, which is VERY good, but still... Playing with Commie China right now, and the Japs are almost unbeateable in direct combat, from '37 to '41.