East India Company: Reivews, Previews, Interviews Meta-Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks Damn Good! (If Im not wrong, It looks like Empire, but I hope it wont be as buggy as that on Release :p)

A question! Fredrik, do you own Empire: Total War? :D

Actually I do not. I haven't really gotten into the TW series although they look tempting. At the moment I only play the latest beta from Majesty 2.

Tomorrow we're meeting with Nitro in Helsinki, so hopefully I can give you more comments based on hands-on experience.

I think this game should be compared more to Anno series / Port Royale / Colonization than to the TW series.

Actually I do not. I haven't really gotten into the TW series although they look tempting. At the moment I only play the latest beta from Majesty 2.

Tomorrow we're meeting with Nitro in Helsinki, so hopefully I can give you more comments based on hands-on experience.

I think this game should be compared more to Anno series / Port Royale / Colonization than to the TW series.
And Patrician, no doubt. At least, that's the game that the people over at The Wargamer have been comparing it to.

meh naval combat will look the same with 3d models in most games.. i think thats were the similarities end with E:TW and EIC...

Please don't compare the two games, E:TW fails. I'm not saying EIC will be perfect but the E:TW team have worked on how many TW games and can't get the important things working properly, AI and Diplomacy.

This game IMO compares more to Port Royal. (i haven't played the other games.)

can u play as difrin compinys

can u play as difrin compinys
Yes, you can play as different companies. The playable nations/companies are:
  • Britain
  • Denmark
  • France
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Holy Roman Empire (Germany)
  • The Netherlands
  • Portugal
There are also pirates, though I don't think they are playable. I'm wondering whether these can be made playable if modded in, at all?? They could be fun! :)

i believe you can take your company on the piracy route.
You could have a profitable operation from piracy, although you would be more like a privateer.

Last edited:
Yes, they are in the game, and your company can act in a piratical manner (but I doubt that would be a campaign-winning strategy) but please lets not make that the main focus of the game. There are enough pirate games out there for the pirate-lovers to play. This is a trading and diplomacy game and you get dam few enough of them!