+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [FAQ] MEIOU - Mac Users

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries

[FAQ] MEIOU - Mac Users

To Mac users :

Quote Originally Posted by Wawanee
    Hi Gilles!

I actually had a lot of troubles in the beginning. MEIOU somehow ruined the graphics and all I could see was white provinces on a white background. I did a lot of research and finally found a TOT 3.0 Version for mac. But one could not use two mods, so I tried to combine both mods by replacing or extending the documents. But that did not work out either.

TOT 3.0 worked without problem when using it as the only mod.

I finally found a project called Partisan in VPLTD's Forum. VPLTD is the company that ported EU 3 to MacOS X. Partisan actually combines mods to a single mod and starts EU 3. Since I use Partisan I don't have any problemes anymore. So here's all I know at the moment...

Greetings from Austria

Wawanee
    Last edited by gigau; 11-06-2011 at 20:05.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Auretus Ornithorhynchus anatinus, in hoc signo vinces. In honorem Paradox! •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

80 games registered

200k clubCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Any Mac users to say if this still works or not ? if there is a way to play the mod on that platform ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Any Mac users to say if this still works or not ? if there is a way to play the mod on that platform ?
    Since I am quoted here, I feel like answering. I have bought the Mac Version of Divine Wind. But blinded with enthusiasm I have totally overread that my MacBook Pro doesn't meet the requirements anymore. Although that Divine Wind works with only one problem. Provinces show up black, which makes the game unplayable. When I will get my new MacBook Pro in a few days I will try MEIOU.

The funny thing about my problem is, that the Windows Version of Divine Wind runs fine on my old MacBook Pro with WINE 1.3.18 (without any black provinces). But with MEIOU the eu3game.exe quits unexpectately.

I tried to start Divine Wind for Mac with MEIOU as mod, but the Application quits right after the start. In system_error.log there are a lot of lines reading like:

[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: use_animation, near line: 24
    " in file: "mod\MEIOU\interface\buildings.gfx" near line: 27"

I don't know exactly what causes this crash atm...

Bye

Wawanee

As far as I have found out, MEIOU:TD does not work with the Mac version of Divine Wind from VP. Although there has been a recent update to version 1.0.1 the basic application of Divine Wind seems to be of version 5.0. The checksum reads as QSNY. And since MEIOU demands version 5.1 this might be one of the reasons why Divine Wind for Mac crashes right after the start when playing with MEIOU mod enabled.

Ancestral's Partisan application instead should still be working with Mac Divine Wind. Only minor changes have to be made. In Partisan.scpt (Show package contents of Partisan -> Contents/Resources/Scripts) one has to change the line where the game's application is being opened to:

tell application "Finder" to open application file id "com.vpltd.EU3DW"

So far my report from the mac side ... sadly without a solution :/

Bye

Wawanee

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    I got a report it works with the final 5.1 patch of Divine Wind... is this confirmed ?
    •

Vpltd recently upgraded the Mac version of Divine Wind to 1.0.2, which includes all changes for version 5.1.

When I first tried to start this new Mac version of DW with MEIOU I still got crashes right after the start. Then I made a more analytical approach by adding one line after the other from the .mod file. I soon noticed that MEIOU loads pretty fast and with out any problem except when "extend = "interface" is "activated". So for me there seems to be a problem with one of the contents of the interface folder.

Second I get crashes right after the first or second year when DW tries to save the data. Restarting and loading the save data then leads to another crash soon after the game has started again...

So far MEIOU looks very nice on my Mac

Bye

Wawanee

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    1/ Might not be an interface file itself, but also a graphics file... and i'd hold for a file in the gfx folder. When you had the "extend = interface" line on, you did also have the "extend = gfx" line, right ?

2/ It happens in each game ?

Could the two problems linked to a memory issue ?
    •

1. Yes I have had the "extend = gfx" line. But also when I remove the "extend = gfx" line, "extend = interface" will lead to a crash right after the start of the game.

2. I hope that this is not a memory issue since memory issues aren't that easily solved on Mac OS X. I tried to play different countries (Georgia, Tyrol and Theodoro) and the game crashes unexpectedly. Whether it's a coincidence or random I don't know but crashes often happen after auto saving... I will have a look at the crash reports...

ad 1.) I will try and see if I can remove some files or subfolders from the interface folder and have a look if DW loads then

Bye

Wawanee

I have started to do further tests. I have added the line "extend = interface" to the mod file again and remove all files from the interface folder. One by one I have put back these files into the interface folder and started EU Divine Wind. Soon I noticed that core.gfx and core.gui led to the crashes at the start.

There were no clues in the log files. The crash report did not make any sense too. So I looked into the core.gfx and core.gui file and soon found out that in the mac version all graphics files for the interface seem to be .dds not .tga Files. So I changed the extensions in the core.gfx and core.gui files to .dds. Now the crash doesn't seem to happen again.

I will check all interface graphics files whether the linked graphics files are existing and do have the right extension.

Bye

Wawanee

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    For several reasons, we indeed changed the extension to tga. Can you take a screenshot ingame and upload it here ?
    •

This is really bizarre After a lot of testing and doing a total clean reinstall it seems that I have only had an issue with a font, which is somehow not found by DW.

This crash led to an early crash right after the start.

In eon.txt (which is found inside the EU Divine Wind application - show package contents then Contents > Resources > eon.txt) it says:

"Error loading font - cannot determine font file for font 'Monotype Corsiva'! Handle it."

Monotype Corsiva is install like every other font, so I really don't understand, why it isn't able to determine the font file. An open type / true type font problem maybe... I don't know...

Since my fonts work without any problems with every other application I searched for a work around...

I finally found the problem to be a line in core.gfx (in meiou/interface/). I did the following changes:

FIND
    # fontname = "Garamond Bold"
    fontname = "Monotype Corsiva"

CHANGE TO
    fontname = "Garamond Bold"
    # fontname = "Monotype Corsiva"

... and suddenly MEIOU is working with my Mac Version of DW without any problems

Bye

Wawanee
    Last edited by Wawanee; 07-08-2011 at 16:09.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionSemper Fi
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWar of the Vikings

How to edit core.gfx?

Hello! I have the same problem as you had, when I start the game it crashes. However, I cant find a way to edit the core.gfx file, do you have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    .gfx files can be opened and edited with any (i guess) txt file editor, like Notepad.
    •

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hi, so how do we manage to install the mod on mac ?
    I've just put the files into the EU3/Data/mod folder, I dit the forementionned edit to the core.gfx, and in the eon.text after the game quit and doesn't even lauch I have "[thread 00000000][E]: Unhandled exception - code 0xe06d7363, flags 0x1, address 0x14c4ea6".

Any idea

EDIT : found the other post by Wawanee , not enough time to try it now, thanks anyway
    Last edited by Fdurke; 06-02-2012 at 16:58.

80 games registered

Blog Entries
    •

+ Reply to Thread