• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well apart from not getting limited wars right the gme is easily modded. A limtied war by a member of the Azis launched on a member of the allies leveas that Axis member at war with the Allies on it's own.

Maybe an alliance is not the best solution, but there must be a way of giving help to non-allied countries (like US did to SU), maybe just by mimicking the lend-lease to the SU we can have some form of support from Major powers in a regional war mod

thanks for your answers

Maybe an alliance is not the best solution, but there must be a way of giving help to non-allied countries (like US did to SU), maybe just by mimicking the lend-lease to the SU we can have some form of support from Major powers in a regional war mod

thanks for your answers

There is a diplomatic option give credit.

Credit means that you don't have to pay immediatly :)

Thats clear.
But the question came up cause of the lend and lease...
AFAIK the US send much more than only cash or food for credit ;)

Will there be a way to simulate this or just through events?

Thats clear.
But the question came up cause of the lend and lease...
AFAIK the US send much more than only cash or food for credit ;)

Will there be a way to simulate this or just through events?

The USA gives credit to the UK, meaning that the UK can get resources and supplies and licensing stuff for 'free', normally the UK would have to give cash.

The USA gives credit to the UK, meaning that the UK can get resources and supplies and licensing stuff for 'free', normally the UK would have to give cash.

Ah that sounds cool...but could possibly be an exploit, is there anything to limit this (max. credit/year) or consequences for relations or national unity?

Hopefully not...
I mean, you do whatever you want to do to help out allies ;)
If you want to give them a lot of free stuff, that's your call really... Those money could've been spent on other things. Yeah, the US probably has a lot to practically give away for "free", but didn't they have that IRL too? My history isn't the greatest ;)

And about only having an event stopping an ahistorical war... You could mod in cores on the territory you want :p
Say, for a Swed\Finns war, you could just set cores to the ones you want, you don't have to make an event to acctually meet requirements...
Of course, they would have to accept white peace (or whatever) in order to give you your claims, IIRC...

Yeah, those are great examples for our new surrender mechanism. Low national unity and as soon as soviet troops show up, they surrender, and the Soviet turned them into puppets.

What if they are American troops? Or the British? Why was Romania more likely to defect to Comintern? You see - that's why you need a system to replace the events. Even if it's not a "peace" system, but just some mechanism to allow Axis members to defect to whichever country is trying to overrun them, rather than just the Soviets.

What if they are American troops? Or the British? Why was Romania more likely to defect to Comintern? You see - that's why you need a system to replace the events. Even if it's not a "peace" system, but just some mechanism to allow Axis members to defect to whichever country is trying to overrun them, rather than just the Soviets.
Yes. This is so true.

Considering the system is doing exactly what we intend it to it is not broken. Now it's not my fault you can't grasp this rather simple concept. However it is enitrely prepared to deal with a Japanese Victory against the US as the Japan would be required to actually phisically invade the US to achieve. If Japan then wants to release the US as a puppet afterwards that's their business.

If the Japanese have to physically invade and occupy parts of the US mainland in order for the US to even contemplate surrender, something is seriously wrong.

If the USN is blown to pieces in the Pacific (thus negating much of the power/projection of the USAAF), the US would most definitely consider a negotiated peace, assuming the Japanese would let them (and 9/10 I as the JAP player would accept; who wants the bother of invading the US!?)

Let's face it - the US' ability to wage war is zero; their only plan would be the atomic bomb (if invented at this point) - and even if it were, the US have no way of dropping it if the Japs have taken their Pacific islands, &c. Their aerial projection is seriously hampered.

If the bomb is out of the question, I see no reason why both the populace and the government would have an alternative to surrendering.

Also, in a previous post you posed the question of what we learn about 1940 from 1871. You said nothing, to which I disagree.

They were not overly different in nature, and I don't see why it should be impossible for a thoroughly battered France to not wish to simply hand over Alsace-Lorraine to the Germans.

We've both read - presumably - the mindset of the French in 1940. Any such peace terms coming from Berlin would have happily been accepted.

Also, in a previous post you posed the question of what we learn about 1940 from 1871. You said nothing, to which I disagree.

Also let's not forget that the French surrender in 1940 was a negotiated peace. Could have been different depending on how well the French did, like you suggest only Alsace-Lorraine could have been handed over. IIRC some German generals wanted to just take Alsace-Lorraine and have France as an ally for the war against communism.

I would settle at least for a modification of the surrender mechanism to allow for -

a) Defections (without any help from events - this was a COMMON occurence on the Axis side, with only Germany, Japan and Hungary never defecting - and it took a coup in Hungary to prevent Horthy from throwing in the towel)
b) Sign Peace option that lets you keep OVERSEAS territories, even without claims. I specifically have Hawaii in mind here.

I also tend to agree that this "realism" that King touts has an interesting side effect of encouraging a Japanese land invasion of North America. Yeah, I buy that as a plausible outcome :confused: I'm assuming the Japanese aren't hardcoded to lose...

I also tend to agree that this "realism" that King touts has an interesting side effect of encouraging a Japanese land invasion of North America. Yeah, I buy that as a plausible outcome :confused: I'm assuming the Japanese aren't hardcoded to lose...

There is simply no way the US would still be at war with the Japanese if the latter had eliminated all of the former's means of preventing an invasion of the continent.

The US would have sued for peace the minute they realised they were completely vulnerable - essentially the game is up then.

There is simply no way the US would still be at war with the Japanese if the latter had eliminated all of the former's means of preventing an invasion of the continent.

The US would have sued for peace the minute they realised they were completely vulnerable - essentially the game is up then.

Particularly when threatened on the other side by a Germany which executed a, eg. successful Seelowe, and Italy winning in Africa.

What really bothers me is that I cannot, after breaking someone's national unity and actually totally winning the war, draw up borders and install a puppet government after I took what colonies/provinces/etc I want.

For instance, why couldn't I take just alsace-lorraine after breaking the french national unity and winning? Does every victorious invasion of France have to end with Vichy France with the borders exactly like it has hardcoded in the event? Could I negotiate for peace with the British (before US & Soviets are a part of the war) after a successful invasion of the British isles and victory in Africa in return for, eg. a part of their African colonies and disarament? Etc.

Particularly when threatened on the other side by a Germany which executed a, eg. successful Seelowe, and Italy winning in Africa.

What really bothers me is that I cannot, after breaking someone's national unity and actually totally winning the war, draw up borders and install a puppet government after I took what colonies/provinces/etc I want.

For instance, why couldn't I take just alsace-lorraine after breaking the french national unity and winning? Does every victorious invasion of France have to end with Vichy France with the borders exactly like it has hardcoded in the event? Could I negotiate for peace with the British (before US & Soviets are a part of the war) after a successful invasion of the British isles and victory in Africa in return for, eg. a part of their African colonies and disarament? Etc.

Such things will likely come in the form of National Decisions, and if paradox doesn't do it, modders certainly will.
For example; when you have occupied A & B, you can do Decision A causing Nation A to be released and Nation B to capitulate.

@Alexander Sell: Hungary actually did switch sides; after the coup against Horthy, Szalasi gained power, but he would be dethroned by the Soviets and the new government would switch sides.

Just to clarify.. there is a "sign peace" option that signs a status quo peace for occupied claims.. but that is basically not valid in the big ww2 war.

Hello everyone....OK, I've read this thread....not willing to judge this until I see it, but I'm guessing a few things:

1) Would seemingly not be all that difficult to mod "status quo" peace (using an event) based on things like how far the Japanese player was able to get in the Pacific, etc...I have not modded HOI2 much, but is there a random number function that could add to the uncertainty of an event (like an 80% chance of a certain province along with many others being captured = event firing)?

2) Minors can still have their "little wars" but not going to be so easy to "level up" as minor power anymore (ha ha say like South America)

3) The ultimate objective is victory with the barrel of a gun...

So I suppose truly wacko things like England and Germany having peace does not have a chance....here is another wacko what if....what if Germany simply did not declare war on Poland...does the game breakdown after so many game years? I suppose I will find this out when I buy the game and try it meself! ;) I seem to recall that there are some scripted (?) events concerning **IF** Japan were to capture a certain amount of the USA / possessions...just curious.

Lastly, I ask the devs to **please**....pretty please, post a screen shot of what this "sign(ed) peace" looks like...like, does a button materialize when the option is available (kind of like in Civ 4 BTS, a little fist shows up when one has the option of liberating colonies and the like).

Regards,

Jeff