• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As Montgomery pushed aside the maroon sails guarding the Field HQ’s entrance, Montgomery was busy drawing out Operation Down-Under on the map. Without looking up, the Field Marshall answered “Hello Monty, good to see you made it. Check this out”

Montgomery really needs to quit multitasking so much, he's beginning to talk to himself.:D

I'm glad to see new designs getting their first taste of combat, hopefully they come out superior!

Beware the Antitank Kangaroo!

Montgomery really needs to quit multitasking so much, he's beginning to talk to himself.:D

Monty clearly knows that there is only one general able to outclass him.

HIMSELF!

:D

I just Lolled at that. I'll sort out monty's schizophrenia. I thought I'd proofread that properly! >.<

Ah yes, I forgot to mention, the manuscript is full of spelling errors :D. My autocorrect is asleep when it comes to English. Laurence usually goes over the updates and picks them out.

Also, time to reclaim the Australian Dominion! The fall of Samoa really showed those American island-stacking pigs what happens when you send the marines

-Vincent

anyway amazing update! im starting to love these ironsides! their like some super powerful version of the brits!:p and are they the SAS's replacement or just more elite than them?

They were commando’s. Elites. Soldier’s of the British Empire. The 7th Ironsides. Officially erected by Prime Minister Oswald Mosley himself during the Colonial Wars, the 7th Regiment was a special branch of the SAS, under direct jurisdiction of the Prime Minister of the British Empire
;)

Don't do more than a page of updates per day. That's enough to keep people satisfied without running out of material.

On a side note, look what I just got in the mail:

In reality it's the flag of Nijmegen (my city), but to me it's the rebel flag in every PI game I've played. Was more expensive than normal flags (Dutch, etc.) but it was worth it.
Wow, looks cool, I want one! :D
But it is quite sad that we're stuck with this banner as avatar, we should be able to pick the CP flag or a crimson banner or something. :D

Why not jump to the Base Strike or even just the Fleet in Being tree to be qualitatively even in doctrines for Germany? I know this has been answered before, but hopefully TRP can shed light on this again.
I know that for large scale naval warfare one needs base strike (the middle tree) to be at least a little effective.
Greater Germany is stuck in sealane interdiction, and the British Empire in fleet-in-being, but remember that the game was started around 2 years (?) ago, and back then we weren't as experienced with HoI as we are now.
Furthermore, the PLAN was that Vincent remained the naval superpower and that I was the land superpower.

This was before we decided to "enhance" the USA and it's allies. ;)

So to sum it up, yes it is too late to change trees, and yes, we are screwed.
:D

-Laurence

Just to remark at those who post they like bigger updates - I'm doing them, as they narratively make sense, and feeling out the good cliffhangers. This is important to me, so update length will vary, but the way Vincent writes means they won't be much longer than the first un most likely.

Glad to see you guys like the Ironsides :D. They will make a few returns throughout the entire AAR, and have some basic storybuilding aswell. I put the Ironsides in because A) commando's are awesome B) They're a great way to describe epic battles and C) because I wanted to take a more 'Hollywood-action-comedy' approach to the war, the Ironsides are known for swearing heavily, and joke even when under a hail of lead. Just a recap, these are the characters
Robert Mayne: Or 'Cap'n'. Mayne is the leader of the SAS, a hardcore veteran in service since the Deutschkrieg (note his introduction in the flashback story scene a while ago, where Van Geyte talks to a young Mayne on the plane to England in the 20s). His name is actually a combination of two famous SAS, although I forgot how I exactly got this info, and even if it's actually correct. If I recall, Lt. Blair Mayne, who formed the SAS and Robert Shelldon, another known SAS hero

Richards: Richards is the team engineer. He is known for his affection to massive explosions and boobytraps, and for his dislike of Mahoney.

Mahoney: Mahoney is the team medic. He is known for his affection to disliking Richards, and his dislike of Richards

Motega: 'Chief' or 'Eagle' is a Native American Seouk who is tall, strong, and a badass sniper. Also collects the scalps of his fallen American enemies, as a revenge to American opression of his people.

Aside from the 7th Ironsides, which are a sort of Delta Force/SAS/Green beret/Paracommando/SS/Secret Police/A-team combo, there will also be brief cameos of the 5th 'Fighting Yeomen' and the 3rd 'Ultramarines'. Dibs to whoever knows the inspirations :p

And yes, there will be a '7th Ironsides perform a helicopter drop on an oil tanker in the North Pacific' scene very late into the AAR. And yes, Robert Mayne will smoke a cigar.

All hail the Channel Pact!
-Vincent

I should thwack you for doing that reference; don't tell me that one of their newest recruits for the 7th is a certain MacTavish? :D

Good old Soap. As badass as a modern scot can get.

It's kinda annoying in COD. I've played through MW 1 and had no idea what Soap looked like. Now that I've played through MW 2 I know that Soap is as badass as Price. (Although in another way.) Good thing I don't have to wonder about MWs main char as he is not important to the plot right now.

So that noone will be mistake get a spoiler.

Is there anyone who knows the event IDs of the Belgian Capitulation event and the Dutch Capitulation event?
I am unable to find these events in the folder they are supposed to be in, can anyone shed some light on this? It's quite urgent (Like RTCB-update-necessary urgent). :p

Thanks,

-Laurence

nope cant find them anywhere. its a ghost event!

With Monty AND Rommel in charge, the CP cannot lose!

Is there anyone who knows the event IDs of the Belgian Capitulation event and the Dutch Capitulation event?

Try events 25060 and 25066. See if that works.

I should thwack you for doing that reference; don't tell me that one of their newest recruits for the 7th is a certain MacTavish? :D

Great idea :D. I was looking for a new Ironside anyway, a chain of events later on will force the group to accept a new member. Soap MacTavish it is!

-Vincent

Nnoooo don't be so obvious. Price, someone called Gaz, or perhaps That great Stalwart, the guy on the sniper mission in Chernobyl when you spoiler mr. spoilers arm. MACMILLAN! Thats it. You can have a plane land on his legs if you like :p

.... The only this this AAR now needs is CAPTAIN PRICE AND HIS MUSTACHE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.