• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
YAYS! NUKES!

Is it only UK that has nukes?

We both have nukes, although I was the first one to develop them. Germany should get nukes approx a month from now, but it won't be mentioned in the AAR. In the story, it would be more fitting that the UK would share this technolgoy with the Germans immediately (because technically, the German/English nuclear project is joint-developed by a British and German team under Oppenheimer, but we can't model that in HOI)

-Vincent

Correct, Vincents starts producing earlier, and I thing it's about in half a year that Germany gets his tech done (thriving on British blueprints).
But because my IC is quite a bit larger than Vincents I already have the maximum level of reactor set up in Potsdam.

-Laurence

Last edited:
hows the ai doing in terms of researching and stockpiling the nukes?and how many do you 2 have atm?

The ways of modern warfare... Played the new COD by the way?

Could you give a translation of the famous words said after the test? I'd rather have a correct one than a internet translator one.

"Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds!"

i think this is what it is. according to kaisermuffin

Shortly after Event 1, as the test would be called, the Royal Navy commenced a full-scale invasion of Australian waters, sweeping aside the technologically inferior Allied fleets with relative ease.

ukwin2.jpg

The RAN proved no match for it’s larger brother the RN, as British sailors fought with unseen devotion, destined to claim the Dominion of Australia back for the British Empire.

ukwin3.jpg

In the Barrier reefs, ship after ship was destroyed by the British attackers, and Allied efforts in the Pacific proved futile. The USN was incapable to help it’s Australian ally, as more and more US fleets were sent to the Atlantic in hopes of continuing the Blitz, which was now rapidly losing momentum.

ukwin5.jpg

June

ukwin6.jpg

By June, it had become clear that the Blitz was finally over. Pact bombers began to use coordinated bombing runs from Newfoundland and Bermuda, forcing USN fleets to retreat or face annihilation.

winstack1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
endoftheblitz.jpg

In the four months of the Atlantic Blitz, both sides suffered heavy losses. Over three fifths of the Kriegsmarine had been wiped off the map, along with half of the British Reserve Fleets. The USN had managed to conquer vast tracts of naval superiority and severely damage Pact fleets, but ultimately failed the the Blitz’s first objective: Conquering Newfoundland. Offensives directed at Pact shipping in the North-Atlantic had been twarthed by British fleets, while Pact bombers held a strong grip on the seas around Bermuda and Newfoundland. The Channel Pact’s superior air technology proved vital in the Atlantic War, as carrier-based warfare made combat aicraft more important than ever. Under influence of the Geneva Institute, the RAF and Luftwaffe were rapidly modernising, trading their conventional propeller-driven bombers for the considerably faster and more effective turbojet bombers, while jet fighter technology allowed Pact fighters to fend off all US attempts at conquering Newfoundland airspace.

dehavilandvampire.jpg
me262.jpg

The British De Haviland Vampire and German Messerschmitt 262. These new-era jet fighters were far more advanced than their Allied counterparts, giving the Pact an enormous aerial advantage. Both models saw extensive use in the years 1945 and 1946.

gerwin1.jpg

After the Blitz, the Kriegsmarine began offensives of it’s own, driven by the desire for revenge. The following months would be grim ones for the USN.

gerwin2.jpg

ukwin1.jpg

In the Southern Pacific, the Pacific Fleet began paving the road towards Samoa, to cut off all Allied supplies to Australia and New-Zealand.

marinesc.jpg

On Tarawa, Brazillian marines landed, attempting to man offensives into the British-controlled Micronesia

attackaussieisland.jpg

The Push towards Samoa began, as Royal Marine divisions attacked the Bank Island Chain. Canadian and Australian defenders fought bravely, but were ultimately defeated by the battle-hardened marines.

gerloss3.jpg

In Porto, US Naval bombers had managed to catch a Uboat fleet off-guard, decimating their numbers. Luckily, much of the crew managed to escape to Portugal alive, and German shipyards were already producing more and more electroboats to fight off the USN.

ukwin5.jpg

Back in the Southern pacific, an Allied landing attempt on Mare was intercepted by a British Chapter and destroyed.​

ukwin5.jpg

September

noumeawin.jpg
During nighttime, British Royal Marines from the “7th Aces” Regiment launched a surprise attack on the Vichy island of Noumea, catching US forces off-guard. Noumea fell, counting yet another great succes for the Royal Marines.

ussurrendertoroyalmarin.jpg

US Forces surrender to Royal marines during dawn at Noumea
The Royal Marines were, without doubt, one of the most effective branches of the Royal Army. To further support their naval dominance, De Nil himself ordered research into new equipment and weaponry for the Royal Marines, including state-of-the-art apparel, amphibious vehicles and lightweight artillery capable of rapid deployment. The Grand Admiral and the Lord of the Admiralty, Sommerville, believed that future warfare would be increasingly more naval and air-based and rely on speed and manouevreability rather than firepower, as opposed to the mechanized land warfare Van Geyte was fond of. For the invasion of Australia, British and German generals began planning a coordinated naval strike, where Royal marines would breach the beachheads after which the Reichswehr could land their heavy equipment and vehicles to push further inland. This strategy would become known as “Shock, awe and smash”, or as many AOF soldiers mockingly put it “If Tom comes, Jerry will sure as hell be chasing him.”​

Last edited:
Wait what?
Since when have you updated here? :eek:

Since I was subcontracted to do that job by the ever busy Vincent and Laurence :)

No panic people, it is indeed so that Kaisermuffin will help with the updating from now on. An applause for our newest Totally Random Productions Associate! :D

Well-done update btw Kaiser, I do have two remarks: We usually turn off sigs for TCP update posts (you can do that under additional options in show your signature) and maybe that update was a tad massive :D. People tend to get discouraged by updates that are too large, but an increase in update size would indeed be no problem. Maybe about six to seven pictures and accompanying text from now on as a rule of thumb?

Keep up the good work though, with the posting workload off me, more time clears up for writing more and more TCP. I hereby state that I intend to have the entire manuscript done by next summer. hence, the three year plan shall be completed in only two years. This... is progress!

Brittania! Rule the waves!

-Vincent

And it was a good update too!

The Channel Pact by Totally Random Productions (TRP), Updated by me.
:D

Also don't forget that the horizontal lines "--------------------------..." are supposed to be edited out. ;)

Great to have you on board,

-Laurence

hey- I like chunkier updates :p
looks like the tide is turning in the atlantic tho- all is set for a nuclear onslaught!

it seems we all love long updates. why not make it 10-12 pictures plus accompanying description?

and are there any more historical figures to kill? its been too long since weve had an update involving an epic death! like Stalin! (somehow)

Status
Not open for further replies.