• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent. Tell Laurence to teach me how to Mod it, and It will be done!

Shouldn't be too hard to do, really. You could work from the NL tag, give all of Belgium's and Luxembourg's NP's to the Netherlands and merge the Belgian techteams/leaders into the NL files. Then remove the 'Belgian capitulation' event (the only event Belgium gets in entire HOI2, how depressing :p). Maybe change the name of the Netherlands to 'United Netherlands' (which would be the official name of such a union) and maybe a new flag.

For the flag, you could just use the Netherlands flag, but I don't really think it's appropriate for a democratic benelux union, since it bears no real reference to the French and German minorities (which the Belgian flag does). I think a sort of merge between the three flags would be most appropriate. Something like these.

77536956.jpg

92331882.jpg

Small explanation: The original Dutch flag had an orange top bar (now it's red), referring to the Dutch monarchy House of orange. It's my idea that these flags represent the three population groups in the United Netherlands: Orange as a mix of Dutch red and Flemish yellow (all Dutch-speaking), white for the French and black for the Germans

Maybe this would be most fitting in a Kaiserreich universe? A story where Belgium was not involved in the First World War, and later united with the Netherlands in face of German domination in Europe. You could even mod the United Netherlands als a bolshevik ally into your current AAR :D

Hail the United Netherlands! Our League of Orange!

-Vincent

I've put some pictures up in the readers group along with comments from that protest two days ago. If you want to participate in the discussion, go there.

-Vincent

I approve of a united Netherlands and that awesome flag.
Hail the United Netherlands!
Glory to the house of Oranje! :D

Aaah, an event string involving a french release of a european puppet may be in order, if they win this war in europe, though I'll use the BEL tag, since the Dutch still have the E. Indies and the BELgians are just their European Demesne in KR. Now, over to the flag-thread to get these flags modded to work in the game!

Aaah, an event string involving a french release of a european puppet may be in order, if they win this war in europe, though I'll use the BEL tag, since the Dutch still have the E. Indies and the BELgians are just their European Demesne in KR. Now, over to the flag-thread to get these flags modded to work in the game!

My god he's actually going through with it, good luck Muffin!
Good luck!

-Laurence

I should not spam your thread with this, but would you (Laurence) mind having a look at the events that lead to countries releasing independant nations (I think the Vanilla West German code would work?) and see if you could botch me an event? It doesn't need a whole chain, just an event number I can hammer in the console that spawns that beautifully OrangeWhiteandRed nation ;)

I should not spam your thread with this, but would you (Laurence) mind having a look at the events that lead to countries releasing independant nations (I think the Vanilla West German code would work?) and see if you could botch me an event? It doesn't need a whole chain, just an event number I can hammer in the console that spawns that beautifully OrangeWhiteandRed nation ;)

Sorry I'm a bit busy atm with my exams and all, but I think that the "inherit which=" command line is best if you simply want to annex the other 2 countries, but this includes colonies.

The release command line like the ones in the USSR soviet block event don't work as far as I know, you will need them as part of your nation, not the other way around. ;)

Again I'm not an expert in this field, it is best to just snoop around the evens and try to copy paste something together, it's not so hard, give it a try.

Let me know how things turn out, just PM me.

-Laurence

Are you going to add the united Netherlands to your current AAR or do you plan on making a complete new mod/AAR Kaiser?

also, for the first time this week, my connection is decent again. Yay!

-Vincent

I'll add them in as a new country - then probably go back, and start a new game, either merging them in 1936, or loading my Soviet Save from when that happened, and playing it as a WhatIf? (Probably, what if a certain someone replaced someone else. Go read my AAR and dare to guess :p)

Oh, and I figured out how to do it (I think. Here are the options in outline form)
Fire event Belgium needs to
-Inherit Realms of Netherlands.
-Acquire Luxembourg (not an independant in KR, so a handover from the French is needed)
-Fire a new event creating 'Dutch Indonesia' and have that as a Military Junta-Exile Government.
- Scrabble for resources! XD

Alternatively, just have the event fire, giving NL
-Inherit Realms of Belgium
-Acquire Luxembourg from the French
- Change name to United Benelux?

The main question IMO is, does UB keep the Dutch East Indian Colonies? I figure the Germans would never let Lux out of their hands, nor let Flandern-Wallonien unite with NL, so after a British or French invasion and installation of a Syndie UB government (oh joy, minister modding! ;)) would the Colonies pull a Nat. France?

Perhaps this should actually be a ComFrance cedes territory to NL event which fires the appropriate replacement of ministers?

Last edited:
hum, did someone say "bet"?:D

yes i think i did. can i bet 10 ds on that in this thread and spread the monster idea here too?

vince since you have a decent connection can we find out if my bet was right or not? siberia doesnt like waiting

meh, if TRP accepts, why not?

I'll add them in as a new country - then probably go back, and start a new game, either merging them in 1936, or loading my Soviet Save from when that happened, and playing it as a WhatIf? (Probably, what if a certain someone replaced someone else. Go read my AAR and dare to guess :p)

Oh, and I figured out how to do it (I think. Here are the options in outline form)
Fire event Belgium needs to
-Inherit Realms of Netherlands.
-Acquire Luxembourg (not an independant in KR, so a handover from the French is needed)
-Fire a new event creating 'Dutch Indonesia' and have that as a Military Junta-Exile Government.
- Scrabble for resources! XD

Alternatively, just have the event fire, giving NL
-Inherit Realms of Belgium
-Acquire Luxembourg from the French
- Change name to United Benelux?

The main question IMO is, does UB keep the Dutch East Indian Colonies? I figure the Germans would never let Lux out of their hands, nor let Flandern-Wallonien unite with NL, so after a British or French invasion and installation of a Syndie UB government (oh joy, minister modding! ;)) would the Colonies pull a Nat. France?

Perhaps this should actually be a ComFrance cedes territory to NL event which fires the appropriate replacement of ministers?

I think you should let them keep Indonesia and add claims to the Congo (Belgian colony). Netherlands are a democracy anyways, so I don't think there'll be massive protest against syndalism.

One thing though, fix the colour. No retarded green for United Netherlands please :D. A HOI2 Belgian bordeaux or Dutch orange would work.

-Vincent

yes i think i did. can i bet 10 ds on that in this thread and spread the monster idea here too?

vince since you have a decent connection can we find out if my bet was right or not? siberia doesnt like waiting
meh, if TRP accepts, why not?
Even though we came up with the idea in the beginning it is no reason to infect this thread any further with chaos and anarchy. ;)

-Laurence

Last edited:
I actually had a thought for a non-syndie takeover. Personal Union between Wilhemina and Adalbert-von-Preussen in 1929. She dies in childbirth, and he remarries Charlotte of Luxembourg. The Kaiser approves the creation of a stronger puppet state.

As for changing the colour, I have no merciful idea how do such things... though I'm reading the general mod how-to's atm...

Hey, Anarchy is not Chaos!
Yet.

Hey, Anarchy is not Chaos!
Yet.

Keep the betting to the Betting Game. No need for betting in here :) (although I must admit, me and Laurence make the occasional bet during TCP)

-Vincent

This is my proposal........

europaalt.jpg

Sorry, I am more used to editing SVG than anything else. Anyway, it is heavily based off of something known as "Germany's Future", a propaganda tool used to outline Germany's WWI "claims". However, in this scenario, it seems more plausible for these claims to be brought into reality. Hungary and Bulgaria are enlarged; the Papal states claim a sizable chunk of Italy; Spain and Portugal are united into Iberia, same situtation in Scandinavia; France is reduced to its core, with Burgundy being made independent, and British control over historical areas. Russia is also given independence, but maintained as a puppet of the German government.

Edit: I hope you don't mind the loss of Belgium

Last edited:
We cannot view that gallery, just so ya know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.