Closed Thread
Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 56 81 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Channel Pact - Germany&UK Coop AAR

200+ pagina's I can't wait for the remainder to be uploaded
    Originally Posted by Remble in his AAR The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944. (Writer missing in action)

"What about the Pacific?" asked Hideki.
    "Oh I forgot. The Pacific is a large body of water. We own it. No one is trying to dispute that fact." Tanigawa answered with a grin.
    "I am so glad I asked. Please continue Minister Satoru."

If you like reading, try Uriahs HOI3 AAR

"Rank and File: A clerk's war Germany 1936 (ver 1.4)" (stopped)

♦ Totally Random Productions ♦ TRP's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

Yeah, we better should get going . Here's another update

------

December

Back in Europe, the German advance had been halted before Naples. A British invasion was planned to flank the Italian defenders and put the boot under Pact control for once and for all

After the fall of Taranto, German forces broke through at Naples and Foggia, forcing all Italian troops to flee to Sicily.

The demand for more shore bombardment capacity led to the development of the Horatio class Super Heavy Battleship.

Two ships of this kind were ordered, the HMS Thunderer and the HMS Vanguard. When commissioned, these battleships would be the largest warships ever to sail the Seven Seas. Rumours had that the Japanese were also constructing two Super Heavy Battleships, the IJN Yamato and the IJN Mushahi. In the US, the news was met with new orders being placed for Norfolk Shipyard to commence production on a fleet of new capital class vessels, including Battlecruisers, Heavy Cruisers and Battleships. The naval arms race continued.

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy4ever View Post
    Two mighty Battleships

You should equip them with FC and mabye even Radar though to maximise their power
    I'm afraid we can't do that, we're playing Doomsday and not Armageddon . About your Moomsday questions: We'll make up a list of all changes later on. Most important would be the industrial bonuses we gave through consolefiring a modified event (We called the event "You just got CANONIZED!" ) and some surplus resources for most of our enemies, although the bonuses would be most formidable for Japan, the US and Brazil (Canada is packing 180IC aswell in 44). We didn't edit any AI files because we don't know how, so we're not sure what the AI is going to do with nukes. By any chance, I pray to god they don't develop nukes, or else we'd be royally screwed.
    Laurence and Vincent - Totally Random productions (unrelated to the Total Realism mod)
    Post-Nuke Project - A Total Conversion for Darkest Hour - Pre-Alpha released

Retired AAR writers, our work can be found on our Inkwell page

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TRP View Post
    I'm afraid we can't do that, we're playing Doomsday and not Armageddon . About your Moomsday questions: We'll make up a list of all changes later on. Most important would be the industrial bonuses we gave through consolefiring a modified event (We called the event "You just got CANONIZED!" ) and some surplus resources for most of our enemies, although the bonuses would be most formidable for Japan, the US and Brazil (Canada is packing 180IC aswell in 44). We didn't edit any AI files because we don't know how, so we're not sure what the AI is going to do with nukes. By any chance, I pray to god they don't develop nukes, or else we'd be royally screwed.
    If you didn't edit the AI, they wont. In the AI files there is a section with technologies that the AI ignores, i.e. that it wont research, and Nuke techs are on that list.
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 12/16/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Italy divided, great!

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    If you didn't edit the AI, they wont. In the AI files there is a section with technologies that the AI ignores, i.e. that it wont research, and Nuke techs are on that list.
    Good for us, I guess. I don't think we'd be able to defeat a nuclear superpower US with the IC it currently has . We do have a little special surprise planned for you guys at the end of the aar, but those are matters for later

Cheers,
    -Vincent and Laurence, Totally Random Productions
    Laurence and Vincent - Totally Random productions (unrelated to the Total Realism mod)

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This AAR looks like it will be epic. Subscribed.

Darkest Hour

The following events took place on the 27th of February, 1942, Berlin, Germany

The Channel Pact Surpreme Command was in turmoil. Founded two months after the Act of the Pact, the Surpreme Command was stationed at the Prussian military Academy in Berlin. Here several high-ranking generals attended, with special offices reserved for Field Marshall Van Geyte and Grand Admiral De Nil and their staff. Now, an emergency meeting was being held in the conference room to discuss recent developments. The war was now a year old and going reasonably well for the Pact, with the Italian and African stalemates slowly crumbling the European allies were on the verge of surrender.
    In Asia, on the other hand, the situation was rapidly deteriorating. Several more prominent British ships had been destroyed by the Combined Fleet, including the HMS Astute, HMS Port Hancour, HMS Paragon, HMS Royal Oak and several other heavy cruisers. British shipping was taking hits left and right, and with most of British industry still tangled up on the construction of new carriers it had little to spare to protect Pact shipping. In the meanwhile, Japanese imperial forces were pushing relentlessly towards the vital port of Singapore

British troops reorganised to hold the lines at Kuantan and Kuala Lumpur, where the dense forests would shield them from tactical bombardment. But other more terrifying news had arrived.

The following events took place February 28th, 1942, Berlin, Germany
    “Goddammnit!”

Van geyte nearly rammed his fist through the table after reading the newly arrived documents. Breaking with years of Monroe doctrine, the United States of America, led by the newly elected Interventionist Alfred Langdon, had declared war upon the Channel Pact.
    “This is grave news indeed” De Nil nodded. “But, war was to come sooner or later”
    “No, this isn’t just bad news. When America goes to war, the entire world goes to war. I expect South-America to join the conflict very soon now”
    “So what? They’ll cut our opium supplies? Ignore them. It is not your problem now, not before the land war has been won. The naval war is what I'm worried about at the moment. Our shipbuilding industry has maxed out, we hit the roof, and still the Japanese and Americans are producing at least double of what we are."
    “Oh, but there’s worse”
    Van Geyte threw a second document on the table, a recently imposed embargo on the Pact nations by the Cominterm
    “Were we even trading with the Cominterm?”
    “No. But that’s not the point. The Reichstag is in a fury over this one. They want war, and they want it now. Our manpower reserves are depleted. Invading the Soviet beast would be suicide”
    “You should know better than to listen to the Reichstag”
    “The Reichstag is not my concern, it’s the people. They want to see epic victories, German forces overthrowing all opposition. They aren’t too keen to have a Communist superpower at their borders. We can’t risk losing their support over this one”
    The German generals also attending responded
    “Let us go to war. Germany has faced graver odds before. Our backs are against the wall, and it’s time to fight back. The Soviet Union must be destroyed”
    Van geyte sat down and pondered

“How many forces are manning the Eastern Front?”
    “250 divisions, sir, including 50 tank divisions and 20 mechanized divisions. We expect to be able to mobilize an additional 70 divisions in two months.”
    “And the Soviets?”
    “380 divisions. Undermanned. Unprepared. The officer purge eliminated all of their most capable officers. We can smash them”
    The field marshall grumbled.
    "What do you think?"
    The Grand Admiral nodded "War."
    “Very well. We go to war against the Soviet Union. I hope you’ve all made peace with god.”
    He stood up and grabbed his coat
    “I will be assuming command of Armeegruppe Mittel myself. I expect to commence a full-scale assault in 14 days”
    “14 days? But sir, that’s com…”
    “Fourteen days”
    the door slammed shut
    The general sighed
    “Inform the Reichstag. Commence Operation Barbarossa”

It had been unevitable: The escalation.

54 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

War it is.
    Attack by fire, meaning superior fire-power on your side will ensure victory.
    Unless due to the logistical problems.

Very nicely written update, can't wait for the next update again!!
    Originally Posted by Remble in his AAR The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung, Japan 1944. (Writer missing in action)

"What about the Pacific?" asked Hideki.
    "Oh I forgot. The Pacific is a large body of water. We own it. No one is trying to dispute that fact." Tanigawa answered with a grin.
    "I am so glad I asked. Please continue Minister Satoru."

If you like reading, try Uriahs HOI3 AAR

"Rank and File: A clerk's war Germany 1936 (ver 1.4)" (stopped)

51 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2
    Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Wow!

It's time to kick some commies ass. With british help!
    Commander Shepard: You must have had some kind of interesting experience.
    Urdnott Wrex: Well, there was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.

Darkest Hour

Dont let Singapore fall! if you lose it then everything to the east must be abandoned (including Hong Kong)
    Not to mention that my entire Pacific fleet is stationed there, and a considerable amount of Kriegsmarine transports. Luckily, we have a bailout plan: If Singapore falls, there are plenty of Tp's to catch the fleeing troups. That is, if the IJN doesn't rip us to shreds before that

What isn't mentioned in this part of the AAR is that Australia had begun an invasion of our puppet Indonesia, and that I'm landing forces atm to help fight in Papua new-Guinea. I hate those bloody jungles!

Cheers
    -Vincent, Totally Random Productions
    Last edited by TRP; 05-05-2009 at 21:02.

Darkest Hour

Chapter V: Escalation

Operation Barbarossa would go into history as the most hastily planned offence ever, as hostilities started only fourteen days after the plans were made. Following the German declaration of war, several prominent South-American states joined the Allies, as predicted by Van Geyte. The war was now fully escalating

US Forces rapidly deployed to the Azores island chain, and transformed it into a main base of operations for the Western allies, fro which they initiated countless bombing raids over Pact-occupied Europe. There was no hope left for Italy, as British control of the ME shut off all communications, so US fleets concentrated on coordinating the Pacific War with the IJN and raids in the Northern Atlantic. In the meanwhile, three mayor offensives were launched by the Channel Pact, hoping to smash Russia on all fronts.

Operation Barbarossa was the main offensive, and would later be known as the largest land war ever seen in modern combat. Blitzkrieg tactics and encirclements were the main German tactic, while the Russian forces employed mass-unit warfare and attritional defence. The Great Patriotic War had begun.

The true nature of the Third Act of the Channel pact came forward, as it served for a shrewd backdoor into Russia. Pact Forces were hoping to quickly advance over the Central-Asian plains and capture the vital industrial areas of the Trans-Siberian railroad, hereby cutting Soviet forces off from their main supply. Other prominent targets included the rich oil reserves of the South-Caucasus and the Black Sea ports.

From Scandinavia, German elite mountain troops advanced south to capture Leningrad and outflank the Russian defenders. So began the Russo-German war, a battle to the death over three fronts spanning over 9.000 miles.

-----------------------------

To quote Laurence "Did someone say 'Three-way Barbarossa?'. It's on!"

By the way, feel free to vote for our AAR in the AARlands choice AwAARds. We're trying to aim for a runner-up position in Narrative or History Book, unfortunately here's no Gameplay/Story hybrid genre, which is what we count our AAR as . Thanks in advance for all your support!

-Vincent and Laurence. Totally Random Productions

Darkest Hour

Nice Uber Barbarossa, but you will surely destroy the Ruskies.

Good luck in ACAs BTW (voting ends in a few days though) but I voted for you in narrative
    We'll, runner-up is the best we're hoping for. Obviously, as an AAR who started three weeks ago we can't compete with the likes of Democracy's last Legs or a Weltkriegshaft (But my personal favourite is Prisoners of Silence though, a great AAR, you should read it if you have some time left). But we're fairly happy with our progress atm: 7.000 views on the AAR, over 700 view on our trailer and 100 replies. We're hoping to win some AwAARds in the future, and use our hybrid formula to attract more subscribers from both the story-loving side and the purely gameplay-loving side. What awards are there to win for an AAR anyway? And how does that cookie system work?

Cheers,
    -Vincent and Laurence

Feldmarschall von Toiletkrieg hebelecan's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionPirates of Black CoveSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Marvelous picture at the beginning. Its simple but it tells a lot.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

There are two weekly AAR awards: ''weekly AAR showcase'' (the only prize my AAR has won ) and ''writAAR of the week'' both are passed on by the previous week's winners. And cookies are simply randomly awarded by people who like your AAR.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 31 56 81 106 ... LastLast