• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

falloftokyo.jpg

On the 9th of September, 1944, Pact forces victoriously entered the capital of the Japanese Empire. The war with Japan had lasted for three years and taken many lives, but it now had become clear that Japan’s era had ended. Still, even after hearing the news of the death of Emperor Hirohito and General Charles De Gaulle, who was shot down in a civilian plane over Tokyo attempting to escape, Japanese forces refused to surrender. The Imperial Japanese Army would fight to the death, and never surrender.

attackosaka.jpg

The following battle for Osaka lasted another week, as the dense urban combat hindered Pact advance. In Fukuoka, over 120 German divisions were still incapable of breaking the Japanese stalemate.

-----------------------​

Behold, the setting sun! Muahahahahahaa! Terrain and 0 infrastructure is a pain, but it's the only way we can smash up the Japanese. Movement is slow, but at this point, there really isn't much hope left for Japan.

-Vincent

Last edited:
Urban?
The pic cries 'Hills'. :p
Artistic freedom of the writer:
"...as several tiny hills hindered Pact advance."
This just doesn't sound good, do you get me? :)

Too bad this isn't HOI3, for all it's problems it'd still show you the staggering amount of casualties on each side. It's probably in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds or millions.

Also De Gaulle is such a stubborn guy, taking off in a plane. Good thing you killed that bastard off.
I can only imagine the horrible amount of attrition *shivers*
I know, But no epic kill scene for him, he doesn't deserve one. :p

-Laurence

The French deserve nothing.

In real life, the French deserve as much as any other human being. In this story however, pissing off Laurence by DOWing him in '41 wasn't one of the best ideas they ever came up with :D

-Vincent

you bunch of racists!:mad:
you can't just forget the italians.

Okay, enough about the French for a while :D. No update last night since me and Laurence were playing some Channel Pact. Crashes have been becoming more frequent but we seem to have fixed them by cutting megs in our savegame folders. Progress on the trailer is going along, I hope to have it released before the 17th, when me and Laurence leave on our hike.

-Vincent

Last edited:

fallhiroshima.jpg

After the capture of Osaka, the entire Pact ground force was thrown into a massive two-directional assault on Hiroshima. Japanese forces resisted heavily, as the battle of Hiroshima proved to be the last great battle in the Japanese campaign

fallofhiroshima.jpg

-------------​

Damn Hiroshima is a tough nut to crack :eek:

That's why the yanks used nukes. :cool:

Well, we don't get our first nukes till '46 so don't expect any nukeage soon.

Some news from the future: We've started using a new modified borderstyle, similar to the one I developed for RTCB. It'll take a while before the first 'new' screens roll in though :D

Also, today I succeeded in cooking and eating my first Indonesian chicken stew with rice. This is a five-pot recipe I completely made up on the fly, based on Chinese and other Asian stuff I've cooked before. Aah, the sweet taste of succes. Another entry for our patented 'Totally Random Productions Book of Extravagant Escapades in the line of Exquisite Edibles' (r)

Peace out
-Vincent

And look into your PM box please, I sent you something.

And look into your PM box please, I sent you something.

I read your PM, but I really don't have too much time to spare at the moment. Inbetween planning our trip, writing as much AAR as we can given our increased free time, the occasional concert or party and our work on the CP Chronicles there just isn't time to waste. I'll see what I can do when I get back end of August. Sorry for that.

Also, neither AAR will be updated this evening, since me and Laurence are working on more Channel Pact gameplay.

Peace out,
Vincent and Laurence, Totally Random Productions

Ah, no worries, it's not really that urgent. The events described are still ways off anyhow. :)

Ah, no worries, it's not really that urgent. The events described are still ways off anyhow. :)

I see. Are you going HOI3 with your democratic German AAR then?

-Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.