• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but Firestorm and Cool are really BAD. That's the first time I see a human been defeated by the AI. Sometimes I saw countries like Romania or Commie China becoming great powers.

'Little' Commie China became a great power in RL aswell now did it not? ;)

And, if you have a problem with the way Firestorm and Cool play, I suggest you go say that the thread that is actually about their AAR. A discussion of DMLL seems rather misplaced in the thread of a completely opposite (human players are dictatorships fighting democrats) style of AAR.

That, and I believe you severely underestimate the AI.

-Vincent

battleatlantic.jpg
In the Atlantic, the Kriegsmarine continued to beat back attacking US fleets, refusing to allow them to come in range of Europe.

invasiontaiwan.jpg
In the meanwhile, British forces from Birma landed on Taiwan under heavy RAF bombardments, stripping the Japanese of another vital port and scoring yet another glorious victory for the veteran Royal Marines.

shanghaistack.jpg
In Shanghai, the last remnants of the Japanese China force made a last brisk stand against the Wehrmacht. After two days of gruesome urban battles, the China Force and all collaboration armies surrendered, ceding control of all of China to Pact Forces.

fallofindochina.jpg
Now cut off from their Chinese supplies, the Indochina front shattered after Pact forces smashed the lines along Phnom Penh, and marched to Saigon. Japan's reign on continental Asia had ended.

--------------​

Woah! Update-ghosted. Laurence has now taken upon the task of updating the AAR, so new posts startle even me :D. Happy Channel Pact Week!

-Vincent

Last edited:
How did you manage to annihilate that pocket?:confused:

The same way you annihilate any pocket: Cut them from supplies and bomb, bomb, bomb them all the way back to Tokyo :D

Nah, HoI saves can be used with different mods so I doubt that some small tweaks will make much difference.

Indeed, but we will still have to test it.

---------------​

victoryatlanticwar.jpg
The Atlantic War Continued, with the Kriegsmarine attacking a US transport fleet and sinking two more US Carriers and a heavy cruiser.

usbattke1.jpg
In the meanwhile, detachments of the Royal Airforce and the Luftwaffe rebased to Newfoundland to raid the US blockade. These continuous attacks by air hindered the US’ ability to deploy troops to land on Newfoundland, as the entire strategy in North-America was based around holding this vital island.

invcasionokinawa.jpg
After Taiwan, British Royal Marines attacked Okinawa; gaining another swift victory over the fatigued Japanese defenders.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the nukes. Personally, we can't wait for the nuclear exchange to begin :D. Unfortunately neither side will have nukes before '46, so those plans are in the long-term idea box.
-Vincent

Muwahahahaha !!
-Laurence

Last edited:
As fun as a nuclear exchange is...if not handled right it can have devastating results :p

But I think it would be best to nuke Japan then fight through all that :)

As fun as a nuclear exchange is...if not handled right it can have devastating results :p

But I think it would be best to nuke Japan then fight through all that :)

The Home Isles are a fort indeed, but we don't have nukes at this point so we were forced to use conventional means for it's invasion. Will be an awesome battle though :eek: If i recall correctly we had to land over 200 divisions and taking over the 15 or less-province Home Islands took us 8 months and even more. In the end, our 'smackdown'-doctrine proved victorious. Simply put, Smackdown means excessive combined arms: Bomb a province completely flat, 0 IC, 0 infrastructure, interdict and ground attack the enemy 24 hours/day to sap their org, and then move in with heavy naval bombardment support. And then , even then, I recall Laurence his 180 divisions being stopped at Hiroshima. Those islands were crazy :eek:

-Vincent

'Little' Commie China became a great power in RL aswell now did it not? ;)

Not in HoI. :D

That, and I believe you severely underestimate the AI.

-Vincent

The vanilla AI it's a crap. With DAIM it improves, but continues to be too easy. See your AAR. Japan, with the huge China puppet and others, is doomed.

The Home Isles are a fort indeed, but we don't have nukes at this point so we were forced to use conventional means for it's invasion. Will be an awesome battle though :eek: If i recall correctly we had to land over 200 divisions and taking over the 15 or less-province Home Islands took us 8 months and even more. In the end, our 'smackdown'-doctrine proved victorious. Simply put, Smackdown means excessive combined arms: Bomb a province completely flat, 0 IC, 0 infrastructure, interdict and ground attack the enemy 24 hours/day to sap their org, and then move in with heavy naval bombardment support. And then , even then, I recall Laurence his 180 divisions being stopped at Hiroshima. Those islands were crazy :eek:

-Vincent

I remember something similar in mine. Took us one month to gain a foothold in Caen. Rotated out, as you said, about 200 divisions worth.

I can't wait for your update when you get that far :) Will be fun to see! Might be a costly battle though.

Last edited:
On a sidenote, me and Laurence have just learned of the existence of this grave incident

We would like to officially state that Totally Random Productions is not, in any way, afilliated to these idiots, and that these teenagers are a disgrace to the name Totally Random Productions. We would also like to state "Yellow 'chute-fabric pants? No. Just... no."

That will be all. Thank you for your time :D

-Vincent and Laurence, The *real* Totally Random Productions

Oh dear. Goku is join the Imperial Forces of Japan!

Oh my. You two probably should start spreading your IC in LOTS of different provinces... just in case. ;)

@ Viden

No offense meant, it's just that it IS quite surprising that the AI can put up such a nasty fight for people... and I hope that in HoI 3, it can finally deliver on that even on a Vanilla flavor. So our Mods will be HELL~! :rofl:

@ TRP
18 months on the Home Islands? That was roughly the timetable for Olympic/Coronet as envisaged by the US. Uncanny, I should say. And beware "a gun behind every blade of grass" in CONUS.

Last edited:
Oh my. You two probably should start spreading your IC in LOTS of different provinces... just in case. ;)

@ Viden

No offense meant, it's just that it IS quite surprising that the AI can put up such a nasty fight for people... and I hope that in HoI 3, it can finally deliver on that even on a Vanilla flavor. So our Mods will be HELL~! :rofl:

@ TRP
18 months on the Home Islands? That was roughly the timetable for Olympic/Coronet as envisaged by the US. Uncanny, I should say. And beware "a gun behind every blade of grass" in CONUS.

I said 8 months, not 18 ;). The attack began the 1st of March, and Japan surrendered end of September. The US partisan problem will be adressed after the fall of Tokyo. I quote De Nil in a story that will be posted in a later update

Van Geyte observed the Grand Admiral
“This next war will not be about breaking the American army. This next war will be about breaking the American will.”
The Field Marshall smirked
“Is it just me, or have you become a very, very evil man Vincent?”

But don't expect an invasion of the US soon. We thought we'd be able to invade in '47. Unfortunately, the AI surprised us by giving us... strong incentives fight for our very survival :eek:. Right now it's '47 and believe me the invasion of America seems further than ever.
-Vincent

Edit by Laurence: I think Vincent is releasing a bit too much information. *sensor*

Last edited:
battleofghuanzoubay.jpg
A week later, British intelligence had managed to decode an order for the Combined Fleet C to move towards the Phillipenes for reasons unknown. British decoders proved correct, as the Pacific Command and a Battleship Chapter were sent to intercept the last mayor Japanese fleet in Hangzhou Bay

japanwin1.jpg

bbansongoesaftercombine.jpg
After an extensive battle, victory followed. The Combined Fleet C attempted to flee back to Japan but was outmanouevred by British fleets with superior speed: the last combined Fleet would not escape the China Seas alive.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.