• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the song in your contest is 'paint it black', done very nice and subtle.

Paint it black? You've got the band right, but I think you forgot to press The picture saying "999" at the bottom. Now, go back and do it again! :D

I love your guy's AAR so much. It is fun to read, even at 1 in the morning :).

Interesting to see the Royal Oak under German colors. Part of that Naval trading between you two again?

Yup, there's not much mention of it in the story, but the Oak was sold off to the Kriegsmarine so they could hold off the Americans in the Atlantic (see the post with the Lissabon summit)

We are glad you like the story, and Laurence is honored with his inclusion ;). Could this be the first step into making the name 'Laurence' a synonym for 'Cold, badass unrelenting motherf...'? :D

And, on top of that, We have good news and bad news. The good news, is this

week2kopie.png

The bad news is that there will be no update today, since I'm very busy helping out at an annual dance show and Laurence is nowhere to be found either ;). Gotta run!

Edit by Laurence: Thank you Firestorm for including my in your submission, hope to see you in the final 5 :D

Last edited:
Awesome!
Is that Dis be our week now, mon! in Japanese?

Because dis truly be our week now, mon. :D

oh shit, in my enthousiasm I mixed them up :D

anyway , good job on that devilish difficult definition in seperating of good and evil.

We are glad you like the story, and Laurence is honored with his inclusion ;). Could this be the first step into making the name 'Laurence' a synonym for 'Cold, badass unrelenting motherf...'? :D

you know you're up against gunnery sergeant hartman for that :)

Awesome!
Is that Dis be our week now, mon! in Japanese?

Because dis truly be our week now, mon. :D

It doesn't really have any (coherent) meaning tbh ;). But, indeed, starting next monday it's time for another dis be our week now 'mon

I think the US will put up more of a fight with about 6 million soldiers. But this will no doubt be a Downfall-style last stand as well. Has Japan started using kamikaze techniques yet?

If you ask me, their entire defence is a kamikaze right now :eek:. Beating us back over three provinces four times while encircled (not pocketed, I mean like no connection to sea left either), now that was some crazy stuff :wacko:. The whole of Indochina is a Mountain/Jungle nightmare if you ask me.

-Vincent

June '43

germanfleetsleavegibral.jpg

In Europe, more German fleets had left the ME and were now deployed in the Atlantic to fight back the Americans. 'Operation Western Shield', as the plan was called, ordered all active Kriegsmarine formations to port in vital Atlantic Islands and attempt to hold off US raids on the heavily damaged Iberian coastline from there. The German entry into the Atlantic war in 1943 would later mark the beginning of the longest and most gruesome naval war the world had ever seen.

centralchina.jpg

In Central-China, Pact forces had managed to smash and encircle remnants of the Chongqing-HQ, effectively breaking the last line of Japanese defence around the southern-Chinese mountain chains. After being defeated in the mountains, Japanese forces quickly retreated to defend the important coastal cities of China

warindochine8june1943.jpg

In Indochina, Pact advance had ground to a halt. After the complete collapse of Siam, the IJA along with still-loyal Siamese and Manchurian forces, now held a strong grip on the jungles and mountains of Indochina, forming a Northern defensive barrier unbreakable for Pact Forces. A plan was made by Weiss to cut the Northern defenders off from supplies, and thus break the powerfull mountain chain defence the Japanese had set up. German and British forces were ordered to blitz to Uban Ratchani, hoping to cut off the defenders before they could manouevre and counterattack.

Have you thought of dividing China and Yangtzekiang as the border?

As I have explained before, we like world maps that are easy to remember: Few countries, big countries. That, and you already know that a unified Republic of China is coming, with a spankin' new custom flag to add ;)

I firmly suggest having the archipelagoes of South East Asia as one whole country.

I firmly suggest having the archipelagoes of South East Asia as one whole country.

And give up the British Raj? Never! ;)

Oh, in other news, does anyone here have proficient Adobe Reader editing skills that would like to help out on the AAR? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Cheers

-Vincent and Laurence, Totally Random Productions

And give up the British Raj? Never! ;)

Oh, in other news, does anyone here have proficient Adobe Reader editing skills that would like to help out on the AAR? If so, we'd like to hear from you. Cheers

-Vincent and Laurence, Totally Random Productions

turning into a pdf? You can use dopdf (freeware) it converts both powerpoint and word

turning into a pdf? You can use dopdf (freeware) it converts both powerpoint and word

Yeah, I'll talk to Laurence about archiving (since I allways add and take out bits of the original word doc right before I post, the version you see isn't the same as the .doc I'm posting from, so in order to get an up-to-date PDF later on we need to copypaste these updates back into another word doc.

In other news:
Channel Pact Week has begun!!!
At the end of this week, July 30th, we will also officially release the first peek at Laurence his upcoming AAR for this summer ;)

-Vincent

Yeah, I'll talk to Laurence about archiving (since I allways add and take out bits of the original word doc right before I post, the version you see isn't the same as the .doc I'm posting from, so in order to get an up-to-date PDF later on we need to copypaste these updates back into another word doc.

In other news:
Channel Pact Week has begun!!!
At the end of this week, July 30th, we will also officially release the first peek at Laurence his upcoming AAR for this summer ;)

-Vincent

As far as I know. there isn't any pdf to doc freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.