• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having Stauffenberg as a field marshal indeed doesn't make sense. He should be a colonel, a major general at max.

Well, would Stauffenberg be field marshal at that point, he would not have lost his eye in Tunisia 1943 being so close to the frontline.... :rolleyes:

Having Stauffenberg as a field marshal indeed doesn't make sense. He should be a colonel, a major general at max.

Stauffenberg, Von Rundstedt and Van Geyte were mayor icons in the Deutschkrieg, where the 'old guard' (Van Geyte, Rundstedt and other non-nazi military traditionalists) led the Reichsfront against the Spartacusbund and NSDAP. Stauffenberg was one of the colonels following Van Geyte, was promoted to Mayor General during the Deutschkrieg and will later be promoted to Field Marshall by Van Geyte (At this point in the story he is indeed Mj.General, but that won't last much longer so get used to Field Marshall Von Stauffenberg ;) )

In this timeline, 'Field Marshall' or 'Grand Admiral' are also terms that designate political influence, as both Van Geyte and De Nil are military autocrats, who believe that the army (In De Nil's case, the Royal navy) should lead the country. Think of South-American style military junta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stratocracy

Before the Revolution, the English Parliament was strongly dominated by Mosley, who, under influence of Van Geyte and De Nil, is much less radical than he was in real life. Mosley functioned as a de facto dictator, with De Nil acting as advisor. The Board of the Admiralty also strongly influenced English politics, and often clashed with the Liberal Conservative government which is now in control with Churchill as head. Thus the Free Fleet rebellion, and the fact that the entire Admiralty opposes the revolution.

In Germany before the revolution, Van geyte instituted Hitler as dictator because he had the support of the population, while a shadow cabinet containing Van Geyte, Von Ribbentrop, Rundtstedt, Rommel, Stauffenberg and other known Reichsfront militants had de facto control over the country. Both the SS and the NSDAP exist in this timeline, because Hitler still held a certain amount of personal power, which grew over time as Van Geyte and his generals left for the Eastern Front, loosening Van Geyte's grip on the regime, as he was focused on winning the war against Russia and Japan.
After Van geyte's takeover is complete, the Wehrmacht for example, will be renamed the Reichswehr.

The entire AAR centers around the conflicting ideas of new and old, where De Nil and Van Geyte represent "old" ideas: Imperial Restoration, reinstatement of the German Empire and Churchill and Hitler "new" ones: Hitler's racial policy and Third Reich ideas, and Churchill his democracy. Our end goal is creating a New World Order in which England and Germany end in a position the US was in after the collapse of the USSR: Great Power status, strong airforce and navy, international cooperation (Oh yes, the United Nations will be making a cameo, albeit slightly modified) and of course, nuclear capability.

And about how Stauffenberg lost his eye: Seriously people, make something up for yourself. He was cutting a birthday cake in '38 when he accidentaly slipped and jammed the knife in his eye. He likes pirates so he wears a patch. end of story. :)

Last edited:
Now that it's already 1943, if you want a nuclear war to happen anytime soon this is what you need to do to make AI countries make nukes (and if everything works, use them).

Code:
Following advice from Gen.Schuermann, you can edit the game files of the vanilla game or any mod to enable nukes:
1. Open up the specific savegame you want to mod.
2. Look for the country to edit, by searching country = {
3. Scroll down, to the part of construction.
4. Look at max_factor = x. Standard is max_factor = 0.020 (this means, afaik, that Ger will use 2% of their total available IC for construction of either IC, AA, Airports, ports, rocket facilities, infra, and finally, nukes. Say, Germany has 300 effective IC. a nuke facility costs 50 IC.
5. Change max_factor = 0.200 (ensure to lower all other infrastructure priorities)
6. Then look for nuclear_reactor = no. Switch no to yes.
7. Next, look for technology. Technology = { is the search entry.
8. There should be a spot "ignore techs". Identify the nuke tech numbers in order to ensure the AI will research them.
Industrial Tech IDs: 5470 5480 5490 5500 5510 5520 5530 5540
Secret Tech IDs: 7170 7180 7190 16010 1602

From HOI2 Wiki

Now that it's already 1943, if you want a nuclear war to happen anytime soon this is what you need to do to make AI countries make nukes (and if everything works, use them).

Code:
Following advice from Gen.Schuermann, you can edit the game files of the vanilla game or any mod to enable nukes:
1. Open up the specific savegame you want to mod.
2. Look for the country to edit, by searching country = {
3. Scroll down, to the part of construction.
4. Look at max_factor = x. Standard is max_factor = 0.020 (this means, afaik, that Ger will use 2% of their total available IC for construction of either IC, AA, Airports, ports, rocket facilities, infra, and finally, nukes. Say, Germany has 300 effective IC. a nuke facility costs 50 IC.
5. Change max_factor = 0.200 (ensure to lower all other infrastructure priorities)
6. Then look for nuclear_reactor = no. Switch no to yes.
7. Next, look for technology. Technology = { is the search entry.
8. There should be a spot "ignore techs". Identify the nuke tech numbers in order to ensure the AI will research them.
Industrial Tech IDs: 5470 5480 5490 5500 5510 5520 5530 5540
Secret Tech IDs: 7170 7180 7190 16010 1602

From HOI2 Wiki

We've got it covered ;). At this rate, I'm expecting nuclear war around '47 (but the aar will probably last well into '49, or even the fifties, so who knows what can happen? :D )

Edit: yup, actually we are now in '46 in the game, and the USA has most of the nuke techs, luckily editing that wasn't so hard :)

Edit2: Also, could someone give me some English alternative for the word 'as', in the sence of event A happens as event B..., to give an indiciation of time? I noticed I'm using it waay to much in the story, so I need synonyms. 'While' won't work, I need something that expresses event B taking place after event A, because event A has occured, if that makes sence to anyone

-Vincent & Laurence

Last edited:
Synonyms:

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/as

Think these are the right ones:

all along, all the while, amid, as, at the same time as, at the time, for the time being, in the course of, in the interim, in the meanwhile, in the middle of, in the time of, meanwhile, mid, midst, over, pending, the time between, the whole time, throughout, until, when, while

Whilst.
:)
That's all I've got.
Stick to the thesaurus idea.
:D

I need something more in the sence of 'during' and 'because'. Sentences like these are very common in the narrative part of the AAR.

"Japanese defenders were swiftly evicted from the city as German panzer divisions broke through the city gates etc etc"

Does anyone know other constructions for these types of sentences?

-Vincent

I need something more in the sence of 'during' and 'because'. Sentences like these are very common in the narrative part of the AAR.

"Japanese defenders were swiftly evicted from the city as German panzer divisions broke through the city gates etc etc"

Does anyone know other constructions for these types of sentences?

-Vincent

whilst

I think whilst is probably the only good alternative, there are others but they can only be used at specific times so try to alternate between whilst and as and it will be fine.

I think whilst is probably the only good alternative, there are others but they can only be used at specific times so try to alternate between whilst and as and it will be fine.

Thanks, I'll try to variate more often ;). Me and Laurence also just dicussed the future of The Channel Pact, and we're glad to inform you that more Channel Pact Weeks are coming. When and how will be dependant on what we plan out, and that is dependant on our free time. After our finals (this month), we should have some more time to post, so expect another CP Week sometimes around July. There will also be 2 planned vacations this summer.

- From the end of July to end of August I'll be out of the country, me and my cousin are travelling through Greece to add that country to our "European Countries where we have partied" - List. It already includes all of Western-Europe, two balkan countries and Egypt. Completing the list is a most fullfilling goal, as it gets you in touch with loads of amazing people. That, and it is generally a cool thing to have partied all around Europe ;)

During that time there will obviously be no community participation as we have it now, and the Channel Pact will enter vacation mode. Basically, this comes down to Laurence handling the updates, there will also be fewer for a month.

- For 1-2 weeks in August, The Channel Pact will be paused as me and Laurence are going on a 9-day hike to Germany and will obviously be far far away from computers (and shaving, a fact which I gratefully embrace, in contrast to Laurence ;) ). There will be no updates during that time, unless we have to return early because walking just destroys my feet :eek:. For some reason, Laurence escapes unscathed every time, yet my feet shed skin like I'm some sort of reptile. We did a 35-km hike from here to Antwerp a week ago, and you really don't want to know what my right little toe looked like after it.

I also have it from good source that Laurence is gathering material to write the next TRP AAR. He hasn't told me much about it, but knowing Laurence it will probably involve some backwards Balkan nation conquering the world with ungodly amounts of panzers and nukes ;)

That's all for now

Edit by Laurence: I agree with everything vincent posted above (except the shaving, no way man, no way) and I would like to add that the next Totally Random Productions AAR will be made mostly by me (maybe some support from Vincent) and that it will be a gameplay-screenshot based AAR.
But more on that later, cheers.

-Vincent & Laurence

Last edited:
Totally Random Productions AAR will be made mostly by me (maybe some support from Vincent) and that it will be a gameplay-screenshot based AAR.
But more on that later, cheers.

-Vincent & Laurence

Do tell, do tell!

About the narrative, you can always split it into two sentences:

The Japanese defenders were swiftly evicted from the city. Meanwhile, German panzer divisions broke through the city gates...

Granted, it's better as one sentence, in my opinion, but this is just an example.

Do tell, do tell!

Sorry, you'll have to wait ;), I'm still in the process of testing it out, to see I can get the game started.

I'll announce it here once I am absolutely sure I want to go through with it.

-Laurence

"Japanese defenders lost swiftly their spirit to continue resistance due to the breakthrough of German panzers at one of the gates" :p

Easier:

"The Germans panzers rolled over the Japanese defenders, who, lost their spirit and their heads (literally), were in no mood the keep fighthing".

Status
Not open for further replies.