• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks awesome. Propably buying it right away on the release. Creating an own kingdom sounds very interesting.

Edit: Do I need original version for Warband?

Looks awesome. Propably buying it right away on the release. Creating an own kingdom sounds very interesting.

Edit: Do I need original version for Warband?

Nope, the Warband Expansion will be stand alone. I believe Armagan said that in an interview somewhere, but I have heard it from multiple sources since.

Nope, the Warband Expansion will be stand alone. I believe Armagan said that in an interview somewhere, but I have heard it from multiple sources since.

Ah, ok. Will it mean that they are going to concentrate on warband for now on and leave the original game aside?

Yes. Once they are done with this, they may begin work on Mount&Blade Two, who knows? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the same type of game only for Roman times, or perhaps make a 1700's FPS or something of the sort.

Yes. Once they are done with this, they may begin work on Mount&Blade Two, who knows? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the same type of game only for Roman times, or perhaps make a 1700's FPS or something of the sort.

Well, that's a pity. I just bought the original and I was about to cancel it but I did not make it. I would have bought the warband rather. On the other hand it's good they have a new project going on. I like the M&B's concept very much.

Well, you can use your m&b serial key to play the warband multiplayer beta if you like. So it's not a complete waste. Download here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,73663.0.html

Besides there are a bunch of great mods for m&b 1.011 that offer just as much fun gameplay as Warband.
It's a big overhaul so it'll be a while before we see the first major mods for Warband.

Preview Resolution Magazine

Resolution Magazine

“There’s no denying the appeal of large-scale medieval combat with friends, either. In that sense, Warband already stands in a field of its own…”

Preview Gamers Daily News

Gamers Daily News

“Mount & Blade Warband, the (and I do not exaggerate) most highly anticipated game according to GDN readers (from the 50,000+ reads on the first interview with TaleWorlds about it) is ready to crest the horizon and bring multiplayer mayhem to the masses.”

“I must say, the game is addictive. The different modes include deathmatch, capture the flag and defend territories.”

Preview Suite 101

Role Playing Video Games Suite 101

"At its current state, Warband seems like a solid position for the games fans, the multiplayer feature promises to bring new fans to the franchise. This indie gem certainly deserves all the attention it can get."

Preview Electronic Theatre

Preview Electronic Theatre

"...with the original Mount & Blade still providing many gamers with an entertaining single-player experience, Mount & Blade: Warband’s multiplayer mode is currently looking like a perfectly enjoyable accompaniment."

I've recently had the opportunity to review Warband: http://www.game-debate.com/articles/index.php?a_id=433&game=Mount and Blade: Warband and have enjoyed it immensely.

Single player is a fresh-feeling evolution of M&B with added features such as a new map, a new faction, morale, and marriage.

Multiplayer is evenly balanced gamewise and alot of fun. Combat techniques will take alot of work and polishing tho' (some people have already become very proficient via Beta, and are very hard to beat!) The usual frustration of multiplayer combat games: lack of player discipline, total lack of basic tactics etc is compounded by no in-game VOIP. Great place for a brawl though...;)

Strategy Informer

Just so everything is kept in its proper place, here's the links for our coverage:

Preview

Interview #1

LIVE Interview (13/4/10)

Review will also be coming tommorow as well. Will post that up when it's live.

big review (+20 min video) on gamersglobal.de (german)

8/10