Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: M&B Warband Previews and Interviews

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Looks awesome. Propably buying it right away on the release. Creating an own kingdom sounds very interesting.

Edit: Do I need original version for Warband?
    "Cum boni nihil faciunt homines, malum praevalet"

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." -

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf the Grey

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

i think so, but don´t take my word for it.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Auray View Post
    Looks awesome. Propably buying it right away on the release. Creating an own kingdom sounds very interesting.

Edit: Do I need original version for Warband?
    Nope, the Warband Expansion will be stand alone. I believe Armagan said that in an interview somewhere, but I have heard it from multiple sources since.

Quote Originally Posted by montfort94 View Post
    Nope, the Warband Expansion will be stand alone. I believe Armagan said that in an interview somewhere, but I have heard it from multiple sources since.
    Ah, ok. Will it mean that they are going to concentrate on warband for now on and leave the original game aside?

"A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it." -

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” -Gandalf the Grey

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of Nations

Yes. Once they are done with this, they may begin work on Mount&Blade Two, who knows? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the same type of game only for Roman times, or perhaps make a 1700's FPS or something of the sort.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

they are alredy working on something called "Fire and Mount" or something similar

No, that's third party developed, I believe. Ogniem something something?

Quote Originally Posted by montfort94 View Post
    Yes. Once they are done with this, they may begin work on Mount&Blade Two, who knows? Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing them do the same type of game only for Roman times, or perhaps make a 1700's FPS or something of the sort.
    Well, that's a pity. I just bought the original and I was about to cancel it but I did not make it. I would have bought the warband rather. On the other hand it's good they have a new project going on. I like the M&B's concept very much.

Well, you can use your m&b serial key to play the warband multiplayer beta if you like. So it's not a complete waste. Download here:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...c,73663.0.html

Besides there are a bunch of great mods for m&b 1.011 that offer just as much fun gameplay as Warband.
    It's a big overhaul so it'll be a while before we see the first major mods for Warband.

High Priestess of Paradox Susana's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    ImpireThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Preview Resolution Magazine

Resolution Magazine

“There’s no denying the appeal of large-scale medieval combat with friends, either. In that sense, Warband already stands in a field of its own…”

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultDiplomacyDungeonlandEast India Company
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses

Preview Gamers Daily News

Gamers Daily News

“Mount & Blade Warband, the (and I do not exaggerate) most highly anticipated game according to GDN readers (from the 50,000+ reads on the first interview with TaleWorlds about it) is ready to crest the horizon and bring multiplayer mayhem to the masses.”

“I must say, the game is addictive. The different modes include deathmatch, capture the flag and defend territories.”

Preview Suite 101

Role Playing Video Games Suite 101

"At its current state, Warband seems like a solid position for the games fans, the multiplayer feature promises to bring new fans to the franchise. This indie gem certainly deserves all the attention it can get."

Preview Electronic Theatre

Preview Electronic Theatre

"...with the original Mount & Blade still providing many gamers with an entertaining single-player experience, Mount & Blade: Warband’s multiplayer mode is currently looking like a perfectly enjoyable accompaniment."

Hearts of Iron III

I've recently had the opportunity to review Warband: http://www.game-debate.com/articles/...433&game=Mount and Blade: Warband and have enjoyed it immensely.

Single player is a fresh-feeling evolution of M&B with added features such as a new map, a new faction, morale, and marriage.

Multiplayer is evenly balanced gamewise and alot of fun. Combat techniques will take alot of work and polishing tho' (some people have already become very proficient via Beta, and are very hard to beat!) The usual frustration of multiplayer combat games: lack of player discipline, total lack of basic tactics etc is compounded by no in-game VOIP. Great place for a brawl though...

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

Strategy Informer

Just so everything is kept in its proper place, here's the links for our coverage:

Preview

Interview #1

LIVE Interview (13/4/10)

Review will also be coming tommorow as well. Will post that up when it's live.

I really liked that interview. However, where the heck did that picture of Cem come from?

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Didn't post it here yet but here's my review of M&B Warband.

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

LIVE Interview was a succes Thanks to everyone who came and watched.

Here's our Review.

8.5/10

Hearts of Iron III

I enjoyed your review Singleton Mosby. I changed my couching key from "X" to middle mouse button in "Controls" as I was having the same issues you described.

big review (+20 min video) on gamersglobal.de (german)

8/10
    Man´s unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes in the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist.
    -Prokhor Zakharov

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast