• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very cool! :cool:

Wohoh!

Looks nice. Although if it was ingame footage does not bode well for the physics model. Did you catch the set of the sail and those of the ship in the lower right-hand of the frame at about 1:23. Both appear to be sailing downwind in opposite directions.

Did anyone notice anything funny about the mouth of that cannon? :eek:o Rifling was not used until breach loading guns were developed. Takes a lot more work to push a ball down a rifled barrel than a smooth-bore. Least it does on my flintlock. I imagine it would be a lot harder on larger caliber weapons.

Still excited about the game.
Greg.

Looks nice. Although if it was ingame footage does not bode well for the physics model. Did you catch the set of the sail and those of the ship in the lower right-hand of the frame at about 1:23. Both appear to be sailing downwind in opposite directions.

Yeah, that doesn't look too good. Perhaps it is not in game footage, or the animation isn't finished.

Did anyone notice anything funny about the mouth of that cannon? :eek:o Rifling was not used until breach loading guns were developed. Takes a lot more work to push a ball down a rifled barrel than a smooth-bore. Least it does on my flintlock. I imagine it would be a lot harder on larger caliber weapons.

Still excited about the game.
Greg.

I doubt any game in the world models the the inside of a gun to show it's rifling or not. :confused:

I am not very impressed. There should have been some gameplay.
Most early trailers released by games are CG/concept stuff. Once the game starts being finished, the real stuff is ready to be presente in trailers.

Most early trailers released by games are CG/concept stuff. Once the game starts being finished, the real stuff is ready to be presente in trailers.

That is our point. Before being picked up by Paradox the game had a scheduled release date of Q1-09. The game has been in development for nearly 4 years.:eek:

Previous trailers did show actual game play so it is a little disappointing that Paradox & Nitro released what appears to be CG/concept.

Greg.