van Helsing is holding an retirement party. You're invited! And yes, there will be cake!
van Helsing is retiring after a lifetime fighting Werewolfs, Vampires, the IRS and other beings of pure evil. He is ending it all with a big party in his remote castle at the end of the world. Invited to celibrate this happy occasion with him is all the people he has met in a lifetime of travels and fighting evil. The party includes both powerful heroes and humble villagers. But some guest are not what they seem. For the lifelong enemies of van Helnsing, the Werewolfs and Vampires, have attacked some guest before they arrived at the castle and taken their places. They have come to kill van Helsing and all of his friends and burn the castle to the ground.
The color Orange means:
This is importment! So read it!
The color Lime means:
Change of last time/usual rules/roles. Usually in the form of small changes that might otherwise be missed.
The color Yellow means:
This is a change to the rules/roles/traits made after this post was made. Does not include the revelation of roles/traits nor minor stuff like spelling.
§1. You sign up for the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1a. No new players will be admitted into the game once it has started, unless they are replacing an existing player who is unable to play anymore.
§1b. You are responsible for keeping your private message inbox empty enough to receive private messages. You are responsible for any messages missed due to your inbox being full.
§1c. If you are not going to be able to play, announce it as soon as possible
. Failure to do so will make you blacklisted, marking you as an unreliable player that won't be given a special role in the next Werewolf game you are participating in; special roles require reliable
§1d. Multiple blacklistings may result in you being banned from ever participating again.
§2. The game is split in two phases, night and day. The bad guys hunt during the night and the villagers vote to lynch during the day.
§2a. Orders must be submitted to the Game Moderator before the deadline.
§2b. Lynchings are done by public voting. Whoever gets the most votes before the deadline is lynched. Correct voting is done by typing VOTE [INSERT NAME]
letters at the end of the message
§2c. The deadline is 21:00 CET
§2d. A repeated inability or refusal to vote before the deadline results in REPLACEMENT, as well as being noted for future EXCLUSION from the game, UNLESS you provide a warning.
§2e. Forged Private Messages (PMs) are allowed. Screenshots of PMs are not.
§2f. PMs from the GM are not to be made public or sent to anyone else save its original target unless explicit permission is given from the GM:
§3. SPECTATORS AND GHOSTS MAY HAUNT, TAUNT AND FLAUNT, BUT NEVER REVEAL ANY INFORMATION (COMPILATION INCLUDED).
§3a. ANYONE CAUGHT REVEALING SECRET/INSIDE INFORMATION WILL BE *PERMANENTLY* BANNED FROM PARTICIPATION. NO EXCUSES ARE VALID.
§3b. When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.
§4. The good guys win when all evildoers are dead. The evildoers win when they eliminate the other evil packs and
the evil villagers equal or outnumber the good ones. Neutral players win if they are alive in the end and have fulfilled their special win objectives. They can help the baddies get parity if they are in contact with them.
§5. The abilities of the special roles override these rules in case there is any conflict.
§5a. Nightly orders are handled in the following order:
2. Protection orders
3. Scan Orders
4. Hunt Orders.
But only the specific order will be known to the GM.
§6. The Game Moderator is always right.
§6a. If the GM is wrong, §6 will be applied..
§7. Don't trust anyone!
The GM decides how many there are to be of each role and then hands them out before the game starts. The following is a list of roles and traits that may be in the game. It is not a complete list, if a player has a role/trait that is not on this list then he will receive the information about the it in his role PM. There will be no roles that are nearly the same as the ones on the list, but slightly different. Eg, there won't be a seer2 role.
Trust no one.
- Villager: Good. Has no special abilities or powers
- van Helsing: Good. Will use his awesome power to bake cake to help the goodie cause. He will scan as evil to any good or neutral scanner..
- Seer: Good. He is skilled at seeing things. Each night he can look on a player and see if he is a werewolf, vampire or has an aura of pure good.
- Priest: Good. He has a healthy dose of divine connections, each night he can ask for divine direction regarding any player of his choice. This will reveal whether this player is a cultist, a (high)sorceror or has an Aura of pure good.
- Werewolf ( wolf ): Evil. Hunts people at night.
- Vampire ( wolf ): Evil. Hunts people at night. Almost like werewolf, but there are some differences between the two.
- Cultist: A cultist eager to further the goals of his evil masters. A cultist will be either free-ranging or pack-specific. A pack specific cannot change his affiliations, but a free-ranging can. Any cultist in contact with a baddie pack will help them get parity. If all werewolfs/vampires in a pack is exterminated, then a cultist will be promoted.
- High-Sorceror : Evil. Has all the normal abilities of a Sorceror. But may choose not to use the normal abilities, and instead put a curse on a player. This will make this player cursed. A curse cannot be put on certain roles, but only the high-sorceror will know what roles these are. If he chooses to curse someone, then he will be unable to send in a order the following day. He can still vote, use traits and other stuff just not his (high) sorceror powers.
- Monster-Hunter (hunter): Good. A hero in the art of slaying werewolfs and other monsters. If he is attacked at night by a werewolf pack, then he will be able to slay one of his attackers before dying. He won't have any defense against a vampire attack. Furthermore, he may choose to attack one player during the game. If he doesn't kill a werewolf or someone associated with the werewolfs (pack-specific cultist or sorceror) then he will be horrified at what he has done and commit suicide. Using this power won't remove his protection.
- Dean (hunter): Good. A true believer and able banisher of vampires and undead beings. If he is attacked at night by a vampire pack, then he will be able to slay one of his attackers before dying. He won't have any defense against a werewolf attack. Furthermore, he may choose to attack one player during the game. If he doesn't kill a vampire or someone associated with the vampiress (pack-specific cultist or sorceror) then he will be horrified at what he has done and commit suicide. Using this power won't remove his protection.
- Sorceror: Evil. Pack-specific. When all vampires and cultist in a pack has died, the sorceror will be promoted to vampire. Can scan for the following things. Seer, Priest, Dean, Monster-hunter & Aura of pure good. Furhtermore he can scramble scans. This will allow him to dictate the scan results of another scanner.
- Apprentice Good. The player will not be aware he has this trait. Once scanned he will get the role [Scanners]ś Apprentice, and once his master dies he will gain the role his master had. If he is scanned by a sorceror then he will swap his allegience and become evil. A scanners apprentice will count for parity.
- Brother Good. These two players will know each other from the start of the game and know that both are good and uncursed. While both live they have the power of brotherly love, which will stop the first hunt on either of them. The second attack will be fatal as usual.
- Doctor Good. This player is skilled in the art of medicin and can send in a protect order every night. If that player is targeted, then the doctor will rush to see if he can cure him from the numerous wounds. The player will hover on deaths door for the next 24 hours at which point there will be a 50% chance he recovers from the wounds. There is no chance of saving himself from an attak
- ??? : ???
The following are TRAITS and can be had in addition to the above roles:
- Aura of pure good: The goodness of this player is strong and undeniable. Anyone who has this trait cannot be evil nor cursed, but the trait will be lost if the player is scanned by a goodie scanner.
- Cursed: A player who is cursed will not be killed if he is hunted at night, instead he will join his attackers as another werewolf/vampire.
- Blessed This player is a very lucky person. Should he be attacked at night, then this trait will protect him from a single attack due to sheer and pure luck. The attack(ers) will be aware what happened. The player won't know he is blessed until he is attacked.
- Seerish Powers: This player have some talent in seeing the future. Hardly enough to become a seer, or anything close to it. But enough to give him one fully functioning seer scan during the span of the game. This will reveal if that player is a werewolf, vampire or has an aura of pure good. The power cannot be used until on the thrid night.
- Priestly Powers: This player have some divine talent. Hardly enough to become a ptirdy, or anyting close to it. But enough to give him one fully functioning priest scan during the span of the game. This will reveal if that player is a cultist, (high)sorceror or has an aura of pure good. The power cannot be used until on the thrid night.
- Witness: Once during the game this player may attempt to see (one of) the hunt that happen(s) during the night. He will have a 10% chance on the very first night. Every night thereafter will increase this chance by another 10%
- Spiritually attuned If this player is scanned, then he will know so with 100% certainty. He will also have a 90% chance of guessing who the scanner is as well as a 10% chance of finding out his role.
- the power to move the moon: Trait. Using this power will move the moon and thus the hunt cycles, so that the pack that hunted on the night this trait was used will hunt again the following night. The other pack will not be notificed this trait has been used until after the following night.
- See the true nature of people: This trait will allow the player to send in a scan order every night. This will reveal whether that player has one of the following traits Apprentice, Blessed, Witness, Brutal, Garlic-Lover, Spiritually attuned & Aura of pure good.
- Garlic-Lover: This player loves garlic. He really love garlic and eat it all the time. In fact his blood contain so much garlic that it will be poison to any vampire trying to feast on it. Any vampire hunt on a garlic-lover will leave one vampire dead and the garlic lover unharmed. He will not be aware that he has this trait "what, don't everbody love garlic?". The garlic-lover cannot be a vampire, nor aligned to the vampire faction. The vampires will get the name of all the garlic-lovers at the beginning of the game.
- Skilled Killer You are trained in the ancient art of ripping people to shreads. Once during the game on your hunt night, you may choose to use this power. This will let you conduct a hunt all on your own in addition to you packs hunt. All the usual rules apply. Note, if a player is protected then this will only protect from one hunt on a night. Offcourse a player can have multiple layers of protection. But this is worth remembering.
- ??? : ???
GM: White Daimon