• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Beekmans

Lurker first class
10 Badges
Feb 14, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I have a question. I cannot give my transport plane orders to do an airborne assault. I loaded my paratroopers on my planes and right-clicked my target (and even ctrl+right clicked), but all it says is "none". As you can see in the screenshot, the weather is clear and the target (Anzio) is in range.

My planes do not have much org, but even without org I should be able to give them a mission. They would just not execute it. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

ScreenSave20.jpg

You need full org for the airborne assault option. Really annoying, I know. Also: while you wait your paratroopers are starving in the planes.

Ok, thanks. I will let them die before I do the assault :wacko:.

Should I be researching techs so that their max org level is large or not? Because if their max org level is low, it will take less time to reach full org.

Your planes have to have full ORG then..... like 20/20

In fact, even an ORG bar which looks absolutely full and says 20/20 is not quite enough, because it might really be 19.997/20 (rounded up in the interface).

What you need is for the mouse-over tool-tip to say: "Daily ORG Regain : 0.00"

THAT means that they have reached full ORG and will now conduct the mission without any argument.

Ah, ok, thanks everyone. But should I research better models so that I have higher max org or not? I don't have to worry about being shot down, because I have absolute air superiority.

Ah, ok, thanks everyone. But should I research better models so that I have higher max org or not? I don't have to worry about being shot down, because I have absolute air superiority.

The more advanced levels are cheaper, that is a good reason to research them, I think they will regain org at the same rate, IIRC it is a function of moral and max org.

IIRC it is a function of moral and max org.
That's my understanding, yes. The higher your max-ORG, the more ORG-points you regain per day. Not sure if it scales 1-to-1, though.

Also better airport = better org regain. In real life you didn't launch large scale airborne assault operations from somewhere in countryside with just paved dirt to take off and land.

With Arma (I think), Strat/Tra doctrines only increase Morale, no longer Org and Morale. Researching those doctrines will let your Tra planes reorg in hours.