+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the World?

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries

Timelines: What if Stauffenberg had failed to save the World?

Foreword

Here I am, starting another AAR and going through that uncanny feeling when one faces an empty post, knowing the message that one wants to transmit but unable to write it down.

Great, isn't it?

This AAR is, somehow, something I would call a kind of exorcism and, by all means, a way of entertainment. It is not intended neither to explain any mistery lost in the midst of the history of the twentieth century nor to redeem neither some unredeemable beings nor some ideologies - I'm not a miracle-maker. Even if I were that, I wouldn't be willing to do such a miracle. My purpose it's neither to describe any present day moment nor to mourn something that it's dead and gone for good. My intention is just to play with an idea that has been bothering me since a few years ago and with a saying that I was told once. Thus, with this primary mission in mind this AAR is born.

And to achieve that, I'm going to place all the action in a parallel universe with some connections and similarities to ours but not too many. I'm doing that just to be sure that if depict anything close to history or anyone closer to a present or past well known politician, militar leader or whatever, is just sheer coincidence. So to speak, this AAR is not meant to be particularly historical or give an extrapolation of (present or past) history so please forgive any gaps, manipulation or misinterpretations herein .

I must add that this new AAR is an homage to one of the finest AAR ever written, Timelines (and its shower scenes, of course), by my good old brothAAR Canonized, an AAR that's always given me a lot of pleasure (and headaches) and has always been something of an influence (positive, of course). It is going to be, too, if God gives me enough strenght and perseverance, an homage to the many AARs I've read and enjoyed (just to mention a few ones, let's say Alexander Primus, Allenby, my beloved lady General Amona, Atlantic Friend, Cthulhu, El Pip, Gaiasabre11, Haardrade, Karelian, Le Jones, Myth, Remble, Robw963, TheHyphenated1, The Yogi, TreizeV, and Trekaddict and many more -1- ). With such variety of readings, it goes without sayinig that this AAR is going to have some surprises in it.

I was going to refrain myself a bit and just run two sets of Timelines, one set in the "past" and the other in the "present" of that alternate world. However, I will add a third set, which will take place in the "past" of the "past" tense, just for literary needs of the AAR. You'll learn, bit by bit, the reason of this election.

Let me mention that I'll do, depending on the situation and the help of the Muses, a combination of history book and narrative style. So God help me.

I hope you enjoy it.

First set - The Failure of a Revolution.
    Nation: Germany (1944-...)
    Game: HOI 2 Armageddon (1936 - The Road to War ...but from 1944 onwards).
    Mod: ARS Bellica by Mordred (It's a Spanish mod that we are busy now translating into English) with some home-made modifications on the flags and the governments of some countries (to adecuate it to the story of this set, mainly).

Second set - The Failure of a Republic
    Nation: Germany (2004-...)
    Game: HOI 2 DD
    Mod: Modern Day Scenario II

Third set - The Brown Bolshevik.
    Nation: Germany (1936 - ...)
    Game: HOI 2 DD (1936 - The Road to War).
    Mod: Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg.

I know. I have some kind of Germanobsession, indeed.

Summary of the Chapters

Chapter 1 - November, 15th 2003
    Chapter 2 - November, 16th 2003 / July 2th, 1944
    Chapter 3 - November 18th 2003 / August 9th, 1921 / July 2th, 1944
    Chapter 4 - August 16th, 1921 / November 22th, 2003 / July 5th, 1944
    Chapter 5 - January 1st, 1922 / Berlin, July 5th, 1944 / Interlude / Berlin, November 2003
    Chapter 6 - London, Union of Britain July 20th, 1944 / Berlin, July 23th, 1944 / Interlude / Berlin, November 2003
    Chapter 7 -Berlin, June 28th, 1922 / Berlin, July 25th, 1944 / Interlude
    Chapter 8 - Berlin, 22h November, 2003 / Interlude
    Chapter 9 - Berlin, August 1st, 1944 / Germany, 1922-25 / Interlude
    Chapter 10 - Ottawa, August 5th, 1944 / Berlin, 29th November, 2003 / Interlude
    Chapter 11 - Berlin, early June, 1925 / Berlin, August 7th, 1944 / Interlude
    Chapter 12 - Berlin, 30th November, 2003 / In a castle, 90 miles south of Berlin, August 12th, 1944 / Interlude
    Chapter 13 - Berlin, 1st July, 1925 / Berlin, 5th December, 2003
    Chapter 14 - London, August 15th, 1944 / Berlin, 18th July, 1929
    Chapter 15 - Berlin, 28 December, 2003 / Interlude / Berlin, 28 December, 2003
    Chapter 16 - Berlin, 1st January, 2004 / Berlin, August 20th, 1944
    Chapter 17 - Berlin, September 1th, 1944
    Chapter 18 - Berlin, September 1th, 1944
    Bonus to Chapter 18- Berlin, January 2th, 2004
    Small update about Slovenia
    Chapter 19 - In a castle, 90 miles south of Berlin, August 25th, 1944 / Berlin, 18th July, 1929 / Berlin, January 2th, 2004
    Chapter 20 - Berlin, January 2th, 2004
    Bonus to Chapter 20 - Berlin, January 2th, 2004
    Chapter 21 - Postdam, March 21st, 1945 / Postdam, March 21st, 2004 / Postdam, March 21st, 1936
    Chapter 22 - Germany, late March, 2004
    Chapter 23 - Germany, early April, 2004
    Chapter 24 - Montreal, November 20th, 1947 / Berlin, February 3rd, 1936 / Duckie's office
    Chapter 25 - Berlin, early December, 1947 / Europe, Late March, 1936

-1- "Just a few", he said, the bastard... (Peti Niebla's dixit)
    Last edited by Kurt_Steiner; 06-09-2009 at 17:35.
    Fan número uno de Ailee para el resto de la eternidad y un poco más.
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (6) [Actualizado 28/07/2014]

Blog Entries
    Second set - The Failure of a Republic.

Chapter 1.

Berlin, 15th November, 2003

The roar the guns firing against the Reichstag to cover the advance of the tanks towards the building rose to defeaning scream, as if the whole Walhala was shouting at the same time. Günther could saw the dark hole of the Syndicalist tank and then will come the thunder of the tank that would end...

-Fräulein Klausing! Day-dreaming again!

... but no. It was not the tank but something worse. It was Herr Schumacher, her history teacher. Sighing without hope, Katherine prepared for something worse than facing a Syndicalist heavy tank.

A few minutes later, in Herr Schumacher’s office.

The young woman was facing the anger of professor who had caught her lost in her mental wandering instead of paying atention to the history lesson. It was not, not at all, that she was uninterested on history, on the contrary, but that part of Germany's 20th century bored her to sobs. She was more interested in what may had happened that about what had really taken place. She wrote a mental note, to remind herself not to forget to explain his last lesbo fantasy to his good old male friend Kaiserduck ("hell, what's the problem with men? Are they unable to think a good nick? Shit, if males would menstruate, all religions of the world would center on human blood and the cycle of the moon") when they would met on the 'net, later, on the dark hours of the night. Mmmh, she thought, that it's a good point. Then the anger of her teacher reached her hears, breaking the magic spell. "So typical of a male", she thought. "Always shouting their messages instead of making them a bit more coherent".

A few minutes later she was sitting on the library, in front of her laptop and with a pile of halfwritten-notes, books and CDs on the sides. She should had admitted that she was in a fool mod and she should had left writting his final paper for a better moment. Alàs, she was, after all, a bit stubborn. She attended the Gymnasium Conradinum, the former Karl-Marx People's Polytechnical School, in Berlin. Under the Kaiser it had had another name, but she didn't remember it. After all, she was born in 1984, forty years after the Second German Empire came to its end. It must be added that she wasn't the usual German fräulein -she was better than that, actually- of those times, always worried about boys (well, girls in her case), clothes and parties. She had developed, since her early childhood, a taste for day-dreaming. That, along with her passion for history, had led her to create her own alternative universe. To make her illness still worse, she had become addicted to Eisernes Herzen II, a strategy game developed by an Austrian company called Paragon Interactive. Now she was going to write her paper.

She wrote the title and smiled to herself:

“What if von Stauffenberg had Failed to Save the World?”

Amused, she visualized the face of her teacher reading as he read her paper. Feeling awfully good, she began to write its main thesis:

“Had Kaiser Wilhelm III been obliged to abdicate from his throne on June 20, 1944, it is quite possible that Germany would have been spared of the horrors of the following eleven months of war and the almost 50 years of Syndicalist rule. The aim of my study is to show how this could have been achieved.

Bearing in mind the previous studies like Lorena Braudy, who considers that the Conspiracy of June 20, 1944, was “suffused by the imaginery of the chivalric”, which “collided with the brute force of machinery” (Braudy 2003 : 375), I will analyze how, had Stauffenberg and his companions had attempted a more realistic approach to solve the problem of forcing the issue of the abdication, it is quite possible that the Syndicalist wave would have been contained in the Rhin defensive line. I will analyze how chivalric attitudes were still present in Stauffenberg’s vision of the Kaiserreich society, not only in its moral aspect, but also in how economy affects its structure and the relations between each level of the German society. ”

Smiling (no, not smiling but grinning in delight), she began to write in earnest. She was so deep in her writtings that she didn’t realized of an email send by Kaiserduck.

“Ashexee, are you there?”

When she realized Kaiserduck’s email, she couldn’t help but to think: “let me guess, dear ducky... another AAR, isn’t it? What are you doing this time? Alien invaders landing at Tunguska? Not, that’s already done... ”
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.

WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (6) [Actualizado 28/07/2014]

This is Bad Ass Kurt, I'll be looking forward to reading this. I think you've captured the feeling of Timelines perfectly in the first post with the whole classroom day-dream sequence.

Now, how will the timepiece play into this story I wonder. I notice that there is no mention of the Nazi party in this alternate timeline. I'm very curious to see how this alternate set of events plays out.

I also had a chuckle with the Schumacher name, thoughts of Batman and Robin
    Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can? - Sun Tzu

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    "Paragon Interactive" -

Kurt/Peti you are crazy. There are so many references I think I shall faint...I hope it isn't all like this or I am going to spend the rest of my life in the hospital
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Haha I love it so far , Kurt ! You have no idea how honoured I am XD I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out Good luck , hermano !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

My only regret is being only the third commenter! I know this shall be a truly enjoyable read, my friend. Don't forget to throw in a few shower scenes yourself .
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Resauce biased economist Beladriel's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oohh, Stauffenberg, most intresting person in Nazi era of Germany. Awesome!
    "And the people had increased so exceedingly that the fields and forests were no longer sufficient to provide for them... and so these men departed, forsaking what was meagre in search of what was plentiful. Nor were they content, as are so many who go out into the world, to serve others; but, like the knights of old, they determined that all men should be subject to them, acknowledging them as overlords. And so they took up arms, and broke the bonds of peace, and did great deeds of war and chivalry." - Amaratus

"Unbelievers want Christians to act like Christians, because they raise such a huge fuss about acting like Christians." - How to passive-aggressively reply to other people's signatures, me

"What kind of human you are, amına koduğum?" - Burak Erdoğan, Prince Imperial

My AAR: [GOT] A Feast for Crows - A History of House Ghilebon [on hold until my finals come and pass]

Quote Originally Posted by TheHyphenated1 View Post
    My only regret is being only the third commenter! I know this shall be a truly enjoyable read, my friend. Don't forget to throw in a few shower scenes yourself .
    You mean fourth.

I haven't read canonized's original Timelines, but I suppose I should. I'll be keeping up with this one as well- looks very complicated and very interesting.

Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    The honor is mine! I subscribe!
    Currently working on: The Decline and Fall of Roman Civilization (EUIV) 3x AwAARds & In the Footsteps of Rome: A History of Europe in Late Antiquity (CKII)
    Volume List for Decline & Fall: Preface | Volume 1 | Volume 2 | Volume 3 (planned)
    Newest AAR: The House of Habsburg In the Age of Empire (EUIV)
    Completed AAR(s):
    The Presidents: Clay to Smith (1836-1920) (History Book, 57 pages, my magnum opus), 7x AwAARd winner.
    Saints and Angels: An Epic of the American Civil War, (Narrative, 22 pages), 6x AwAARd winner.
    My Inkwell! (2 more completed AARs, 5 failed adventures, and brief bio!) | Slow Update Status: The Presidents: Redux
    My AwAARds: 7x ACA AwAARd recipient (6x 1st Favorite), 4x Character WritAAR of the Week, 3x WritAAR of the Week, 3x Showcase, Fan of the week 1/03/09 & 9/02/14 (Full List in Inkewll)
    I am a historian, philosopher, and research economist (BA in those 3 subjects) | "The Church is the foundation and pillar of truth" (1 Tm. 3:15) - ex-Protestant convert to Catholicism.
    The Paradox Historiography Society, a group for historians to discuss theories of history and historical work, and for those interested in the actual professional.

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    Oh, I think I'm going to like this...
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Here I am, starting another AAR and going through that uncanny feeling when one faces an empty post, knowing the message that one wants to transmit but unable to write it down.
    Lucky you, sometimes I don't even have that message until I write it down at the very last moment

Quote Originally Posted by dublish View Post
    You mean fourth.

I haven't read canonized's original Timelines, but I suppose I should. I'll be keeping up with this one as well- looks very complicated and very interesting.
    True enough. canonized slipped in while I was typing.
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

Although I should ask what happened to the last AAR, it is not bad to see you do some excellent writing anyway. Waiting to see more updates.
    When we created Artificial Intelligence, we also created Artificial Stupidity. - Gaia commenting on robots.
    Proud member of shipbucket, and my own gaiabucket

French Mod 1914 Alternate History AAR (1897- ?) Les Flammes des Ténèbres
    Les Flammes des Ténèbres: Saints et Démons - Part I completed

Character WritAAR of the Week: 26/10/08, 10/04/09
    WritAAR of the Week: 04/01/09

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    This looks veery interesting! Suscribed!

Since I'm an impatient bugger with not enough self-discipline to wait for an explanation in upcoming updates I'm going to have to ask;

Did Stauffenberg save the world in your 2003 timeline or not? I ask because your student titles her work "What if Stauffenberg failed to save the world" and then goes on to sketch up a what if scenario in which he succeeded - implying that he did fail in the history of her timeline.

Or did I get it wrong?
    4x WritAAR of the week, Best Character Writer of the Week (for Fu Manchu), June 28th 2006
    Where the Iron Crosses grow (Completed) PDF OscAAR for Best Completed HOI AAR
    Master Plan of Fu Manchu (Completed) PDF
    Empire of Fu Manchu (In progress) PDF x1 Weekly AAR Showcase, AARland Choice AwAARds;Fav.HOI1/2 AAR & Fav.HOI1/2 Narrative,Q2 2006 & Q3 2007
    The Eagle and the Lion (On hold) Golden Readers Choice HOI2 AwAARd, AARland Choice AwAARds-Favourite HOI1/2 AAR, 2005 Q4 and 2006 Q1
    Knights of the Western Empire (On Hold)
    The III Reich in World War III (In progress)

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Argh, the picture in the intro-post, it burns.

Good luck though.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 04/27/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry - Now with added obscure Doctor Who references - Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TreizeV View Post
    This is Bad Ass Kurt, I'll be looking forward to reading this. I think you've captured the feeling of Timelines perfectly in the first post with the whole classroom day-dream sequence.

Now, how will the timepiece play into this story I wonder. I notice that there is no mention of the Nazi party in this alternate timeline. I'm very curious to see how this alternate set of events plays out.

I also had a chuckle with the Schumacher name, thoughts of Batman and Robin
    Glad to know it. I didn't want to make just a copy, but get something of the mood of Timelines in this AAR and make some kind of homage to Canonized's huge work. You'll see a bit more about it

The role of the timepiece... as the story goes on, you'll see its role...

The Nazis, of course, are bound to appear. They are the best baddies one can find, so... In due course, they'll say "heil!".

About Batman and Robin... I had too much with Canonized's shower secenes...

Quote Originally Posted by comagoosie View Post
    "Paragon Interactive" -

Kurt/Peti you are crazy. There are so many references I think I shall faint...I hope it isn't all like this or I am going to spend the rest of my life in the hospital
    "Paragon"... indeed, my brain sometimes surprises me. Peti is surprised, too... BTW...

Not so many references, not so many. Just a bit... Relax and take it easy. It's written by me, so it will be easy to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by canonized View Post
    Haha I love it so far , Kurt ! You have no idea how honoured I am XD I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out Good luck , hermano !
    If you (or anyone else) hated it so far, I'll be really worried!!!!

I knew it... I knew it...

Quote Originally Posted by Beladriel View Post
    Oohh, Stauffenberg, most intresting person in Nazi era of Germany. Awesome!
    Absolutely agree. Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by dublish View Post
    You mean fourth.

Booooh!!!! Hurry! There are just 300,000 pages to read!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by volksmarschall View Post
    The honor is mine! I subscribe!
    Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by demokratickid View Post
    Oh, I think I'm going to like this...
    I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by DvD-IT View Post
    Lucky you, sometimes I don't even have that message until I write it down at the very last moment

You got me, sir!

True enough. canonized slipped in while I was typing.
    Let's burn the heretic!

Quote Originally Posted by gaiasabre11 View Post
    Although I should ask what happened to the last AAR, it is not bad to see you do some excellent writing anyway. Waiting to see more updates.
    It's still going on, don't worry. I'll alternate between all of my on-going AARs. But, as it happened with the "Ab Urbe", I couldn't wait for more to put this out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yogi View Post
    This looks veery interesting! Suscribed!

Since I'm an impatient bugger with not enough self-discipline to wait for an explanation in upcoming updates I'm going to have to ask;

Did Stauffenberg save the world in your 2003 timeline or not? I ask because your student titles her work "What if Stauffenberg failed to save the world" and then goes on to sketch up a what if scenario in which he succeeded - implying that he did fail in the history of her timeline.

Or did I get it wrong?
    Oh, young impatient padawan... You got it, indeed.

As the history books see it, Stauffenberg did save the world by ending the war -as I will show in future chapters-, but, according to my sweet Katherine, he did not, as it had as a consequence the Syndicalist victory over Germany -which, after all, was bound to happen, anyway, as the situation was quite similar to OTL 1944- and the Syndie dominion over Europe.

She is going to write what she thinks it may had happened, had things developed the other way round...

Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict View Post
    Argh, the picture in the intro-post, it burns.

Good luck though.
    Thank you, Trekkie! I see you are "very much in love" with Tom...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour

So far so good. I have tried reading Canonized's monster of an AAR, but I don't have the willpower to go through all 311 pages! Lucky for me, I can start at the beginning with this one.

Another thing, I hope to god that Klausing doesn't have to watch Batman and Robin in Schumacher’s office.

Your Friendly Dictator Grubnessul's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Banished to the 8th circle of Hell after mentioning rule 34 to Canonized
    o.O

This is madness!
    "History is form of cybersex!"
    EvilSanta
    "Please, call me Grubby"
    - General Schenkhuizen, Timeslines: What if Spain failed to control the world?
    There might be Vikings out there! Or: How I accidentally traded my wife for a halibut (pining for the Fjords since I lost my USB and the save game)

Patriotism leads to nationalism, nationalism leads to racism, racism leads to suffering...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Blog Entries
    So is this a Kaiserreich AAR?

Anyway, it looks interesting; the intro certainly captured my interest.
    I am therefore officially rooting for a Franco-German strike on Russia, prompting the Soviets to strike back with their hitherto secret nukes. This will serve as a salutary lesson to all involved and leave everyone suitably chastened.-El Pip

Great War: The American Front: Can the United States defeat Britain and its Confederate Lackeys? Or will the CSA defend its freedom against the Yankee Menace?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Rise of PrussiaEU Rome Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

945 (EU3, Michigan) in between palm and ring finger
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubnessul View Post
    o.O

This is madness!
    No! This is Timelines

Anyways, it is certainly interesting how Katherine and history have conflicting ideas. The only way to settle this without a fight is...what does Peti think. Did Stauffenberg save the world?
    EU3 Save Suite - your one stop shop for everything related to EU3 savegames.

I want you to contribute to great tools developed for Paradox. See this thread. Help with the parsing or with creating an EU4 Savegame editor

Think you're the best EU3 player? Check out the EU3 Hall of Fame
    Dealt: A polish colonel deals his last hand
    The Swiss Account: The average documentation of the stereotypical Swiss.
    "Cheese ages better than women but money is forever." - Davout
    EU3 Hurt and Heal Archive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast