• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So nobody else ran into the problem with the programmable mouse?

I got a MS Comfort Optical 3000 mouse when I was running a Win XP machine, and it worked well, but with PI games it was a bit jumpy. It would stick and then jump ahead a bit.

When I got my Vista machine, the software with the mouse would not allow wheel mouse zoom or scroll menus, and the pointer would stick and jump everywhere. Once I switched to the generic windows mouse software, the issues ended, but that means no programmable mouse buttons.

The problems became endemic once I got Vista, but its not a Vista problem. Its the PI games - they can't handle this programmable mouse. And no, the solution isn't "go buy a new mouse."

So compatibility is an issue with PI games.

So nobody else ran into the problem with the programmable mouse?

I got a MS Comfort Optical 3000 mouse when I was running a Win XP machine, and it worked well, but with PI games it was a bit jumpy. It would stick and then jump ahead a bit.

When I got my Vista machine, the software with the mouse would not allow wheel mouse zoom or scroll menus, and the pointer would stick and jump everywhere. Once I switched to the generic windows mouse software, the issues ended, but that means no programmable mouse buttons.

The problems became endemic once I got Vista, but its not a Vista problem. Its the PI games - they can't handle this programmable mouse. And no, the solution isn't "go buy a new mouse."

So compatibility is an issue with PI games.
Most games require you to turn off any fancy mouse software.

Actually, the fancy mouse software is meant to be used by most games - thus they make fancy mouse software.

I ran alot of games with the mouse software, but I had to uninstall it because of PI games, namely HoI2 and EU3. That also indicates where my heart is: fancy mouse software gone, PI games in.

Again: is there no one else having problems? Did anyone find a real work-around?