• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I imagine it will be. Most Windows 'updates' (which really Vista should not be considered as) allow for you to play games aimed at previous versions.
Plus, unlike when EU3 came out Vista is now around and Paradox knows it's quirks, so they can take it into account when making the game. Most of the problems EU3 has had vith Vista (not that I've experienced any problems myself) are due to Windows making stupid design decisions with Vista, that Paradox couldn't possibly have forseen before it came out.

Most likely.

In EU3, you need to copy one of the DX9 .dlls in order to play the game in Vista. No biggie. ;)

I didn't need to do anything to be able to play EU3 with my 64 bit Vista besides install the game.

I didn't need to do anything to be able to play EU3 with my 64 bit Vista besides install the game.

Not everyone has to, but in the EU3 forums there literally a billion threads that go like this:

OP: "Please help, I just bought the game, and it says "d3dx9_35.dll cannot be found" and the game refuses to start".
Guy1/Mod: "Register your game and you will able to see the solution in the tech support forums"
OP: "Thanks I will"
Guy2: "Or you could just download the dll file and copy it into your system folder."
Guy3: "This problem is caused by having DX10, which doesn't have the file (DX9 has)"
Guy4: *Random bashing of Microsoft/Vista/DX*

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397217 <-- here's the latest.

What I can't understand is people unable, or more so unwilling, to fiddle around with their computer and try and fix the problem themselves. If you are missing a nail you go out and get one. If you are missing a .dll you go out and download either the .dll on the raw or a program associated with it (DX9).

I mean the worst thing that could happen is, well apart from your monitor blowing up or the OS refusing the start, that some other programs refuse to work. That's just a risk you need to take. Darnit! :mad:

:D

The bigger question is if HoI3 will be compatible with Windows 7. :p

Not everyone has to, but in the EU3 forums there literally a billion threads that go like this:

OP: "Please help, I just bought the game, and it says "d3dx9_35.dll cannot be found" and the game refuses to start".
Guy1/Mod: "Register your game and you will able to see the solution in the tech support forums"
OP: "Thanks I will"
Guy2: "Or you could just download the dll file and copy it into your system folder."
Guy3: "This problem is caused by having DX10, which doesn't have the file (DX9 has)"
Guy4: *Random bashing of Microsoft/Vista/DX*

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397217 <-- here's the latest.

What I can't understand is people unable, or more so unwilling, to fiddle around with their computer and try and fix the problem themselves. If you are missing a nail you go out and get one. If you are missing a .dll you go out and download either the .dll on the raw or a program associated with it (DX9).

I mean the worst thing that could happen is, well apart from your monitor blowing up or the OS refusing the start, that some other programs refuse to work. That's just a risk you need to take. Darnit! :mad:

:D

It's a not a risk you need to take. You just follow the advice from Johan (in this case stickied in the Rome forum):

The game and the demo requires the latest version of directx9 to be installed on your pc. (Actually, one from november is good enough..) The CD the game comes on contains the latest redistributables for it, but for those of you that may want the demo or the gg [Gamersgate] version, you can get it from here, unless you already have it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

or

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9a-5b72-447d-84f9-ee6407ed1a91&DisplayLang=en

It takes two minutes to download and install.

Most likely.

In EU3, you need to copy one of the DX9 .dlls in order to play the game in Vista. No biggie. ;)

Not true. It works fine out of the box.