• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, "parity" reached is just a winning condition that we've agreed on as a community.

I reckon you could even have a scenario where there are 2 villagers and 4 wolves left, and the villagers could somehow turn it around. But then the winning condition would have to be "wipe out all villagers" or "wipe out all wolves". In 99.9% of cases, this would just unnecessarily prolong the game for a few days.
I understand that scenario, and I think that the GM should probably call it on a case-by-case basis. If the JL has all of the remaining villagers together, and they have a powerful group of traits left: Leader, Hunter, Brutal, OEO, GA, something like that, then why penalize them by ending a game that they could potentially win?

Agree.

Torndoli- sometimes there are villager hunters or leaders left who could still win after parity.

Parity, I've always thought, has to occur after the nightly actions. Never ran a Big, but I'd require that parity be reached at the end of a day/night cycle. If, in theory, there are enough traits/roles floating around to ensure that the villagers could still hypothetically take down remaining wolves at the end of a next cycle, that should not nullify an existing parity.

I understand that scenario, and I think that the GM should probably call it on a case-by-case basis. If the JL has all of the remaining villagers together, and they have a powerful group of traits left: Leader, Hunter, Brutal, OEO, GA, something like that, then why penalize them by ending a game that they could potentially win?

Because they didn't take down the wolves in time. "They could have won if they had had another day" doesn't matter. That's not a penalty.

Explain please.
This discussion started from a game last September or August. In that game when parity was reached the village had far from lost.

Mostly because they've already screwed up enough to let the wolves get to parity in the first place. Achieving parity is a difficult enough task for the wolves. Once they've achieved it, the wolves don't care what the village does against them - they can match it and overwhelm anyone still surviving. Nightly powers and other remaining abilities shouldn't and don't affect this.

Mostly because they've already screwed up enough to let the wolves get to parity in the first place. Achieving parity is a difficult enough task for the wolves. Once they've achieved it, the wolves don't care what the village does against them - they can match it and overwhelm anyone still surviving. Nightly powers and other remaining abilities shouldn't and don't affect this.
MC, that's speaking from an RP perspective. Strictly speaking, from an RP perspective, how does this make sense given the backstory to your current Big game? In your game, both the village and the baddies represent human characters.

MC, that's speaking from an RP perspective. Strictly speaking, from an RP perspective, how does this make sense given the backstory to your current Big game? In your game, both the village and the baddies represent human characters.

I'd say that the infiltrators being equal in numbers to the lodge members would represent a pretty devastating defeat for the lodge...

Also, how much sense does it make, RP-wise, for the detective agencies to be fighting each other? They both have the exact same goal, after all. Game mechanics and RP are two very different things.

I'd say that the infiltrators being equal in numbers to the lodge members would represent a pretty devastating defeat for the lodge...

Also, how much sense does it make, RP-wise, for the detective agencies to be fighting each other? They both have the exact same goal, after all. Game mechanics and RP are two very different things.
Then why did you relate the reasoning for a game mechanic existing to RP? If we're talking purely game mechanics here, then why should villagers who have potentially put in a lot of effort, who have saved their traits and kept a powerful JL alive in order to still have a shot of winning at parity instantly lose?

Then why did you relate the reasoning for a game mechanic existing to RP? If we're talking purely game mechanics here, then why should villagers who have potentially put in a lot of effort, who have saved their traits and kept a powerful JL alive in order to still have a shot of winning at parity instantly lose?

Because knowing when to use your abilities is a critical part of the game. Wait too long because you're trying to make everything perfect, and you might just blow it when you could have won had you taken a chance a bit earlier.

Because knowing when to use your abilities is a critical part of the game. Wait too long because you're trying to make everything perfect, and you might just blow it when you could have won had you taken a chance a bit earlier.
It's impossible for the village to coordinate properly. As soon as you start handing active, good players losses because the rest of the village made a mistake is the second that you start penalizing good players. Sometimes even a good JL cannot prevent the wolves from killing most of the villagers, and I understand how some players could say GG, well played wolves. But to me, this penalizes players who could have made a difference but suffered because of the incompetence of their peers.

This discussion started from a game last September or August. In that game when parity was reached the village had far from lost.
Link?

This is a non-issue. If there's parity, the village has lost. And it's not RP, it's the definition of winning.

MISSION: Refocus the Werewolf General Planning Thread back onto Werewolf.

:cool:

Nah it is better to leave this thread for WW general planning; I will send you a PM continuing our discussion later tonight.

@Rosvea, How do you take your coffee? How do you like your steak prepared? Favorite color?

I'm a communist! Attack my beliefs!