• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sometimes we have other traits/roles like poisoner that can also kill.
What did the poisoner do and why isn't he used anymore?

1 kill per night be baddies is often important because otherwise when 3-4 die from ties every day the game will end before it barely begins.

Why should they?

It creates more intrigue, each baddie group gets to feel like they are playing as opposed to the last one to get in there PM, balances game easily.

Follow up question. Unless I missed it there are no watcher/trackers roles/traits.

Also while I'm on it what is the difference between roles and traits?

1 kill per night be baddies is often important because otherwise when 3-4 die from ties every day the game will end before it barely begins.

This makes a ton of sense.

Packs have a preset order, not a snipe lottery.

There's a witness, if that's what you mean by watcher.

You can give each player as many traits as you like but only one role.

Why only one kill per night? Seems odd, is there a reason?

Balance. The village has one kill each day with the vote, and that vote is supposed to be important.
To give team evil more hunting powers makes the night game and people with special roles a lot more important when it's already difficult enough to make the plain villagers feel like they have influence on how the game progresses.
Instead, we have the power of the TIE to (partially) make up for that potential lack of carnage. :p

But yeah, it's another way to kill players at night.

The hunter doesn't really count though since hunters have only 1 shot.

Usually not, although we have experimented with that at times. The experience has generally been bad though since they tend to flock to the side that is getting the upper hand and that way make the game less tense and exciting.

It's always a good idea to avoid powers / traits / roles that encourage people to help the winning team get stronger. A good game is close and exciting, with either side being on the verge of victory until the very end.

I depends. If you are a hunter you can always shoot him instead. I did that once...

You're not a veteran at this game unless you've accidentally shot/outed/killed your own scanner/team at least once :p

It creates more intrigue, each baddie group gets to feel like they are playing as opposed to the last one to get in there PM, balances game easily.

The hunt is not decided by who is the last team to send in a PM. There's a specific hunt order, usually with the packs alternating nights.
Once a pack is eliminated the order changes, and the remaining packs get more hunts. This encourages the packs to try to wipe each other out.

As for balance .. I don't think that is really balanced. If the evildoers somehow make contact with each other and manage to start exchanging information they can wipe out team good really really quickly, which means that you get this tipping point which helps the side that is the closest to winning.
I have never played with a setup like that though, so I might be wrong about that.

Follow up question. Unless I missed it there are no watcher/trackers roles/traits.

What are those?

Also while I'm on it what is the difference between roles and traits?

A role determines what side you are on. You always have 1, and only 1 role.
A trait is an ability, something you have and can use to help you win the game. Traits however have nothing to do with what side you are on. If something is a trait, both evil and good people can have it (unless otherwise specified) and it can be tacked on to any role.
It is quite possible to have multiple traits at once.

To rephrase: why doesn't each pack get a kill each night?

Also, in addition what everybody has said, wolves get the nightly kill. But if they play the public game very well, they can also control the day killings by directing the lynch mob. If wolves could do consistently multiple kills per night it would reduce the power of day phase tremendously and make people pay less attention to it as night would be the "real deal". And let's face it, day is the phase that should matter the most since everybody participates in it and that's what the whole public thread is dedicated for. 2+ wolf kills per night would just make night phase, something that just is for the most players without any real options to control, seem even more arbitrary.

Example of role & trait stuff:

Villager hunter. Villager (goodie) is role, hunter (one time night kill ability) is trait. Player is goodie.
Cultist hunter. Baddie (cultist) role, hunter trait, player is baddie. And so on.

I miss trespoe.

How well did it go? And had he played micro beforehand?

Actually, I lied. He played one big game before hosting his first big game.

Wat who's on
l7jGASy.jpg
again?

Just popping in to see if everyone's fine.

Ciryandor! :D :D I really wish you had've played in my last game, tried to spam your inbox so you'd get an e-mail, dunno if you saw it. Are you planning on playing again sometime soon?

EDIT: Looks like he's gone again...

Last edited:
I miss trespoe.

And I miss everyone here.

I'm stranded in the north with little to keep me occupied. I started off by trying to teach these Yankees how to drink, only to discover that the women could handle liquor better than the men. Disgraceful. Elsewise, there's foliage and sin taxes galore. They really, really, really, like submarine sandwiches here, too.

Let's hope I can make it back from this exile eventually.

And I miss everyone here.

I'm stranded in the north with little to keep me occupied. I started off by trying to teach these Yankees how to drink, only to discover that the women could handle liquor better than the men. Disgraceful. Elsewise, there's foliage and sin taxes galore. They really, really, really, like submarine sandwiches here, too.

Let's hope I can make it back from this exile eventually.
Then start playing again.
What did you do to get exiled? Offend the local plantation owner or offend the general?

Then start playing again.
What did you do to get exiled? Offend the local plantation owner or offend the general?

I can't play! I'm living at a Bed and Breakfast with no internet. It's quaint like that. But I don't eat breakfast, thus I'm paying for twice as many services as I need. I've made friends with some restauranteurs, so I get all the free Korean food I could care to eat, in any event. They're trying to get me to marry one of their daughters, it seems, but I'm spoken for. Coffee is more of a problem; I have my trusty companion the Moka Pot with me, but I usually have no recourse to a stove-top. There's also an unfortunate preference for rum over gin, and that's just heartbreaking.

This is a self-imposed exile.