• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will there be partial items, like bomb fuses and loose bombs?

I like the limited knives for differnting beteewn wolves and cultist. That way an outed wolf could leave his knife to a cultist and that way promote him whereas at an unexpected death of the wolf no such knife transfer can take place. Hm, is morning the best time for transfer? Wouldn't before lynch be better?

Will there be an item thief? or an item swapper?

We've had items like potion of strength, cloak of invisibility and werepenguin amulets. Would any of those fit?

Also I demand a pitchfork, a torch, a silver bullet and a bottle of regaine foam as items even if they have no effect. This is werewolf after all.

Seconded.

A crystal ball may be nice, too. Sprig of wolfsbane, string of garlic ..

:D

I think it's great. Lots of games to play, more new blood to mix. I for one hail our new OT overlords. :)

Ok useless items will for certain be in and will not be posted ahead of time, no one needs to know the fun items. :cool:

Bomb parts and some other put together parts will be in. Sleeping tonic maybe could be an item to allow for knocking someone out and stealing their items. Could allow glass bottles and maybe some 'chemicals' item to be put together to make poison or sleep tonic or some kind of temp strength potion that also makes someone brutal?

Timing wise I think night is the best as during the day would allow anyone that is certain to hang to pass on items.

edit: Actually...maybe if anyone that hangs cannot transfer items but anyone else can do so as the first nighttime action? Opinions?

Ok useless items will for certain be in and will not be posted ahead of time, no one needs to know the fun items. :cool:

Bomb parts and some other put together parts will be in. Sleeping tonic maybe could be an item to allow for knocking someone out and stealing their items. Could allow glass bottles and maybe some 'chemicals' item to be put together to make poison or sleep tonic or some kind of temp strength potion that also makes someone brutal?

Timing wise I think night is the best as during the day would allow anyone that is certain to hang to pass on items.

I just got an idea for a game based solely on potions and derivatives. :D

:rofl:

Well, I'm happy to hear my little plan has sparked some creative thinking :)

What about this;

Items are given out at game start, along with roles (just basic roles, like Werewolf and Villager). Noone is told exactly what these items do, but some are obvious (you kill people with a knife or a gun) some are not (what possible use could a spyglass have?). It is then up to the player to figure out what the item does and send in orders regarding it. There is no set-in-stone order, you send in an order of what you think should be done with it (maybe use the spyglass to watch <player> during the night).

Items can be traded between players, and you'd have items that are only usable with other items, like a revolver needing bullets, a blunted knife needing a whetstone to sharpen it (otherwise your victim might get away), etc. Also, specialized roles are given out that show you how to use some items properly, like bandages for a doctor, which can be used to save a person, or a "Sharpshooter" being able to use a rifle with accuracy and pick off a victim from a position of stealth (so, a gun would be noisy, attract lots of attention, and so the killers name would be known, while the Sharpshooter with a rifle could stealth-kill players).

What do you think?

I like the general idea with items. For trading and combining items to work I think that would work best with a larger crowd of players so there is enough time figure things out and find the right items to trade for. With the size of games we've had lately I'm not sure that will happen but I hope I'm wrong.

What about this;

Items are given out at game start, along with roles (just basic roles, like Werewolf and Villager). Noone is told exactly what these items do, but some are obvious (you kill people with a knife or a gun) some are not (what possible use could a spyglass have?). It is then up to the player to figure out what the item does and send in orders regarding it. There is no set-in-stone order, you send in an order of what you think should be done with it (maybe use the spyglass to watch <player> during the night).

Items can be traded between players, and you'd have items that are only usable with other items, like a revolver needing bullets, a blunted knife needing a whetstone to sharpen it (otherwise your victim might get away), etc. Also, specialized roles are given out that show you how to use some items properly, like bandages for a doctor, which can be used to save a person, or a "Sharpshooter" being able to use a rifle with accuracy and pick off a victim from a position of stealth (so, a gun would be noisy, attract lots of attention, and so the killers name would be known, while the Sharpshooter with a rifle could stealth-kill players).

What do you think?

Please keep charades out of WW.

I like the general idea with items. For trading and combining items to work I think that would work best with a larger crowd of players so there is enough time figure things out and find the right items to trade for. With the size of games we've had lately I'm not sure that will happen but I hope I'm wrong.

One thing that I haven't really talked about yet here is the thought that there could be 'merchants', who have a seperate objective to become richer than anyone else in the game. They aren't neutral, mind - they are like rivals - an additional objective on top of the regular one. Of course, such a thing would require a concept of 'money' ..
So I haven't really brought that up yet because of the micromanagement involved.

One of the really big questions is when items switch. The original EL deviced rules allowed people to trade during the day, but items stayed in the game after death and ended up in the hands of goodies, so the mechanics there did something completely different from this game.

As of written, with these rules I expect people to be really carefull about telling other people what items they have, due to the "hunt for loot" thing. Trading may be very limited due to that.
To be honest though, if that is a bad thing is something that is yet to be determined..

Vote Jacob-Lundgren

I miss joeb. AOK, let him out of your basement already.

I miss joeb. AOK, let him out of your basement already.
Ohh. So you haven't heard? Apperently Joeb somehow escaped (we belive Blade helped him ) and ate AOK...
Thus he took over AOK's appearence, drug addiction and behaviour.. But he lacks AOK's WW skills..
That explains why AOK plays so badly recent games.. In fact that was why launched this investigation in the first place....

I'm sorry for your loss Euroo... :(

:laugh:

After this next big I am making a play at my items game so speak now or forever be stuck with a defective bomb.