• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I very much agree with this. There is a world of difference between a regular spam PM and one that actually appeals to you personally.

So were I to send you a PM "Oi, Najs, join my bloody game you Swedish Meatball!" that'd work for you?

Okay now I want some Swedish Meatballs. They taste goooood.

So were I to send you a PM "Oi, Najs, join my bloody game you Swedish Meatball!" that'd work for you?

Yes. First of all, the message has my alias in it. Then you mentioned Swedish meatballs, meaning you would be sending a message that in two ways could be identified as specifically ment for me.

Yes, that matters.

Yes. First of all, the message has my alias in it. Then you mentioned Swedish meatballs, meaning you would be sending a message that in two ways could be identified as specifically ment for me.

Yes, that matters.

I'll hold you to that.

I never join games I'm invited to. I am only comfortable when nobody else is.

Regarding cultists: the point of the role is to facilitate the bad guys achieving parity earlier, without making the game more difficult for the good guys to win by keeping the number of wolves (== the players that have to die for a good side win) constant. That is the chief purpose of cultists. I don't really believe this "wolves throw cultist under the bus come first chance" dogma. I'd never do that to my cultist, not without a very good reason. They get the same treatment as the other wolves: if it looks to me that they cannot be subtly saved, then I'm ready to let them die, even vote for them. Of course, voting record becomes vitally important only after the seer is dead. Earlier, the problem with cultists was that the role was quite boring: no-one told you pretty much anything, because you could win with any pack and thus they got left out of the loop. This is of course something you could fix with traits, but a hunter/leader trait on a cultist is not very interesting. You can't really use it unless you're sure the game will end on that day, because huntering a JL-member is a suicide mission.

Here's an idea for the cultist role:
Cultists win with any pack. All cultists start unattached, they do not know any wolves or other cultists. Cultists are unhuntable by a wolf: when a cultist is hunted, he will learn the name of one of the wolves that attacked him. Cultists need never attach themselves formally to a pack; instead, it is enough for one of the bad guys to submit the names of the cultists that his pack knows for them to count towards parity.

This grants the cultists a chance to help one pack against another. I'd expect this would result in more wolf-on-wolf hunts, which should be reflected in the number of bad guys at the start. I think this ruling would make the cultist role more interesting to play. Moreover, there would be an incentive for a wolfpack to obtain and contact as many cultists as possible: they can find opposing wolves. However, naturally this carries a risk that the cultist will give the name of their current master to the other pack.

I never join games I'm invited to. I am only comfortable when nobody else is.
So something like this then:
Hi joebthegreat, would you please stay out of my game, so I can enjoy it for once.

Still, I think a Christmas WW trip to the OT forum would be unlikely to harm us, and possibly bring in some fresh blood: 5 new people would be plenty!

We've been getting new people quite steadily, but not too many are sticking around beyond one or two games. If that is the result of dysfunctional rules, we need to get the house in order first before we even think about hosting Christmas parties.

Still, I think a Christmas WW trip to the OT forum would be unlikely to harm us, and possibly bring in some fresh blood: 5 new people would be plenty!

+1 - Looking at the Current Big, it is more than likely that it will finish before Christmas (except if we get a large number of no-hunts).

It would harm us in the sense that since we got this subforum we are restricted to this subforum for our game threads. Putting a game thread in the OT would anger the powers that be.

If someone wants to host an OT-based game, I'll let them go ahead of my game.