• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In our current games, we have a deadline every 24 hours. That has his advantages, for example that a game is going fast, but also it's disadvantages.
The main ones being that people don't have enough time for analysis and contacting (PM-ing) people in different time zones.

It's possible that because of this (quite strict) requirement, people don't sign up for games.

Wouldn't it be an idea to have a game with fewer deadlines ?
For example a game with a deadline on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday so that players have more time for analysis etc.

And wouldn't we get more players then ?

Thoughts/comments ?

I've more often found that I'd prefer 12 hour deadlines myself... especially with an outing. That saidat least 24 hours between deadlines are necessary, I'm just not sure extending them even further would help.

In our current games, we have a deadline every 24 hours. That has his advantages, for example that a game is going fast, but also it's disadvantages.
The main ones being that people don't have enough time for analysis and contacting (PM-ing) people in different time zones.

It's possible that because of this (quite strict) requirement, people don't sign up for games.

For example a game with a deadline on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday so that players have more time for analysis etc.

Thoughts/comments ?

More than 24 hours would get dull for me...not that I'm a very active PMer. I like being able to wake up in the morning and count the corpses.

More than 24 hours would get dull for me...not that I'm a very active PMer. I like being able to wake up in the morning and count the corpses.
I agree with this.

Thoughts/comments ?

I have played on another site that does that and zombieism is horrible. Players just forget to vote or to follow the game.

There is also a lack of activity as a vote usually (but not always) stays were it is, so frontrunners stay there unless someone does a lot of work PM'ing, and then they get hunted if a goodie.

It is strange as I am thinking like you how it could be wonderful to have several voteswitches over two or three days and everyone votes and at least can contribute even if their schedule doesn't normally allow it. But no, doesn't work that way it seems.

Oh FFS, just stop, werewolf doesn't need any tweaking when it comes to deadlines. They're perfectly balanced for a fun and eventful game.

Oh FFS, just stop, werewolf doesn't need any tweaking when it comes to deadlines. They're perfectly balanced for a fun and eventful game.

This

Is there a Lite in the works?

Yes, the one you're about to GM.

Dunno if I want to go up against your legion emotions...

...maybe after a few more have been suppressed.

Taking off hunting for a few days. If it is a REAL emergency PM blade! but if it is a thread title fix or something minor just drop me a pm and I get it when I get back.

48 hours work at another forum I've played in, then again that forum requires a 50%+1 vote on someone to get lynched.

Werewolf CXVII - Dentistry School

co-GMed by me and esemesas

dentistsinalpharetta.jpg

Open wide…

Spamming the forum is fun.

You can sign up now.

I'm thinking of GM-ing a big game again soon. Or at least becoming a candidate GM again.
In that game I like to limit the power of the JL or the dependance of the village of the JL and there are several ways to do that.
For example by limiting the powers of the seer/priest.

That can be done in many ways, for example :
1) Seer/priest can only scan on odd or even nights.
2) Seer/priest can only scan a limited number of players.
3) Scans can have a certain uncertainty.
4) ... (many other options).

The result (hopefully)is a game in which there are less outings and the "normal villagers" are more important and have more influence.

What do you think of such a game ?

(and yes of course villagers need to be compensated somehow to keep the game balanced. I'm aware of that).

And finally. Reactions like this I don't like :

*cue AOK's Leave WW alone*

They don't help in improving/further developing the game.

1) People have had two seers that each could detect only werewolves or only vampires. That way it takes much more effort to completely clear someone. OTOH you get two seers so the JL will have more members who are cleared by their role.

2) Could be worth a try but it doesn't promote good scanners that manage to survive to the endgame.

3) I'm not crazy about uncertainty in scans. Hm, or rather I don't like when you don't know if the info is correct or not.

For example
Don't like: "Your scan showed that AOK is a werewolf" when in fact he isn't one.
OK: "Your scan showed that AOK wasn't in his bed last night" which could mean he is a werewolf that hunted, a lover that loved, a scanner that scanned, a witness that witnessed or a hunter that hunted.

You could also have a scanner that depending on a dice roll would get more or less info (and get to know what info they know/don't know). For instance a seer could have the following depending on dice roll
6: detects werewolf, werewolf pack, brutal traits, claimed apprentices, unclaimed apprentices
5: detects werewolf, werewolf pack, claimed apprentices, unclaimed apprentices
4: detects werewolf, werewolf pack, claimed apprentices
3: detects werewolf, claimed apprentices
2: detects claimed apprentices
1: detects nothing

Not that I think you really need to nerf the JL. Just don't give out too many role traits that can clear a player.

Not that I think you really need to nerf the JL. Just don't give out too many role traits that can clear a player.

That, and try to make sure people can't out large numbers of baddies at once due to infiltration.. :p