• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh btw johho: you asked me during the final days of last big WW how it goes when we meet fellow WW IRL. Well, that's always a bit different. For me it is very much more different than for instance my mother with Randakar or Kaetje, or even more different for Kaetje and Randakar, who actually have their computers next to each other, and the other can easily see if one if spending much amount of time on the game, or perhaps PMing.

I don't think they much discuss the game. When I'm over at their place, I kinda make little remarks or questions. Both as to "prove" I'm just a villager, and to test what they do know...

What a warm welcome indeed. I get the feeling that im gonna hurt a lot of you players, but Im afraid ive never heard of Rysz in my life. Unless maybe he ever played Dutch Werewolf that would be.

Im considering joining up that so-called big game but it looks rather complicated I have to admit! Ah well, I'll get the hang of it I hope.

This is the game where signup is currently open.. Be aware that we constantly tweek and change the rules of our werewolf games and this is a bit minimalistic so might be a good one to start with. Or a complete disaster. Hopefully it will be fun. Or at least spectacular.

Thanks for showing! Voting system seems to be a lil different from what Im used to. But there are only very few different roles luckily. Nothing complicated to start with. Im used to playing games with up to 8/9 different goodside and 5 different badside roles. Dont get me started on annoying neutral roles.
Thanks again!

Dont get me started on annoying neutral roles.

Most of us hate annoying roles too.

EDIT: Meant neutral roles, but really, the two are interchangeable. :p

Welcome! We look forward to play with you!

What's with all the new people these past few days? Not that I mind, I think it's great, especially if they bring their own experiences and ideas about the game.

Seconded, and seconded. Really, why are so many people finding their way to the games all of a sudden?

What a warm welcome indeed. I get the feeling that im gonna hurt a lot of you players, but Im afraid ive never heard of Rysz in my life. Unless maybe he ever played Dutch Werewolf that would be.

Knowing how these things tend to go around here, I'm sure you'll find yourself related in -some- way to him after a bit :D

Most of us hate annoying roles too.

EDIT: Meant neutral roles, but really, the two are interchangeable. :p
Yeah, those and the "I am an immortal GOD" roles. But at least the god like roles can end in specatacular disasters while neutrals often are just boring or annoying.

So, is AOK's thread on the OT going to be killed, and the old one reinstated? We should agree on this, lest there be trouble and/or confusion.
As long as there is only one of them on the first page of the OT I don't see the problem.

I have a question about a possible trait I used to play with IRL.
Maniac - every night he maniacalize someone. He either cuts off his arm so he can no longer vote or he chops off his tongue so he can no longer speak (both PMs /except GM/ and thread post). He can still conduct his night abilities and stuff like that (leader etc.). Maniac can maniacalize himself.

What do you think about it? Have you ever played with sth like this? Should it be modificated?

Maniac - every night he maniacalize someone. He either cuts off his arm so he can no longer vote or he chops off his tongue so he can no longer speak (both PMs /except GM/ and thread post). He can still conduct his night abilities and stuff like that (leader etc.). Maniac can maniacalize himself.

What do you think about it? Have you ever played with sth like this? Should it be modificated?

gimme gimme gimme

any other point of view? I assume that not many people check this thread...

Pretty sure everyone checks this thread. Give it a day, and you'll see more points of view. I, for one, love it. But I'm not the most unbiased person. Wait for johho, Randy, trespoe and Paen to comment on it. And AOK too, I guess.

Temporary removing of someones vote/posting is fine. Doing it permanently but keeping them alive? Might as well just kill them off.

I like it, but I would certainly not make it a repeatable power. I would make it a one time trait like the hunter's ability. Or at the very least have it take 3-4 days to recharge. I would also add a chance of being caught. That trait as a normal nightly ability is overpowered in the extreme.

Or, you could make the result of a maniac attack a temporary impairment that heals after two days or something like that somewhat like getting saved by a doctor, except you are getting mutilated on purpose.

If I were using it, I would make it a rechargeable trait that takes 3 days to charge and causes a 2 day impairment of either voting or speaking powers. That, or I would make it a one time trait that causes permanent impairment.

How about adding a percentage chance to succeed? There could be a 33% increase each day, like the cultist in some games. A failed attempt would result in the maniac being discovered by his victim.

And I'd rather see the effect taking place during a limited time, 2 days or something, as it would really kill the game for the victim otherwise.