• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

punkbob

Grand Pasha of the Czars
61 Badges
Jun 26, 2005
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Since we have our own forum and the Werewolf Group has become '"nightmare to navigate", I hearby commission the Werewolf General Discussion thread.

Now Remember the Rules of the OT, the forum, and this sub forum.

This is for the discussion of Rules, ideas, past events, issues that may arise, and hopefully a place where we can discuss things relevant to the Werewolf community.

And try to keep it somewhat on topic, because this is NOT a spam thread, and we have afforded a unique privilege in having our own subforum.

And remember, if you abuse it, he will come....

And why I like Blade!, I don't need to have another crackdown on Werewolf.

Got it?

>_>

What do we do if a GM goes missing for a predetermined set of time?

(note: This is a preliminary discussion thread, Euro only missed the deadline by 3h 16 mins so far)

Note that the following only applies to Lite.

I think that a GM should at all times be given till the next deadline (24 hours) to report again. It is always possible that some issue prevented someone from coming online. In the case of a GM I think that 24 hours is long enough to wait. If after 24 hours the GM hasn't reported in, it can be decided to wait or another person can take over GM-ing the game. This only works for games without hidden traits, hence the reference that this only applies to Lite.

Note that the following only applies to Lite.

I think that a GM should at all times be given till the next deadline (24 hours) to report again. It is always possible that some issue prevented someone from coming online. In the case of a GM I think that 24 hours is long enough to wait. If after 24 hours the GM hasn't reported in, it can be decided to wait or another person can take over GM-ing the game. This only works for games without hidden traits, hence the reference that this only applies to Lite.

How should we go about figuring out who's roles were what?

Would it be easier to just put a game on hold, after a longer period of absence?

the seer and wolfs could pm the new GM

I think 36 hours AWOL is more than enough time

Indeed everyone should PM the replacement GM their roles and the replacement GM can only continue the game after having recieved a PM from every player. Else someone can trace the records of when someone was online to who has a special role. It also prevents against someone ruining the game by submitting the wrong role.

Indeed everyone should PM the replacement GM their roles and the replacement GM can only continue the game after having recieved a PM from every player. Else someone can trace the records of when someone was online to who has a special role. It also prevents against someone ruining the game by submitting the wrong role.
I like this. I also think we all would be honest about it since we would like the game to continue.

What if two people claim to be the Seer?

:(
The one person that's not the seer and sends a PM to the new GM would be banned from WW. Sounds simple enough.

Obviously you should send a list of people you've scanned and other people you've contacted, plus what their roles are. There are still ways to get around the system, granted, but it will be more difficult.

Greetings fellow Werewolf players. I've been lurking around this sub-forum for a while, as a newcomer also in the Werewolf games. I have been discussing with my associates (fellow members of another forum "totalwar.org/vb") the great potential this forum has, as many of you play Werewolf games (I was surprised to see sign ups fill up so quick around here). As I try to find a game here to play, I'd like to invite you guys over to that forum. Werewolf (We call it Mafia games) games are played in the Gameroom there.
We are going to make a huge Mafia game in the following months (60-120 players) and we have called upon quite a few forums where Werewolf games are played to join in a massive werewolf game.

Anyhow, I see the rules here are incredibly strict. When will another Werewolf game be made? I wish to participate.

You're trying to steal our players, eh? ;) :p

Anyhow, I see the rules here are incredibly strict.

Things wouldn't work out if they weren't. But what specifically did you notice?
When will another Werewolf game be made? I wish to participate.

Well the Lite games usually take around a week to play, so if you just stick around you'll see when a new one is set up. Subscribe to the "New werewolf game up" thread in this forum, which will alert you when either a new Lite game or a regular game has been set up. :)

Greetings fellow Werewolf players. I've been lurking around this sub-forum for a while, as a newcomer also in the Werewolf games. I have been discussing with my associates (fellow members of another forum "totalwar.org/vb") the great potential this forum has, as many of you play Werewolf games (I was surprised to see sign ups fill up so quick around here). As I try to find a game here to play, I'd like to invite you guys over to that forum. Werewolf (We call it Mafia games) games are played in the Gameroom there.
We are going to make a huge Mafia game in the following months (60-120 players) and we have called upon quite a few forums where Werewolf games are played to join in a massive werewolf game.

Anyhow, I see the rules here are incredibly strict. When will another Werewolf game be made? I wish to participate.
I checked out your forum and I think I am going to steal some of your ideas :p

Anyway about the strictness, it is just what you are used to, I don't know to which part of the game you are referring, but when I looked over the rules at the totalwar forum, I thought some of them were strict too. I think that here we do have some strict rules, but we all understand that they are for the benefit of the game. Besides we don't enforce all rules strictly to the letter. If we would, allmost no vote would count :D. I would like to hear your opinion though, because it is always good to improve the game.

You are welcome to join in on one of our games to see for yourself if you enjoy it here. Like Heimdall said, subscribe to the new game thread and keep an eye on your User CP. I might be tempted to try out a game on the other forum too, but since I am hoping to be really busy the next couple of months, it might take a while ;)

I too checked it out, and read one game thread that had allegedly started, but 8 days after the thread had been opened up, and the sign up was over with, the game hadn't even started yet?!

Yeah, it would be cool to play a game or two to check it out. Imagine to be a "noob" again :)p).

I too checked it out, and read one game thread that had allegedly started, but 8 days after the thread had been opened up, and the sign up was over with, the game hadn't even started yet?!

Yeah, it would be cool to play a game or two to check it out. Imagine to be a "noob" again :)p).

Apparently the word n00b is frowned upon on over there :p

Apparently the word n00b is frowned upon on over there :p

I noticed. :D

Though I'd be happy to pose as a "noob" for the first couple of games just to avoid being hunted (if they play by our gentlemen's code, of course). :)

Meh, I was brutally lynched in a TIE my first game :D

Although I have never been hunted yet.

I was hunted the first night in my first game, I guess they were intimidated :cool: