• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So far we are not really focused on tech teams and OOB because we want to finish the minister setup and the map first. In the first version technology will not be included because it wasn't a very important part of the Yugoslavian war.

We haven't the OOBs so far but if you have one for Croatia I think it could be very helpful, as you seem to know very well the subject. :)

So far we are not really focused on tech teams and OOB because we want to finish the minister setup and the map first. In the first version technology will not be included because it wasn't a very important part of the Yugoslavian war.

Well I wouldn`t say that technology was a crucial, but JNA had a lot`s of obsolete equipment, and later in war croatia produced some modernized weapons itself ,like tanks(the only tank factory
in ex yugoslavia was in Slavonski Brod, which is part of croatia), artillery, and some specialized vheicles.
if you didn`t know all countries of ex yugoslavia had an arms embargo
and serbia even had na economic sanctions, so their entire production was
slown down ,they had tanks, but didn`t have fuel for them, and their repair was much heavyer.

Croatia didn`t have economic sanctions, so they could buy rescources freely, But this was not so necessery becuase Croatia had almost all rescources enough for domestic needs like oil and supplies, rescources which croatia didn`t have enought has been bought ,only if that was necessary)
Even today croatia produces almost 60-70% of oil on domestic fields,
and 40-50% of natural gas,( for own needs)

So we should pay attention in the game on those things too, and economy
as well

Production will of course be in, technology maybe not. There are some plans to replace technology with a system to represent the smuggle of weapons and so on but it will not be in the Beta. Economic sanctions will be in as well, but we didn't start with the events and such yet.

By the way what is OOB?

OOB = Order of Battle. Basically the armed forces setup at the beginning of the scenario. Units, locations, commanders, equipment.

Like^said technology will not be touched just now as big plans have been made up and we lack a knowledged tech modder.

On economics, thanks for reminding that! We will need maps of industry distribution, agriculture, populations and roads, in order to make things realist and not just put ic here and there like Pdox do.

Edit: preview of tech tree if you want
TECH.jpg

Last edited:
Like^said technology will not be touched just now as big plans have been made up and we lack a knowledged tech modder.

On economics, thanks for reminding that! We will need maps of industry distribution, agriculture, populations and roads, in order to make things realist and not just put ic here and there like Pdox do.

Edit: preview of tech tree if you want
TECH.jpg

Hmh, nice.
But what's LV2?

Either tutorial is disabled or to be redone, but not now.

Disabled as in most of mods;)

And a few questions of course
1. can you tell me a croatian tech team, or this item doesn`t exist?
2. which units will be militia forces and which infantry, did you already
decided that?
3.Do you have a technology tree, and if you do how does it look, put a screenshoot please.
4. production?
5. industrial capacity ,
can myou tell e more about these two last things?:)

I will look on the ministers.

1. No techs for BETA.
2. Soldiers:D
3. No
4. It will not be disabled, but no big improvements in BETA.
5. We will look on this when the map is done.

P.S. The desc for Kosovo is done and NATO minister is done.;)
You can see the desc on the first post.

EDIT
EDIT: I think you can make, credits_top and credits_bottom, as I forgot, it just takes some cropping using 600x20 dims.

Could you please do this:)

Last edited:
Further trade agreements with an import zone.

This was for Infantry, Armor and Air btw.
Sea will be something independant because there was nearly no naval actions.

Oh yes there were naval battles too, not in classic way( like the battle of capital ships, becuse croatia didn`t have navy at the start of the war, but croatia captured a few vessels from the JRM(jugoslav navy) naval bases, which fall into croatian hands )
Croatia also armed a speedboats, with machine guns, and other weapons like
grenade launchers(zolja), which run supply convoys into seiged cities like Dubrovnik. Major battle was near the island of Brač(Brački kanal, Splitski tjesnac i Splitska vrata) where JRM was defeated, croatian costal artillery
attacked JRM ships.

Croatian cities like Split,Zadar, Šibenik, Dubrovnik were heavily bombed from the sea by the jugoslav navy, JRM also tried invasion of island Šolta( an island near Split), islands Mljet, Lastovo and Vis were under ocupation. Dubrovnik was under the seige, and all naval ways were disrupted so croatian civilian ships(fisherman boats, ferries) couldnt sail at all for some time.

Seems that you don`t know much about the war in Croatia, do you?
Listen guys, first you should know the matter, and then you can do
modding of the game. We also should have a plan how entire mod should
look like, so it would be easier to change if somethig is wrong.
So plese, if you have a screenshoots of parts which are already done
please post it

So for the start I`ll write some links for those who aren`t so familiar
with the matter http://www4.hrt.hr/arhiv/tudjman/domovinski-eng.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Dubrovnik

The Yugoslav People's Army (JNA) was initially formed during World War II to carry out guerrilla warfare against Axis occupation. The success of the Partisan movement led to the JNA basing much of its operational strategy on guerrilla warfare. Due to the unique political stance of Yugoslavia in Europe, the strategic planners of the Army expected to face an attack by either NATO or Warsaw Pact forces. Expecting to be badly outmatched, the JNA decided to pursue a guerrilla strategy, which would prove disastrous in the upcoming war, since the JNA found itself in a position of an attacker without local civilian support - the very role they intended for invaders of Yugoslavia.

Still, on paper, the JNA looked like a powerful force with 2,000 tanks and 300 jet aircraft (all either Soviet or locally produced). However, by 1991, majority of this equipment was over 30 years old: the main T-54/55 tank and the MiG-21 aircraft made up 60% and 40% of the tank force and air-force respectively. By contrast, more modern cheap anti-tank (like AT-5) and anti-aircraft (like SA-14) missiles were abundant, which were designed to destroy much more advanced weaponry. Furthermore, the JNA was a multinational force: the political infighting meant that desertion of men (especially educated cadre from Yugoslavia's more developed northern areas) would ruin the Army's effectiveness. With the retreat of the JNA forces in 1992, JNA units were reorganized as the Army of Serb Krajina, which was a direct heir to JNA organization with little improvement. During 1991, an important role in the Yugo/Serb military assault forces was filled by paramilitary units like Beli Orlovi, Srpski Četnički Pokret, etc. that committed numerous massacres against Croat and other non-Serbs civilians.

By contrast to this force, the Croatian Army was in much worse state. At the early stages of the war, lack of military units meant that the Croatian police force would take much of the brunt of fighting - eventually the police would form the core of the new military force - initially named "Zbor Narodne Garde" (ZNG), later "Hrvatska Vojska" (HV) - that was formed in 1990,[citation needed] but not really developed until 1993. Weaponry was always lacking and many units were formed either unarmed or with WW2-era rifles. The Croatian Army had just a handful of tanks (even older WW2 veterans like the T-34) and its air-force was even worse: a few old Antonov An-2 biplane crop-dusters were converted to drop makeshift bombs. However, since the soldiers were defending their homeland the army was exceptionally motivated, and was formed into local fighting units - so people from a village would defend their own village - which meant they were fairly effective in their home grounds. In August 1991, the Croat Army had fewer than 20 brigades, which would grow to 60 by the end of the year through general mobilization which was initiated in October. Seizing of JNA's barracks in the Battle of the barracks would slightly alleviate the problem of equipment shortage. Local volunteers and organizations like HOS were formed early on to ease the problem of lack of units, but were later integrated into the regular army.

By 1995, the Croatian Army would develop into an effective fighting force centered on the elite "Guard Brigades" (eight) and less effective "Home Defence Regiments" and regular brigades (most of which were reorganized into Regiments in 1992). This organization meant that in later campaigns, the Croatian army would pursue a variant of blitzkrieg tactics, with Guard brigades taking the role of punching holes in the enemy lines, while other units simply held the front at other points and completed the encirclement of enemy units.
This part is from wikipedia, but
everything here are accurate informations, so if anyone is not sure about the some details just ask me and I will gladly answer.

I think everybody looks for a mod that will be as accurate as possible, but of course there will be inaccuracies although we spent weeks to research as much information about the matter as possible. So I think if you find any error it's more constructive to correct us and let us know instead of saying that we shouldn't do the mod...So far we're going step by step, we need the map, descriptions, and ministers for all countries. This task is almost finished now, then we will move to the next step(which is probably events and OOBs...) when Hax tells us to do so.

Flint 912 thanks for your ideas but we take one step each time.
We first want to focus on the GFX part.
Then we will start with OOB's, TT, production etc.
So please don't talk about that;)

You could check the Herzeg-Bosna cabinet:
Head of State: Mate Boban*
Head of Goverment: Jadranko Prlic*
Foreign Minister: Jadranko Prlic*
Armament Minister: Bruno Stojic*
Minister of Security: Valentin Coric*
Head of Intelligence: Bruno Stojic*
Head of Staff: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Army: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Navy: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Air Force: Mate Boban*

Oh yes there were naval battles too, not in classic way( like the battle of capital ships, becuse croatia didn`t have navy at the start of the war, but croatia captured a few vessels from the JRM(jugoslav navy) naval bases, which fall into croatian hands )
Croatia also armed a speedboats, with machine guns, and other weapons like
grenade launchers(zolja), which run supply convoys into seiged cities like Dubrovnik. Major battle was near the island of Brač(Brački kanal, Splitski tjesnac i Splitska vrata) where JRM was defeated, croatian costal artillery
attacked JRM ships.

Croatian cities like Split,Zadar, Šibenik, Dubrovnik were heavily bombed from the sea by the jugoslav navy, JRM also tried invasion of island Šolta( an island near Split), islands Mljet, Lastovo and Vis were under ocupation. Dubrovnik was under the seige, and all naval ways were disrupted so croatian civilian ships(fisherman boats, ferries) couldnt sail at all for some time.
Well i meant that there was no naval action translatable into hoi techs.
All those events you speak off would be reproduced with events.

So I think if you find any error it's more constructive to correct us and let us know instead of saying that we shouldn't do the mod...

Look, I didn`t mean that you can`t do the mod becuse you don`t know every detail.
I meant that you should know some details little better (so that the number of errors would be minimial),
than you are able to go modding(becuse you know what exactly happened). But I see(from your post) that you are doing it just fine.

If you and anyone else find offended with the details of my previous post
please sorry.( after all english is not my native language, so the error is possible:))

Flint 912 thanks for your ideas but we take one step each time.
We first want to focus on the GFX part.
Then we will start with OOB's, TT, production etc.
So please don't talk about that;)

You could check the Herzeg-Bosna cabinet:
Head of State: Mate Boban*
Head of Goverment: Jadranko Prlic*
Foreign Minister: Jadranko Prlic*
Armament Minister: Bruno Stojic*
Minister of Security: Valentin Coric*
Head of Intelligence: Bruno Stojic*
Head of Staff: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Army: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Navy: Milivoj Petkovic*
Chief of the Air Force: Mate Boban*

This is going to be a little harder, but I will see what I can do:)

So what are new news on mod?

1 Description left, 6 countrys missing ministers, many military leaders missing.
Map: ???
Music: Bosnian soundpack soon done.
GFX: Vaximillian have done some good stuff for us! ;)

Which country still need descrepion?
Which countries are missing ministers and leaders and how many you have( number per country?
Also why is big secret with GFX stuff?

Which country still need descrepion?
Which countries are missing ministers and leaders and how many you have( number per country?
Also why is big secret with GFX stuff?

Desc: NATO, DELEX WILL MAKE IT! Nobody else!

Ministers: BOS, FRY, SA, (MAC), (MTN)
(TAG) = 1-2 ministers missing, the other one without parentheses lacks like 10-15.

Military leaders: For most lacks military leaders, but there will not be any in BETA so we will not focus on this.

GFX
: We can't show everything, then it will not be so exciting install a whole new mod, therefore we have most of GFX secret:)

Desc: NATO, DELEX WILL MAKE IT! Nobody else!

Ministers: BOS, FRY, SA, (MAC), (MTN)
(TAG) = 1-2 ministers missing, the other one without parentheses lacks like 10-15.

Military leaders: For most lacks military leaders, but there will not be any in BETA so we will not focus on this.

GFX
: We can't show everything, then it will not be so exciting install a whole new mod, therefore we have most of GFX secret:)

Why are Macedonia and Montenergo in ()?

And God I hate secrets.

I have a one suggestion for those who are working on map and provinces, why dont you use for provinces, borders and names of municipalities (općine u BiH i RH) which were in ex yugoslavia
than names of teritories would be more realistic, and also it would be much
faster to create whole map.
And another thing if someone have older maps of yugoslavia(from 1980 to 1990), or atlas, let him post on the forum, there are all data, about geography
(I once had one copy of "Geografski atlas Jugoslavije"(geographical atlas of yugoslavia) but now i cannot find it anywhere), that would be most valuable source of verified data for the mod.