• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lol xD been wondering that myself there is no research i start from 1935 i get event annexation of kosovo and vojvodina and election event but after it nothing... :(
I hope you will publish something soon :))

It seems you have downloaded a version for HoI Armageddon which we abandoned a long time ago. We are now focusing to release a playable version for Darkest Hour.

ok just to clear things up - you guys are still working hard on this, the mod is now for DH, you have progressed to the point where the mod is relatively playable and the new version is about to be released soon. That last downloadable version seems to be 0.04 from 2011, presumably for HoI2. Is all that correct?

I hope this mod finally becomes reality - the full fledged Yugoslav wars scenario would IMO be one of the biggest achievements in history of HoI modding because it is a total conversion like no other which is very demanding.

I think the last version I kind of played was 0.02.

Thanks for the kind words LA! :) The latest public version is for DH and it's on the DH thread. Internally we got a much better version where most of the stuff is made by Hogar. He has helped the mod enormously.

wait so this mod that is downloadable at 1st page isnt latest version?

As Hogar said the latest beta is 0.615 and it's only for DH. I would personally like to see a functioning Croatian- and Bosnian war, AI and tech tree before we release the 'real' YW version for DH.

Update

Still working on mobilisation events. It is hard work balancing them.
At this point I've established good formula for calculating manpower split and regain. I am trying to have 2 different waves of mobilisation: Partial or Full. Partial is triggered the moment a country enters a war while full is triggered when more than 10% territory is lost, e.g. Serbia or Montenegro are unlikely to start full mobilisation in 1991 (never happened historically anyway). I think for the full mobilisation we also need a duration of the war, e.g. 2 months???

JNA depending on relation with a republic can get up to 30% of their manpower. I still have to test this properly...

Does anyone have some other clever ideas how to work this out?

EDIT: Full mobilisation triggers neighbours IC mod by 10%.

I havent done much actually for YW, just transferred the new unit div type system I had onto the YW scope.

But during the process I used up 91 of the 99 free types, so kinda sad that my system in whole will have to be re-envisioned. You could downgrade divisions into brigade sized units with the DH transtype upgrade feature, but being limited by 99 free types cant have this for every unit types. This isnt affecting YW much, but its limiting the possibilities of gameplay a bit.

I would like to see this work because it impacts greatly the events written for mobilisation/demobilisation. It sounds like instead of making hierarchial model for units you have each unit type represented as type... e.g. ARM = M84, D_98 = T55...

Hi. What progress? I still can help)

I would like to see this work because it impacts greatly the events written for mobilisation/demobilisation. It sounds like instead of making hierarchial model for units you have each unit type represented as type... e.g. ARM = M84, D_98 = T55...

Sounds interesting! But do we have enough of types to do this kind of representation?

Hi. What progress? I still can help)

Have had really much to lately so not so much progress from my side. What would you like to help with?

I am really sorry for bothering any of you,but I am having trouble finding a somewhat playable version,would somebody please be kind enough to PM me the link of this excellent mod ? Because there are multiple threads and i am confused where to look :/
Thank you !

Last edited:
I am really sorry for bothering any of you,but I am having trouble finding a somewhat playable version,would somebody please be kind enough to PM me the link of this excellent mod ? Because there are multiple threads and i am confused where to look :/
Thank you !
No bother at all. not much has been done lately. I make few changes here and there when I have time. When I have something good enough for release I'll let you all know.

Hi, it's been a while, anything new. Anyways Happy New Year guys.

Hi, it's been a while, anything new. Anyways Happy New Year guys.
I am working on it. In the last couple of weeks:
- created some tech teams for SLV/YUG
- reworked OOB for SLV
- reworked 10-day war
- reworked mobilisation events (still working on it)
- tweaked some units stats to make early CRO/BOS units less dangerous
- tweaked AI for RSK/RS to attack better in CRO
- working on JNA manpower events (JNA must borrow it from the Republics)

EDIT:
Started on famous quotes too... if you have anything that is very specific to the period post it here (in English) :)
My favourite for now: 'In history, good intentions do not always make good consequences' - Alija Izetbegovic

Last edited:
Cool i got some really cool quotes by politicians in the 90's here:

Nationalism is bad, but Communism is even worse. - Radovan Karadzic
The saved Orthodox Church in Sarajevo, and the torched Mosque in Banja Luka, says everything about us and them. - Alija Izetbegovic
The forces that attack Bosnia will collapse, we won't. -Alija Izetbegovic
You can take my freedom, even my life, but not my idea. - Franjo Tuđman
Truth can be drawn with floods of lies. - Slobodan Milosevic

There. Some of my favorites. I'll try to find more.

I am working on it. In the last couple of weeks:
- created some tech teams for SLV/YUG
- reworked OOB for SLV
- reworked 10-day war
- reworked mobilisation events (still working on it)
- tweaked some units stats to make early CRO/BOS units less dangerous
- tweaked AI for RSK/RS to attack better in CRO
- working on JNA manpower events (JNA must borrow it from the Republics)

EDIT:
Started on famous quotes too... if you have anything that is very specific to the period post it here (in English) :)
My favourite for now: 'In history, good intentions do not always make good consequences' - Alija Izetbegovic

Great to see you Hogar! If you need any help just say it. I will be available to assist after my exam period is over which is in ca. 2 weeks.

Cool i got some really cool quotes by politicians in the 90's here:

Nationalism is bad, but Communism is even worse. - Radovan Karadzic
The saved Orthodox Church in Sarajevo, and the torched Mosque in Banja Luka, says everything about us and them. - Alija Izetbegovic
The forces that attack Bosnia will collapse, we won't. -Alija Izetbegovic
You can take my freedom, even my life, but not my idea. - Franjo Tuđman
Truth can be drawn with floods of lies. - Slobodan Milosevic

There. Some of my favorites. I'll try to find more.

Looks great Hazb but are you sure that these quotes are "real"? I searched the one from Karadzic and instead I found this version: "Bolshevism is bad, but nationalism is even worse." Own translation? :D

They are different versions reported. But i found that one. You can use the one that says Bolshevism and also change the superlatives for the ideologies just like you wrote. :)

Great to see you Hogar! If you need any help just say it. I will be available to assist after my exam period is over which is in ca. 2 weeks.
Thanks, I am working when there is time. Looking forward to see you in couple of weeks back here.

You have done that. I have merged national provinces. Honestly, you can do what ever you want. I will always merge a good peace of work. Play last version you have and if you see anything you can do just do it...

I have been battling AI this week trying to get Serbia properly into the game (as you wanted it). Frustrating job...

You have done that. I have merged national provinces. Honestly, you can do what ever you want. I will always merge a good peace of work. Play last version you have and if you see anything you can do just do it...

I have been battling AI this week trying to get Serbia properly into the game (as you wanted it). Frustrating job...

Have you tried to bring back Vojvodina and Kosovo to the game? It would be nice to have it like in the Armageddon version where the two regions existed from start but was later(in a week) annexed by Serbia. The point is that a player should be able to play as one of these regions from the start but I remember you said there were some AI problems when they existed. Do you think you can solve it now? :)

Have you tried to bring back Vojvodina and Kosovo to the game? It would be nice to have it like in the Armageddon version where the two regions existed from start but was later(in a week) annexed by Serbia. The point is that a player should be able to play as one of these regions from the start but I remember you said there were some AI problems when they existed. Do you think you can solve it now? :)

Issue with AI is that it doesn't want to station own troops on allied territory or loan troops to allies unless there is a war. If we put Serbia in charge of Vojvodina then Yugoslavia won't put its troops on Croatian border until start of the war. That is a bit too late as CRO runs deep into Vojvodina.
To bypass the problem I am now allowing Serbia to recruit some of own Territorial Defense to guard border with Croatia. Now, if we add Vojvodina into the mix complications will multiply. I am still working on getting balance back into the game with Yugoslavia on only one off map province and Vojvodina/Kosovo out of the game. I really want to move to Bosnian conflict(s) to release beta.
I promise I will once return to this option and work on Vojvodina AI, rework presidency events, JNA mobilisation, etc... (a lot of work just to add some flavour)...

I have also added some partisan activity to Kosovo to ensure Serbia/Yugoslavia keep troops in Kosovo and towards Albania.