• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gameplay.png

Did some testing and here are some of my opinions:

• RSK too strong in Northern and Southern Dalmatia
  • RS troops can cross over Sava in Dubica.
  • RS Western Slavonia is too weak and gets easily crushed.
  • YUG forces are too powerful in Eastern Slavonia.
  • RS takes over provinces near Dubrovnik. Would it somehow be possible that instead of RS taking over them, YUG does that?
  • Another thing I spotted was how the Slovenian war was very wrong. YUG takes over half of Slovenia's provinces but then the peace events sets in and suddenly SLO is a happy free country with no YUG troops inside its borders. Could this be changed by A) giving more units to SLO or B) lower the morale on the YUG forces?

Would it be possible to not have any alliance between RSK and RS? Or would that be too ahistorical?

• RSK too strong in Northern and Southern Dalmatia
  • RS troops can cross over Sava in Dubica.
  • RS Western Slavonia is too weak and gets easily crushed.
  • YUG forces are too powerful in Eastern Slavonia.
  • RS takes over provinces near Dubrovnik. Would it somehow be possible that instead of RS taking over them, YUG does that?
  • Another thing I spotted was how the Slovenian war was very wrong. YUG takes over half of Slovenia's provinces but then the peace events sets in and suddenly SLO is a happy free country with no YUG troops inside its borders. Could this be changed by A) giving more units to SLO or B) lower the morale on the YUG forces?

Would it be possible to not have any alliance between RSK and RS? Or would that be too ahistorical?

• My solutions.
  • If we go the historical way then this is normal cause most of these units moved south to RSK held provinces around the Bihac pocket.
  • No alliance for RS with RSK, but instead of that we can represent an "alliance" using events.
  • Well this is similar to the Dalmatia problem but we also need some ahistorical endings.
  • Events with Mobilization of local Croatians in these areas adding some more units and better ones like artillery or tank divisions.
  • Spawn and freeze units around Dubrovnik at the start of the war. (If we want 100% historical accuracy), deny YUG access trough RS and MON territory.
  • That never happened to me, whenever the war starts (i play it millions of times already) nothing happens in those 10 scripted days, only Slovenian units move to the border and **bam** the war is over and they are independent..
Just my ideas hahaha :D
:)

Cheers

Almost all my effort went to AI lately. I think I am getting lot more historical outcomes. Send me your files, I'll merge them and send you a new version.
I have increased the ground defence efficiency and lowered organisation. I have also given events to YUG to lose organisation due to officers. More below...
Thanks for a good response...

RSK too strong in Northern and Southern Dalmatia
I have made CRO AI lot more aware of that front. In latest tests that front held but RSK is still getting often close to Split and wins coast between Zadar and Sibenik.

RS troops can cross over Sava in Dubica.
I think they can cross Una there (not that deep, is it? and we had twice armies crossing it in the war). I am happy if you want to play with adj-defs.csv.
RS Western Slavonia is too weak and gets easily crushed.
CRO AI is now ignoring WS in favour of other places. Western Slavonia now survives.
YUG forces are too powerful in Eastern Slavonia.
Above mentioned changes have taken an edge from that advance. I se them almost never taking Osijek and Vinkovci.
RS takes over provinces near Dubrovnik. Would it somehow be possible that instead of RS taking over them, YUG does that?
All territories south from Slano (inclusive) should get passed to RS. Reason is that we cannot have another war between CRO and YUG in 1992 when historically Croatia reconquer them. What do we do here???
Leave them with YUG and have simply YUG passing them back for some belligerence or we give them to RS and get CRO to win them?

Another thing I spotted was how the Slovenian war was very wrong. YUG takes over half of Slovenia's provinces but then the peace events sets in and suddenly SLO is a happy free country with no YUG troops inside its borders. Could this be changed by A) giving more units to SLO or B) lower the morale on the YUG forces?
I am planning this indeed. At this point I just want to get to Bosnian war as that will draw the crowd :D. Slovenian war for me is just an obstacle to real thing. I agree with you entirely nevertheless.

I want this alliance to represent involvement of JNA troops in early fighting. When RSK goes into war with CRO RS will join immediately. This alliance is broken with the end of the war in Croatia.

Hi, may I help you something with modification? Such as ministers, or technology tree (if to be)

Welcome NVG,
Ministers are mostly sorted unless you have some first hand knowledge of some more obscure countries such as Western Slavonia...

At this point tech tree will be limited to land and air docs. There will be nothing in naval department. We are thinking to use one of tabs for national ideas...
I'll post screen shots there for people to see and please add comments. Until now I was looking at that area but would be glad to pass it on someone.

I notice this is your first post. Have you got some modding experience?

This is my first post because I do not have a code for Darkest Hour. And yes, I have experience in modding. But i dont have expirience with events...

Welcome NVG,
Ministers are mostly sorted unless you have some first hand knowledge of some more obscure countries such as Western Slavonia...

At this point tech tree will be limited to land and air docs. There will be nothing in naval department. We are thinking to use one of tabs for national ideas...
I'll post screen shots there for people to see and please add comments. Until now I was looking at that area but would be glad to pass it on someone.

I notice this is your first post. Have you got some modding experience?
Hey. What I can help? Maybe... Graphic part of mod, or tech tree and ministers, or divisions ang brigade names. I can do many things.

Thanks for the help offer. Hax is labour minister :)D). Let's see if there is anything he can pass you on.
There is lot of work required for naming divs/brigs so perhaps that is something you could do.

Thanks for the help offer. Hax is labour minister :)D). Let's see if there is anything he can pass you on.
There is lot of work required for naming divs/brigs so perhaps that is something you could do.

:) Ok. You have an Skype? Or this forum its our "Skype" :D

Just my ideas hahaha :D
:)

Cheers

Ideas are never bad! So if you got any other ideas, please share them with us! :)

Freak what would you like to do now? Do you think techs could be something for you?

Hey. What I can help? Maybe... Graphic part of mod, or tech tree and ministers, or divisions ang brigade names. I can do many things.

Do you maybe got some nice files with information of value or pictures for us? Do you know how to use PhotoShop?

Would you like to code unitnames? Most of the countries are lacking real names for their units and we think it's time that we fix that. :)

"Labour minister" :D

:) Ok. You have an Skype? Or this forum its our "Skype" :D

We don't use other communication methods except this forum. We are keen to keep our privacy, especially us who are connected with ex-Yu.

It looks like you have even older version of the game than Hax. We need to give you a newer one...
PM me the newer one, i'm gonna continue with improving the tech teams. Already made some stuff, results, probably this weekend already. :)
Ideas are never bad! So if you got any other ideas, please share them with us! :)

Freak what would you like to do now? Do you think techs could be something for you?
Yes, as stated above i'll focus on tech.

Last edited:

I have sent you a PM with information.

PM me the newer one, i'm gonna continue with improving the tech teams. Already made some stuff, results, probably this weekend already. :)

Yes, as stated above i'll focus on tech.

Alright I will soon send you the latest version(YW0615 Beta).

You have the last update, before the new release? I want to play, and enjoy the last game, someone have the last link or something...?

I would recommend to wait until we release a better version, the current one is still quite unplayable even if it's better than the version you got. I will also send you our latest version. Test it and see if you can somehow contribute to this mod. :)

Can I assume we are working on following things:
- Hax: tech pictures, tech team pics
- JRH: tech tree
- Freak: leaders and tech teams
- Hog: AI and starting Bosnian war

I've fixed the issue with the gun ships missing an icon or picture. Also, basic air_doctrine file was fixed to enable gun_ships/helicopters rather than naval bomer which is out of the game. This is mainly for you who will work on technology...

Code:
# #####################################
# AIR DOCTRINES	     	 #
# #####################################
technology = { 
      id          = 9
      category    = land_doctrines
      name        = TECH_AD_NAME # Localized name
      desc        = TECH_AD_DESC # Localized description
######################################
# pre yug war  
######################################
application = { # Civilian Air force 
    id	  = 9000
    name	= TECH_APP_AD_300_NAME
    position  = { x = 10 y = 300 }
    picture   = "noimage"
    year = 1992
    component = { id = 9001 name = TECH_CMP_AD_300_1_NAME type = rt_user_1 difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9002 name = TECH_CMP_AD_300_2_NAME type = avionics difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9003 name = TECH_CMP_AD_300_3_NAME type = management difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9004 name = TECH_CMP_AD_300_4_NAME type = small_unit_tactics difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9005 name = TECH_CMP_AD_300_5_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 20 }
    required  = { }
    effects = {
      command = { type = activate_unit_type which = strategic_bomber }
      command = { type = allow_building which = air_base }
      command = { type = enable_task which = air_supply }
    }
  }
application = { # Yugoslav Legacy 
    id	  = 9010
    name	= TECH_APP_AD_301_NAME
    position  = { x = 120 y = 300 }
    year = 1992
    component = { id = 9011 name = TECH_CMP_AD_301_1_NAME type = electronics difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9012 name = TECH_CMP_AD_301_2_NAME type = aeronautics difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9013 name = TECH_CMP_AD_301_3_NAME type = airborne_training difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9014 name = TECH_CMP_AD_301_4_NAME type = rt_user_1 difficulty = 20 }
    component = { id = 9015 name = TECH_CMP_AD_301_5_NAME type = industrial_engineering difficulty = 20 }
    required  = { }
    effects = {
      #command = { type = activate_unit_type which = multi_role } 
      command = { type = activate_unit_type which = cas }  
      command = { type = activate_unit_type which = strategic_bomber }  
      command = { type = activate_unit_type which = transport_plane }  
      command = { type = activate_unit_type which = tactical_bomber } 
      command = { type = new_model which = strategic_bomber value = 1 }
      command = { type = new_model which = cas value = 1 }
      command = { type = new_model which = tactical_bomber value = 1 }
    }
  }