• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would anyone have book 'The War in Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, 1991-1995' by Branka Magas? It might have some info which I need...

EDIT: It contains information on TO (territorial defence) for each republic.
This is what I know so far:

• Croatia - 200,000 armed men
    Kosovo - 130,000 men (looks high compared to Croatia)
    Bosnia - 229,000 armed men
    Slovenia- 100,000 armed men
    Yugoslavia total - 1,200,000 men
Does anyone have these numbers?

Last edited:
I have actually never heard of this book before. But it seems quite interesting and full of useful information.

Have searched the whole net to find somewhere we can download it but could find anything except this page but you have to pay to become a member.

Amazon and Google Books have some "Look inside" pages of this book.

Territorial_constitution_of_the_JNA_after_1988.png

Found in the example book.

[UPDATE] Just testing generic mobilisation decisions. We will have TO and Interior Ministry troops. Interior Ministry ministry mobilisation is driven by hawk lobby and lack of own TO (Croatia/Slovenia/Bosnia) while TO mobilisation is mix between war/interventionism/relationship. Some countries will be able to 'request' TO arsenal if it was already taken by JNA (think Krajina). Also, taking care of TO will cost you some money/supplies now.

Existing events are getting reworked to be trigged by the new decisions. Hopefully I can balancing won't be too difficult.

Sounds great! :) Are you balancing at the same time or will we do that later? Something I noticed when playing was that VRS had ahistorically too many units in the game so it was hard to defend all fronts when playing as Bosnia, especially the eastern parts therefore I think there should be given some troops there via events just like Sanski Most. In most scenarios those troops will be trapped so I wouldn't call it giving Bosnia free troops.

Will there be events for affecting the sliders or must the player do that automatically? What about the AI and sliders?

One more thing, do you really think Bosnia should be able to military control HVO? Would it not be more fun and historical if it was not given? I know I have asked you this but I think it's an important question.

I am balancing as I go. At the moment this is still Croat/Serb war in Croatia. It will eventually go to Bosnia. Unfortunately, changes I've made offset any existing balance.

VRS was given troops as if it was the end of 1992. Reason are the front lines in Bosnia. I'll need to add more troops to ABiH in some way and my main hope is MUP because I can't see where else they could come from. Croats are overpowered already.

I did not think ABiH should control HVO but if it does that is a consequence of some misfired event. When they remain allied HVO tends to fight in Sarajevo and Eastern Bosnia and evacuates Herzegovina. Looks weird and ahistorical. My preference is undeclared alliance (military access). We will also need to do something about some of HVO units and territories in 1993. I have some ideas...

I finally found the file where the 'capture the city' events are in the WiF mod. I have asked FernandoTorres(the creator of the mod and one of the developers of DH) if we can use them and he said we could gladly do it.

(Example)Fall of London:
Code:
# Londres
event = {
	id = 9000
	random = no
	country = ENG

name = VILLES_NAME
	desc = VILLES_DESC
	style = 0
	picture = "modgc"

trigger = {
		NOT = { control = { province = 19 data = -1 } }
		atwar = yes	
	}

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1936 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1950 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = dissent value = 15 }
		command = { type = supplies value = -2000 }
		command = { type = manpowerpool value = -10 }
	}
}
event = {
	id = 9001
	random = no
	country = GER

name = VILLES_NAME
	desc = VILLES_DESC
	style = 0
	picture = "modgc"

trigger = {
		control = { province = 19 data = GER }
		war = { country = GER country = ENG }		
	}

date = { day = 2 month = january year = 1936 }
	offset = 5
	deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1950 }

action_a = {
		name = "OK" 
		command = { type = dissent value = -15 }
		command = { type = supplies value = 2000 }
	}
}

Have saved the file so we can use it in the future but we should first finish some other prioritized tasks.

Hey guys, sry if i am not active at all. I am really gonna get busy as theres lots of exams, orals, and presentations to do now (not including the side classes). So I am probably wont do any modding for a while, tho ill try to follow when i can the progress of the mod (and its looking really great!). thx guys for continuing work on the mod, its brilliant!

Btw, DH events syntax makes it possible for you to bundle all these events into a single one.
You just need to use a lot of actions (one per city) and the proper action triggers.

Thanks for allowing us use events and idea! I'll look into it at some point.
Yeah, new syntax is really great. On one hand allows so much freedom, on the other hand scares people without programming knowledge to have a go at it. I guess that's a trade off.

Some progress over the weekend. Croatia seems to be able to hold off until September. At that point RS and YUG enter the war at which point it becomes a walkover.

IRL Croatia managed to extort a lot of weapons in the early days of war. In game those units are placed in build queue representing time required to organise units. However, for AI it looks like I'll just have to deploy them otherwise it takes too long for those units to make difference:
- AI deploys units in capital (Zagreb)
- Those units take time to reach front lines and by that time org is lost
- In some places (Karlovac, Zadar) Croatia is already split meaning that units only deploy to fronts close to Zagreb which leads to two problems:
-- unrealistic loss of Dalmatia and large parts of Slavonia
-- unrealistic gains in Central Croatia (Banija and Kordun)

I'll restructure those events and advise results.

- In some places (Karlovac, Zadar) Croatia is already split meaning that units only deploy to fronts close to Zagreb which leads to two problems:
-- unrealistic loss of Dalmatia and large parts of Slavonia
-- unrealistic gains in Central Croatia (Banija and Kordun)
I remember that I add in earlier versions, some sea and river connections along the Dalmatian coast to try avoid things like that. Dubrovnik could be linked to Zagreb by "foot", so troops can be deployed there.

Edit: saw this in the turning point mod thread the other day:
Hello! If anybody need Yugoslavian People's Army (JNA) OOB for 1989-1990, I found this pdf file. Might be useful
smile.gif

http://elektron.tmf.bg.ac.rs/user/bojan/JNA OOB.pdf
maybe it can be useful if we dont already have it as source.

I remember that I add in earlier versions, some sea and river connections along the Dalmatian coast to try avoid things like that. Dubrovnik could be linked to Zagreb by "foot", so troops can be deployed there.
It could be done now that we have real distances. However, it would still be a cheat so I'll try getting game to work without it. I had this balance established before but then other changes offset it.

maybe it can be useful if we dont already have it as source.
I've managed to get hold of copy of a Yugoslav Federation Succession conference in Geneva (?) which listed the most accurate JNA OOB. That OOB is now in the game. There are some axillary units still missing (border battalions, anti bacterial and chemical battalions and some other which had no combat value. Perhaps border battalions could be added...

I did not see any usage of classic AA systems. In fact they represent factories at the moment, haven't you noticed? :eek:

I've nearly managed to get a balance in the Croatian campaign. At this point Montenegro is giving me grief because it refuses to fight Croatia despite the war. I'll have to rework AI. I am nearly there now...
Then the real challenge begins... Bosnia war AIs...

I did not see any usage of classic AA systems. In fact they represent factories at the moment, haven't you noticed? :eek:

I've nearly managed to get a balance in the Croatian campaign. At this point Montenegro is giving me grief because it refuses to fight Croatia despite the war. I'll have to rework AI. I am nearly there now...
Then the real challenge begins... Bosnia war AIs...

Now when you say it I remember that you placed AA in Novi Travnik. I guess there were only mobile AA systems and no "stable" ones. Should we maybe just place them at factories, military airports and some larger cities?

Hogar, will there be any chance to attack across the Sava river or is that impossible? I know that you have "denied" the province links on both sides of the river but would it be possible to revoke that later when peace has been made?

I got mesage from Hogar. Im so pleased that mod is still alive. I will help of course. Anf yes, Hello to everyone. Long time no see.

Can be made some battlescenario also. Not just in scenario.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got mesage from Hogar. Im so pleased that mod is still alive. I will help of course. Anf yes, Hello to everyone. Long time no see.

Can be made some battlescenario also. Not just in scenario.

Welcome back Supaplex! It is really a long time since we spoke last time, I hope you have had a great time since then.

We need all the help we can get.

Btw didn't you get my PM?