• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anyone know how to add attachment to the force pool using an event?

Jrhindo? :D

Hogar do you have any idea of all how to do the 10 days war? Maybe just some JNA units that stationed in the beginning of the scenario but is removed via event when the peace talks start? If we can't have any battles maybe we can have locked JNA troops which will only "symbolize" the Slovenian war? Or is this not possible? What happens with locked units on a province when a new country gains independence on it? I mean one locked JNA brigade in Ljubljana, will it disappear or will it occupy the province from the new country?

I have now some free time and will try to focus on the mod. First thing is to install the new version! :D

There I certainly a way to model what you are saying. However, let's see what JRH can do before we start discussing this.
I will publish all the changes I've done so far in couple of hours. Use that as starting point.

The biggest change in comparison to last file is that YUG inherits RSK just after war starts. I just couldn't get YUG to fight that war. When you look at the historical facts this isn't all that wrong. We'll need to re-instate RSk after January 1992 peace accords.

I think land OOB is now 95% complete. I just can't get info what Croats did with tanks and other heavy weapons in terms of OOB after it got captured. It looks like it was dispersed with only 2-3 mech/arm battalions created. Hence my question about 'How to create attachments via event' to just give them a bunch of attachments. I also need to check elite gurds units because I have missed some. Hopefully after this we will have a nice balance although what I see now in most hands-off games is about 10-20% YUG overachieving.

In short: OOB changes, 81 events, ai changes, map links and province types changes, infra lowered to 40 for all provinces instead of 100, IC distribution...

Note that I've made some additional changes to map (province links) and I will actively start learning how to make map changes. I will want to have more provinces in places like Vukovar and Sarajevo.

Let me know what you think... file

Installation:
- DH 1.2
- JRH version 0.55 + DH conversion package
- rename root directory from YW0055 to Yugoslav Wars Beta 055
- extract this file and overwrite all changes

Last edited:
@JHR
Question 1: Do you know how to add attachment to the force pool using an event?
Question 2: Can you check YUG.inc file and figure out why air units cause crash? Make sure you use unit located in province with the existing airport (e.g. Zemunik).
Question 3: Croatian troops ran out of org in November. Can you see why?

Last edited:
I had 5 downloads! Somebody must be looking at what I've done. Anything you want to share :).

In the meantime I've created events to relocate YNA from Slovenia following 10 day war. I'll post this a bit later.

@JHR
Question 1: Do you know how to add attachment to the force pool using an event?
Question 2: Can you check YUG.inc file and figure out why air units cause crash? Make sure you use unit located in province with the existing airport (e.g. Zemunik).
Question 3: Croatian troops ran out of org in November. Can you see why?
1 I did some event tests and no apparently you cant add attachements to the force pool, only divisions can be added. If you add an artillery with the add_division command and even without any divisions attached, the game will add an infantry div to the artillery brig in the force pool.
2 Will have to check later. Does the game give any error info when it crash? About airports, the game can run if air units are not in airports. The air units will auto rebase to the nearest airbase when the game starts.
3 Not enough supplies? Not enough IC to make supplies? (so need to rebalance the units supplies consummation or bad IC distribution)

Edit: And btw vacation is not this week but next week, so i could be still a bit inactive in the mean time. sry

1 I did some event tests and no apparently you cant add attachements to the force pool, only divisions can be added. If you add an artillery with the add_division command and even without any divisions attached, the game will add an infantry div to the artillery brig in the force pool.
Thx. I'll figure something out.
2 Will have to check later. Does the game give any error info when it crash? About airports, the game can run if air units are not in airports. The air units will auto rebase to the nearest airbase when the game starts.
No crash info. CTD.
3 Not enough supplies? Not enough IC to make supplies? (so need to rebalance the units supplies consummation or bad IC distribution)
It has enough supplies at the moment and TC is artificially bloated. Load a game when you get time.
Edit: And btw vacation is not this week but next week, so i could be still a bit inactive in the mean time. sry
Whenever you can...

Here you are. This patch would suffice.

Thanks but it seems that it was already included when I downloaded Darkest Hour from GG.
I have now this checksum KPNA - Darkest Hour Full, is this the checksum that our mod is using?

Installation:
- DH 1.2
- extract this file and overwrite all changes

Can somebody please tell me what do you next?

I think that I have now DH 1.2, can somebody confirm the checksum, please?

I have downloaded this:
Let me know what you think... file
Hogars files.

??? What is the DH conversion package?
Have I downloaded the first thing, JRH version 0.55, is that what Hogar linked to?

:eek: :blink:

If you have DH that should be good enough. We don't use that scenario although my checksum is DQWR with Full and 1.02 patch.

Download latest YW0.55 version
Download hotfix for DH from here.
Download my work from here.

Extract last file somewhere and just copy folder by folder and overwrite everything in your YW0055 directory... It will be located somewhere like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Darkest Hour\Mods\YW0055

Good luck.

Alright, I have now installed, downloaded and opened the mod in DH.
The first thing I have to say is that you have done a GREAT job with the Croat and JNA OOB! Thanks!
It looks really nice but I have some ideas/complaints.

What has happened with the ministers?

Hogar could you please say again why the starting datum has been changed? Something with the RSK Arma problem?

Are the Croat military leaders randomly spread on the units or are they commanding the right (historical) ones?

I see you have removed almost all Croat airports, why? :) It took so long time for me to find every dirttrack in Croatia. :D

The mobilization events are great but I would like that we make them into more events. I mean not 1 big event but maybe 2-3 events every week, chop them up into smaller events. We also need to make some catchy but short descriptions for the events.

The music event in the beginning doesn't work.

Why does SFRY annex RSK?

Also Serbia never annex Kosovo and Vojvodina.

That was all I could remember for now, will try it our more later!

Hogar, what is the lowest units we are using right now? Battalion, brigade?
And what is the lowest military leader rank we are using? Brigadier- Brigadir?
Maybe we should have Colonel - Pukovnik?

What has happened with the ministers?
No Idea. I did not touch minister files.

Hogar could you please say again why the starting datum has been changed? Something with the RSK Arma problem?
I don't have a good reason for it any more. Initially I had mobilisation events in June but since we had very few units they were running like mad over the map. Hence I pushed the date to August when more units were around. In the end that wasn't woring either so I solved the problem by locking units. Locking also solved problem of having large formation unit confrontation before September which is wrong according to all sources I could find.
We can move date back (and we'll have to if we want Slovenian war) but I will need to rework CRO OOB and add missing units.

Are the Croat military leaders randomly spread on the units or are they commanding the right (historical) ones?
Not yet. I am gathering info. In the croatia.inc file you can see names next to units. We'll need to get those leaders into the game. Most are simply missing.

I see you have removed almost all Croat airports, why? :) It took so long time for me to find every dirttrack in Croatia. :D
I don't want to see MIGS on dirt fields. You need to convince me that you can make sure they won't land in corn fields. I haven't deleted info. It is still there inside the inc-file. Just needs to be commented back in.

The mobilization events are great but I would like that we make them into more events. I mean not 1 big event but maybe 2-3 events every week, chop them up into smaller events. We also need to make some catchy but short descriptions for the events.
I agree entirely. I was a bit lazy :(. Although we have a problem.
Example: In West Slavonia large conflicts started latest. If we wait deploying units there AI send units there from areas where units are already deployed (Split, Knin, etc...) In other words game mechanics can't handle it.

The music event in the beginning doesn't work.
No idea... did not touch it.

Why does SFRY annex RSK?
Game mechanics reasons. RSK troops will not fight if Krajina is SFRY and YUG troops will not fight if Krajina is RSK. They just sit there...
I was trying to solve the problem by transferring YNA to RSK but that proved to be difficult as i had to research every single unit and then transfer it from SFRY to RSK. Also, this is too deterministic.
In the end I decided to annex RSK which isn't all that ahistorical. That was was fought, financed and lead by SFRY. RSK only provided cannon fodder. On example, in East Slavonia majority of soldiers came from Serbia. JNA officially leaves RSK in April 1992, never to return.

Maybe someone can tell us how to get allies fight along each other. It wouldn't take long to change this at all.

Also Serbia never annex Kosovo and Vojvodina.
JRH was plying with something. I think they should be annexed. Kosovo should have reasonable risk revolt.

Hogar, what is the lowest units we are using right now? Battalion, brigade?
Battalion. Not enough brigades in the game. Also, game mechanics loves more troops rather then less. It needs stacks. Even with battalions it gets to have 2-3 units in the stack max.
And what is the lowest military leader rank we are using? Brigadier- Brigadir?
Maybe we should have Colonel - Pukovnik?
It seems we need to go with the lt. colonel. e.g. RSk will struggle to find enough colonels to fill all the battalions.

I am quite opened for any suggestions. If you wish to try an idea let me know I'll mode it to see how that works. At this point I wasn't to fuss about getting everything works either historically or gamewise perfect, because this is still in the trial and error stage.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've fixed some issues with the events and I've added few new once (YNA redeployment from Slovenia).
Please replace two old files with these... scenario file YUG.inc and event file hogars1.

At this point I feel I am nearing the limits of how far I am prepared to go on on my own. I hope you guys can find time to help out soon.

Cheers.

Thanks for answering on my questions! I have downloaded the two new files and will test them now.

Yes I understand you, I will start to work with this mod again! I will try to get the ministers back in game, fix sea- and airports for all countries and start with military leaders for Slovenia, RSK and SFRY(YNA).