• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for initiative!
I have just completed first tests with units based on regimental/battalion levels and it looks a lot better.
At the moment I an trying to achieve a balance until start of September when JNA openly sided with RSK and Croatian forces blocked garrisons.
Some pointers:
- JNA troops locked at the start of scenario
- JNA arming RSK
- JNA troops unlocked by event(s) when CRO blocks barracks (considering also unlocking if aggressive CRO)
- Lots of events to model barracks sieges
- lot more...

I am not looking at 10 day war at the moment. I am not good enough at modelling to manage that.
Hence I've moved scenario to 1/8/1991. First regimental size fighting happened at the beginning of September.
Screen-shots coming soon....

Hi,
I was looking at the regimental size conflicts. They started happening late August and early September, hence declaration of the war had to be pushed back. I moved start date so I don't have to wait for two months to see some action. Start Date can always be moved back and filled with events that will provide a taste of growing tensions.

Also we have to adjust to what game can handle. War where you have only a handful of units looks like a mad chase all over the map. It looks crazy!
I am building up troops through end of August. Regimental size conflicts started with blockade of barracks in September. When war breaks out there is enough troops available to form a stable front. Exact flow of events:
- starting with historical OOB at 1/8/91 for CRO, RSK and YUG.
- CRO independence (ahistorical date!)
- event to remove all JNA troops in CRO (confining to barracks)
- JNA troops in RSK are still in place
- CRO announcement of war on RSK, YUG joins RSK
- unlocking CRO and RSk troops
- CRO blockading barracks
- JNA troops unlocked, JNA trying end sieges
-- at this point I give JNA units to RSK because JNA troops fight own war, badly coordinating with RSK.
- events triggering barracks surrender/withdrawal/fight (historical choice only atm)
- when CRO gets spoils from above events it gets new units... that slowly balances out and stops JNA/RSK advance

In most games now until October JNA/RSK reach Zadar, Sibenik, Gospic and Sinj (I am only working on Dalmatian and Lika theatres atm). Often RSk manages to get to the coast between Zadar and Sibenik which is unhistorical but was very plausible.
I have also done IC distribution with resources to follow... I have also adjusted some unit speeds. With current set up they were moving too fast often getting encircled as a result.
I have also disabled production. It is screwing up balance at the moment. I am still not clear on how to manage historical build up (all through events, just production or combination).

My goal is to just put something out there. Once we have at least something working we can get back to it and change it to everyone's taste. I hope to finish something by Sunday.

P.S. This is a lot of work. It took me a good two weeks to get to this point. Most time went to the unit build up research. Bosnia is going to be a pure nightmare.

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?3ro7g7drptyll8g
Here is a pic where RSK is doing better then it did IRL. At this point, since Zadar and Sibenik haven't been taken, CRO starts getting reinforcements as barracks sieged in towns start surrendering. Several regiments are about to enter the fight that will make life hard for RSK.

At this point RSk is hit badly by having low IC which translates into low TC. Reinforcements and org gain is slow. I don't want to spend too much time on the balancing right now. I'll get barracks events done first and then post files.

Enjoy the view in the meantime...

Last edited:
no crashes using latest 055 DH version. ive noticed that old traits can cause problems with autosave loads. ive fixed that. it was one minister in serbian file.

no crashes using latest 055 DH version. ive noticed that old traits can cause problems with autosave loads. ive fixed that. it was one minister in serbian file.

Doesn't the game crash when RSK is a country for you?
I don't get crashes at all. It looks very stable to me although I've added lots of changes. This is DH version.

I am probably not going to finish what I intended since I had some unexpected things to take care of the IRL.
Soon, I promise...

@JRHINDO
I've made significant changes to OOC (inc files), some changes to existing events, adj-defs file, made units slower (militia/infantry and motorized divisions), prvince.csv (ic distribution)... However, I've created a new event file containing all the new events. I thought that will be easier for merger.
What is your preference when other people are making changes. What makes it easy to merge later on... Thx.

I will finish off resource distribution later next week. Where I am right now I don't have my yu-atlas.
I based IC distribution on BDP. I did not pay too much attention how IC is distributed within each republic. I've just chosen biggest cities and gave them some ICs. I'll get back to it later on.
This is what each republic got allocated:
BH 190, Montenegro 29, Croatia 381, Macedonia 85, Slovenia 250, Serbia proper 385, Kosovo 32, Vojvodina 150. Albania is on 0 (my mistake that will get fixed later).

I think I revealed all changes done so far.

What is your preference when other people are making changes.
Yeah keep making a new event files, the events can be moved later.

I will finish off resource distribution later next week. Where I am right now I don't have my yu-atlas.
I based IC distribution on BDP. I did not pay too much attention how IC is distributed within each republic. I've just chosen biggest cities and gave them some ICs. I'll get back to it later on.
This is what each republic got allocated:
BH 190, Montenegro 29, Croatia 381, Macedonia 85, Slovenia 250, Serbia proper 385, Kosovo 32, Vojvodina 150. Albania is on 0 (my mistake that will get fixed later).
Cool, thats nice. I think Vojvodina have too much IC, when Serbia stops the autonomy of Vojvodina then they will have too much IC.

Cool, thats nice. I think Vojvodina have too much IC, when Serbia stops the autonomy of Vojvodina then they will have too much IC.
I'll double check my calculations about Vojvodina. It was one of the more advanced regions.

I had a bugs to solve in my events and RL job has been more demanding than expected. Hopefully it won't be long.

Great job just keep working on this mode, if you need my help for something just say i will be glad to help you..

If you don't mind could you dig out a potential flavour events. Things like '... a parliamentary decision was made today...' just to give a feeling of growing tensions. Concentrate on CRO and RSK for the moment... Don't worry too much about writing an event, just get the date and appropriate text.
Concentrate on June '91 onwards... Cheers.

Are you doing this to DH too? Because on the mod topic at DH forum nobody gives updates...
Thats because updates needs to be produced before being introduced and released. And yes DH will be the main mod platform.
If you don't mind could you dig out a potential flavour events. Things like '... a parliamentary decision was made today...' just to give a feeling of growing tensions. Concentrate on CRO and RSK for the moment... Don't worry too much about writing an event, just get the date and appropriate text.
Concentrate on June '91 onwards... Cheers.
Maybe Knindza could look for more general flavor events? Maybe use wikipedia about Yugo Wars to find good incidents or scandals to be made into events.

Last edited: