• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What JR says, lol.

I don't really like DH style. It might be caused by me not being able to reproduce it, lol again.

I could make those shields'n'flags CW style if you wanted. :)

Regarding airports, oil plants and other helpful installations I can only say that I don't know a damn 'bout them. Absolutely.

I don't think DH fits either.

Everything said about CW was of course mere joking, if somebody couldn't get it. ;)

Guy's, it looks amazing, but i have few suggestions and i'm gonna prezent to you in croatian, it's little easyer to expreas my self i n that way.

Uredu, prvo i prvo ne bi bilo loše pomjeriti godinu pa umjesto da sama igra počinje 1990, započne negdje oko 1986 i slično, kao i originalni HoI 2. Druga stvar je izgled mape, svaka čast onome koji si je dao truda, ali ako bi se slova općina dala srediti bio bih zahvalan, neka je malo manje upadljiva boja. Treća stvar je vojska, dobro je poznato da na početku rata nijedna država osim same Jugoslavije niej imala svoju vojsku, morali su se sami organizirati kako su znali, ali opet ne bi bilo loše staviti par divizija čisto da se s nečim ima ratovati dok se nešto od divizija ne izgradi.

Thanks for posting!
I used google translator to read so tell me if i got something wrong.
Uredu, prvo i prvo ne bi bilo loše pomjeriti godinu pa umjesto da sama igra počinje 1990, započne negdje oko 1986 i slično, kao i originalni HoI 2.
Here you are saying that there is a bug? Or something bad happening at game start?
Must the damn old RSK bug. I thought this was fixed but no apparently :(
Druga stvar je izgled mape, svaka čast onome koji si je dao truda, ali ako bi se slova općina dala srediti bio bih zahvalan, neka je malo manje upadljiva boja.
Map colors too bright?
Treća stvar je vojska, dobro je poznato da na početku rata nijedna država osim same Jugoslavije niej imala svoju vojsku, morali su se sami organizirati kako su znali, ali opet ne bi bilo loše staviti par divizija čisto da se s nečim ima ratovati dok se nešto od divizija ne izgradi.
Yeah no armies for countries we know. We cant find precise documents about domestic forces for the yugos republics. Sometimes we find things like para military police but we cant use it for the game.

First of all I have to apologize because I thought that you have someone who understands the Croatian, or Serbian at least. Second thin i was saying is that you could change the starting year, move it bit earlier and put some events so that players can understand what hapend before war started. And the third and final thing, could you make name of provinces bit like in original HoI 2, more subtle. That is all from me.

Edit: in this link you have lots of information about events in that years, only problem is that it's all in croatian:

http://hr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspad_SFRJ

A few more years before the outbreak of the war could be good. The important thing for everyone to realize is that Yugoslavia was designed as a multinational state which made Serbia weaker than it really was by cutting off some parts of Serb populated areas like Krajina or Vukovar region in Croatia, Banja Luka region in Bosnia etc. The Serbs were the most scattered nation in Yugoslavia. When Croat and Bosniak (= which is basically an artificial nationality or at least more artificial than many others :-D) nationalists started to move towards separatism in late 80s they of course refused to hand over those regions which would have been probably controlled by Serbia if there was no multinational Yugoslavia. Slovenes had little problems because there were only small numbers of Serbs in Slovenia. So the Serbs faced the situation that the nation would be fragmented (which eventually happened). That is why Serb nationalists replaced Serb communists in Kosovo and Vojvodina ("anti-bureaucratic revolution") in 1988 - to gain ground in Serb populated areas. And this triggered the real steps to Slovene and Croat separatism which peaked at the 14th Congress of League of Communists of Yugoslavia in 1990 which Slovenes and Croats boycotted because they didn't have majority of votes to pass resolutions which could lead to indepedence.

The Yugoslav army was of course trying to stop separatism and could quite easily crush the separatist paramilitary units but Milosevic and others were worried because they could be labeled as aggresors by Germany, Italy, Vatican and other countries interested in dissolving Yugoslavia (the UK and USSR/Russia were not among them but were too weak at the time to oppose Germany and US). So they had to rely on paramilitary forces as well and supported radicals like Karadzic (whose father was a chetnik) and others. So I agree with Kava, the separatists had basically no armies, it was police, hastily recruited militia and of course mujahideens and cold blooded mercenaries from all around the world, many of them equipped by Hungarian arms, paid in DM (Deutsche Mark) and trained secretly in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. So remember, this was no regular conflict, it was a dirty civil war which involved much foreign intervention. The conflict is so recent and media are so censored nowadays that it is quite challenging to see reality behind the smoke screen of spin doctored news.

At least for me, it is clear that the dissolution was bad for all common people of former Yugoslavia. I mean what was the point of fighting for Croatian independence when the country is going to join EU as Austrian-Italian puppet? You will become the second class member which provides cheap labor and which is forced to destroy its own industry. I know this very well because Czechoslovakia was high tech producer before 1990 (including nuclear reactors(! - how many companies can do that now? - Westinghouse, Areva, Atomstroj, maybe a few others), aeroplane motors, hydroplant generators, arguably the best small arms of the world, unique radar technologies - all sold, destroyed and replaced by NATO junk and cheap labor assembly lines for Volkswagen-owned Škoda works). In Yugoslavia the Croats were stronger than they will ever be in already crumbling EU. The dissolution of Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia created a power vacuum in the Central Europe and the Balkans which was quickly filled by newly united Germany, all of this caused by the unprecedented self-destruction of the USSR and its withdrawal from Berlin to the outskirts of Sankt Petersburg. Its simple as that but it will take at least a few decades when it will be formulated like that in history books. Mostly because it involved piles of corpses and many interested parties which are still in power.

Last edited: