• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
:(
" Tito sought to improve life. Unlike others who rose to power on the communist wave after World War II, Tito did not long demand that his people suffer for a distant vision of a better life. After an initial Soviet-influenced bleak period, Tito moved toward radical improvement of life in the country. Yugoslavia gradually became a bright spot amid the general grayness of Eastern Europe."
—The New York Times, May 5, 1980

And then Yugoslavia became very dark!

Hi everyone,
haven't been here for ages, but it looks good what you are doing and can't wait for the mod to be released.

However, I wanted to ask you couple of questions:

Firstly what are the ranks in yw mod and what are the lowest i mean is it going to be brigades or battalions? In hoi3 there are 5 ranks is it the same in yw mod? Also is it possible to change names for military ranks because you didn';t have fieldmarshalls in yugoslaw wars.
(what you need to have like for example Bosnian war the highest is: corps, then operation group, then divisions, brigades and then battalions so there are no armies like in the second world war)

Secondly i started doing the bosnian military leaders in the wordpad file, wanted to ask you what to do with this:

Mehmed Alagic;546001;BOS;1993;1993;1990;1990;3;3;4;0;0;5;0;L546001;1993;2000;x (Mehmed Alagic enters the war in january 1993 but he is only commander of the operational group, then at the end of that year in 1993 like in september or october he becomes commander of the 3rd corps and then of the 7th corps in 1994, because i know in hoi3 you can write dates like 15.01.1993 and then his next rank in 1.10.1993, but how do you do it here in yw mod, because all i see is years and no day or month)

Thirdly wanted to let you know that i have scanned over 140 photos of bosnian commanders during the war, plus there are going to be over 500 commanders which i have information about their names and ranks and where they were like brigades, og, corps, battalions. What i wanted to ask you what are we going to do with the commanders that we can't find the pictures? It would be a good idea to do some paint jobs like draw ranking fantasy pictures and add them to commanders like in the game victoria where generals have fantasy pics.

Fourthly is there any chance or are you thinking of doing this for hoi3, like transfering (is it possible) because it really would be great for that game?

Could anyone answer this questions, hax or anybody else...

Hi how are you doing?
Firstly what are the ranks in yw mod and what are the lowest i mean is it going to be brigades or battalions? In hoi3 there are 5 ranks is it the same in yw mod?Also is it possible to change names for military ranks because you didn';t have fieldmarshalls in yugoslaw wars.
(what you need to have like for example Bosnian war the highest is: corps, then operation group, then divisions, brigades and then battalions so there are no armies like in the second world war)
Lowest is Colonel and Highest is General (Army General/Four Star General/Colonel General). In HoI2 theres only 4 ranks.

Secondly i started doing the bosnian military leaders in the wordpad file, wanted to ask you what to do with this:

Mehmed Alagic;546001;BOS;1993;1993;1990;1990;3;3;4;0;0;5;0;L546001;1993;2000;x (Mehmed Alagic enters the war in january 1993 but he is only commander of the operational group, then at the end of that year in 1993 like in september or october he becomes commander of the 3rd corps and then of the 7th corps in 1994, because i know in hoi3 you can write dates like 15.01.1993 and then his next rank in 1.10.1993, but how do you do it here in yw mod, because all i see is years and no day or month)
AFAIK We can only put years in HoI2.
Thirdly wanted to let you know that i have scanned over 140 photos of bosnian commanders during the war, plus there are going to be over 500 commanders which i have information about their names and ranks and where they were like brigades, og, corps, battalions. What i wanted to ask you what are we going to do with the commanders that we can't find the pictures? It would be a good idea to do some paint jobs like draw ranking fantasy pictures and add them to commanders like in the game victoria where generals have fantasy pics.
Thanks for making the Bosnian Leaders, I think Hax did work a bit on this so you should contact him. Good idea for the random general picture. Maybe there should be a random pic for Slovenes-Croats, Serbs-Macedonians, Bosnian-Albanian. (Not saying they look alike, just simpler to not have hundreds of random pics for each nations)
Fourthly is there any chance or are you thinking of doing this for hoi3, like transfering (is it possible) because it really would be great for that game?
Dunno what Hax would say but it think theres very low chance for that. We plan to release a fully functional final version of the mod for Arma, then move to DH.

Hi El-Fatih! :)

Firstly what are the ranks in yw mod and what are the lowest i mean is it going to be brigades or battalions? In hoi3 there are 5 ranks is it the same in yw mod? Also is it possible to change names for military ranks because you didn';t have fieldmarshalls in yugoslaw wars.

I think we have talked about this but can't remember when, as there were no real divisions on the Balkans brigades would suite much better and I think that will be the only military unit. It's possible to change name of a unit from division to brigade ;)

The military is like JRHINDO said Colonel --- General. I don't know what comes between them :)

Great job! :) But as you maybe know in the scenario it's 1091 not 1991 or it won't work. And it's a pity but presicly date is impossible, only year works. I don't know if it's possible via event to change a military leader to a sertaine unit but if that doesn't work we can see Dudakovic fighting in Sarajevo and vice versa for somebody in Sarajevo historically. I don't know if the AI will remove a military after getting it from start.

I think battalions are to small and a such little military leader rank is not possible to command a brigade but we can put them as skill 0. Well the picture sounds good but I don't know who would make them and I wouldn't like them to be to much fantasy. If somebody wants to do it then you are free to do it. :)

I won't do that, we will focus on Darkest Hour instead :)
And I think the map wouldn't work in HoI3 :(

Ok I understood you both what you've said.

About the years, Hax you are saying that when we write years it should be 1091 instead of 1991, what about 2000 is it like 1100 or something else? (What is the end year of this scenario 2000 or 1999?)
I've checked the ranks i BiH Army during the war year and they go like this:

Army General - Armijski General
Division General - Divizijski General
Brigadier General - Brigadni General

Colonel - Brigadir
Lieutenant Colonel - Pukovnik
Major - Major
Captain - Kapetan

Which ones do we use, is it the first four ranks like between Colonel - Army General or in the middle like Major - Brigadier General?

Example Mehmed Alagic who was commander of 3rd and 7th Corps was at the end of war Brigadier General and i think Brigadier General should be the highest in our game, but maybe i'm wrong.
So here is example of Alagic and please check if this is alright, so i can continue:
Mehmed Alagic;546001;BOS;1090;1091;1093;1095;3;3;4;0;0;5; 0;L546001;1090;2000;x (Where do you find Traits in the folders???)

For the HOI3, would it be possible that me and Gukan do the map for game maybe try to transfer or to do a new map and we don't have to hurry, i mean ofcourse if Gukan wants to do it, i would do it only if i knew with what programs and how. I mean i would love to play this game more on HOI3 than this one because i like the graphics and military setup on HOI3. Ofcourse the YW mod for HOI3 would not affect this mod for Arma or Doomsday, i would just try to do a new map with somebodys help.

Also can somebody explain to me step by step how to make pics for the leaders, i have the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and i used to do the Victoria mil. pics in this program and it worked, but i don't know how to do for HOI2 or even HOI3.

About the years, Hax you are saying that when we write years it should be 1091 instead of 1991, what about 2000 is it like 1100 or something else? (What is the end year of this scenario 2000 or 1999?)
Yes.

Colonel - Brigadir
We will use the above ranks. Because of HoI2 limitations we cant have a fully functioning chain of command like in HoI3. Also any unit smaller than a brigade cant be well simulated by the HoI2 engine. So we are stuck to use this.

Leader traits here: http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/index.php/Leader_Traits
For the HOI3, would it be possible that me and Gukan do the map for game maybe try to transfer or to do a new map and we don't have to hurry, i mean ofcourse if Gukan wants to do it, i would do it only if i knew with what programs and how. I mean i would love to play this game more on HOI3 than this one because i like the graphics and military setup on HOI3. Ofcourse the YW mod for HOI3 would not affect this mod for Arma or Doomsday, i would just try to do a new map with somebodys help.
Unless Hax disagree, you are free to try to make a YWmod for HoI3!
Also can somebody explain to me step by step how to make pics for the leaders, i have the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 and i used to do the Victoria mil. pics in this program and it worked, but i don't know how to do for HOI2 or even HOI3.
Pretty similar in HoI2 than in Victoria! The leaders and ministers are in 'X:\HoI2 DDA\gfx\interface\pics' If you want to create random pictures manualy, use them as models. I would have preffered that you use a picture of a random bosnian/serb/croat/... soldier or officer to use for leaders with no picture.

*emerges from the shadows*

I would have preffered that you use a picture of a random bosnian/serb/croat/... soldier or officer to use for leaders with no picture.

I'd rather use teh flag or teh CoA or teh army emblem.

*vanishes in the shadows*

50285_272396358171_1287628_n.jpg

Well I don't think Gukan is interested to create a new map, especially for HoI3 but that's what I think maybe he would be very glad to make it.
But as JRHINDO said I will allow you to do the mod for HoI3 but I won't be able to help you with anything expect advise and material.

*emerges from the shadows*

I'd rather use teh flag or teh CoA or teh army emblem.

*vanishes in the shadows*

I like that idea also better then the fantasy pictures. Would be better I think.

Colonel - Brigadir

That's the ranks HoI2 Arma - DH Yugoslav Wars mod will use! :cool:

El-Fatih all those smaller military leaders who are lower then Colonel - Brigadir, shall we use them or not? We can use them but with 0 skill and "fantasy" or CoA picture if there is lack of picture.

I was looking through my book library and found this, which i didn't think about it before, but we could have our fantasy pics for our mil. leaders like this:

So the fantasy pic for the JNA officer could be like this:

Here are Slovene forces (1991) pics:

Example of Slovene officer:

Serbian Militias (Croatia, but could be used in Bosnia and we could use this pics):

Croatian Forces 1991:

Examples of Croatian officer and Croatian HOS officer: