• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ondis, thank you for the feedback and the ideas!

Change left-right wing slider to something like civil libertarian-conservative or progressive-absolutist.

Change national relations, manually. Croatia shouldn't have +2 with Serbia just cause it's "close" ideologicly.

Fix the thick black lines.

For the future I also belive that if possible alliances should be made impossible from the diplomatic screen. Instead they should only be possible to form through scripted event. (So that people don't go on influencing Serbia as Albania or something and conquer the whole of Yugoslavia, I mean sure - freedom for all to do what they want in the game - but I think this is just stupid for this mod. Also the AI could do unrealistic things like this with the massive IC the countries get.

Otherwise I like it. Also if you want add that it is compatible with AoD - at least if no techs and units isn't a bug.

The first three things can TW do if he thinks they contribute to the mod!
About alliances, you will be able to make alliances ans such but of course then you won't play historically, so if you want to play historical, then you shall just follow the events;)

About AoD, let's wait for some more playable versions;)

About Western Bosnia, well they will be in alliance with RS some periods.

NO MORE ADDING OF PROVINCES ON THE MAP! ;)
NATO will be there like a off-map country but not single countrys like Italy and Russia. But of course there will be events that gives Serbia Russian volunteers and same with Bosnian weapons from Middle East;)

The borders are a map issue and it need the map to be redone province by province by adding a "grey" layer and of course it would be lighter if we used seperated lines for provinces (as in vanilla) instead of current, but that's a lot of extra work and I'm not sure our legendary mapmaker would like to do such a drastic change.q

Your suggestions about changing the politcal scheme sounds good and I mod it in for next version to see if it's "better", accepted by rest of the crew.

The relationship I haven't touched yet (because I know not so much, so that you have to tell me, so I can mod in)

Regarding alliances, don't think you could stop parts of it. Perhaps excluding it by making it so expensive, that you can't afford to actually propose alliances, but all alliances etc will be handled by events and if the player won't to go ahistorical, it should be able to (after all, it's a game) but 99% of time, it should go historical if you don't intervente with the historical path. That's myu visision at least.

But at the same time I think it would be to complicated. Bosnia is already divided in 2 if not 3 parts. I don't think the HoI2 engine and what this game has to offer is well developed enough to host such a complicated conflict as a fourth faction, which owed its existance to so many factors that can't be simulated in the game. Hearts of Iron 3 could PERHAPS do it a little better.
This is a perfect example of things that Pdox failed to do in HoI3.

Hax, here is something i was trying to do. I've done some national provinces in Bosnia, mainly in Krajina. I was looking at the demographical statistics of the towns in 1991 population census.
The dark red squares is Bosnian Serb national provinces.
The dark green squares are Bosnian Muslim or Bosniak national provinces.
The dark blue squares are Bosnian Croat national provinces.
The Purple squares is Zapadna Bosna or Abdic national provinces. (I was thinking to add Varoska Rijeka also, but you decide:))

Where you see Serb national provinces there should be Rep Srpska rebellion in april 1992, i mean on the beginning of the war.

So here is the map:

If you like this, then i will continue. I mean this is easy for later when you want to do the national province.:D

The map isnt correct at all.

In version 0.2 will it be other countryes, and events, and people in FB group asking me how long it would take to be realised version 0.2?

Does somebody make Herceg bosnia province borders, or I must do..???

The borders are a map issue and it need the map to be redone province by province by adding a "grey" layer and of course it would be lighter if we used seperated lines for provinces (as in vanilla) instead of current, but that's a lot of extra work and I'm not sure our legendary mapmaker would like to do such a drastic change.q

Your suggestions about changing the politcal scheme sounds good and I mod it in for next version to see if it's "better", accepted by rest of the crew.

The relationship I haven't touched yet (because I know not so much, so that you have to tell me, so I can mod in)

Regarding alliances, don't think you could stop parts of it. Perhaps excluding it by making it so expensive, that you can't afford to actually propose alliances, but all alliances etc will be handled by events and if the player won't to go ahistorical, it should be able to (after all, it's a game) but 99% of time, it should go historical if you don't intervente with the historical path. That's myu visision at least.

Accepted:)

Yes I have same view TW, you should stick for the events if you want a historical mod.

The map isn't correct at all.

Well mostly it is I think.

Ok, i've done the whole map. The provinces are 90% accurate, with the majorities of the nationalities. Some provinces i had to sacrifice and give to the second bigest nationality like for instance "Zepce", the town was mainly Bosnian Muslim, but the villages were Croatian, and because on the beginning of the war Croat Party HDZ took control of that city i gave it to the Croatians. As for "Foca" the town's majority was Serb about 7,000 and Bosnian Muslims were only about 5,500, but the villages and small towns in that Municipality were mainly Bosnian Muslim like I did with "Jelec", "Tjentiste", etc.. But I still think we should give Foca to the Bosnian Muslims.

Attention: All of these provinces i've done using demographical statistics of the municipalities and towns, therefore they are more than 90% accurate. But it doesn't mean that on beginning of the war in Bosnia in april '92 all provinces that had Bosnian Muslim majority would go to the Bosnian Government, because remember some provinces like "Brcko", "Prijedor", "Doboj", etc. were controlled already by the JNA (Yugoslav National Army).

I was thinking about that, but on the beginning Mostar was united, maybe we could do a event that makes Novi Mostar a Croat national province. I don't know, we'll see :D...

We need to decide if we are going to go after historical division during the first year or rebellion according to majority.

If we go rebellion according to majority the map will look very different than it did in reality. This is because Zapadna Bosna shouldn't exist and many provinces stayed in part of Bosnia because they either couldn't or didn't want to rebell or simply saw them selves as bosnians despite being orthodox or catholic.

Also in a few places in republika srpska they were surrounded by serbs and rebelling would be suicide. (See eastern Bosnia.)

So that is number one.
This is for example important for the part of Mostar being discussed.

Further more I belive that the map above isn't exacly correct. Though it's not bad. There were larger serb majorities in the north, especially near republika krajina (except for the purple sapadna Bosna areas and a little bit south). Croatia should perhaps have a few more areas in the south and more central areas should be bosniak.

But it's ok. It's fairly even anyway, details aren't that important since there is an order of battle anyway and more troops in less provinces or fewer troops in more provinces doesn't matter.

What we need to decide is if the counties rebell depending on history or on majority.

I was thinking about that, but on the beginning Mostar was united, maybe we could do a event that makes Novi Mostar a Croat national province. I don't know, we'll see :D...

Well every country will not have cores on rebel independent countrys but if they manage to conquer it back, events will come to to winning country which gives them cores on whole former land.

GOOD NEWS: My computer is repaired and now I can start to work more!

As per Hax's request, I modified the maps to include Mostar rather than Bijeljina. The map with neighbour countries is updated in post 3813, and here's the map with just Yugoslavia:

yugowars2.png