• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A quick draft on what's next (my two cents):

HIGH PRIORITY
MEDIUM PRIORITY
LOW PRIORITY

- Naming all the provinces in provinces.csv (Supaplex?)
- Setup starting scenario; fix the politics, incorporate starting ministers, treaties, alliances and such (me?)

- Name all provinces on the map (Gukan?)
- Fix all minister_XXX.csv (Hax and bad_haggis?)
/ The ministers for those nations that exists at game start that are in cabinet (Hax?)

- Do initial events for starting wars (no game without some action to it)

You heard the man, that's our plan, if you don't understand or don't know please say it here and we will answer;) And yes I can take the .csv files for the ministers;)

Also, somethings that MUST be thought trough before we're getting into modding provinces.csv / units / OOB's etc:

- How will we handle IC? Like now where every nation has like 700 IC and spams massive amounts of units or lower it?
- How will we handle units? We had the discussions earlier (me and amallric mainly over at bopworld, but nothing decided by the mod high council)
- How will we handle warfare? Quick battles á la vanilla or dragged out battles (á la TRP/WIF).

IC, beacuse there is little information of exact numbers we should use the BMP and split it for all countrys. And then change so it looks realistic with the IC for every country!

Units, well I thought that you would decide that I don't have a clue about military and modding possibility.

Dragged out as that's most realistic for guerilla warfare like mostly wars in YU but then of course it would be good if you could switch that in late Croatian War with Operation Storm and same with the Operation Sana for RBIH.

we can search how many factoryes each country have. off course one factory one IC.

What do you think.

Well we can't choose every factory, like food or shoe factory's.

Supaplex a mission for you:
Count all votes for the font of provinces, please do that and show your result here;)

I know why Amallric give up after seeing his province-names file.

All you know partitions provided by El-Fatih come with something extra... the names on the provinces. It was a huge work made by him. Amallric decided to use his own criteria to fill the province-names.csv file. As soon as i showed map with names (based on El-Fatih work of course, i didn't know Amallric has another plan), he felt that his work was a waste...
So, all i have to say is: Amallric, thanks for all the work you made to help this map to come to a good port, I'm sorry you wasted your time with the file and i understand you pulling out of the mod. I will not try to disuade you about this, only hope that you at least test the mod when Hax/TBW decide to release it. And that i hope to see you writing here at least to give some ideas/opinions.

From now, i will be the only one to do the file and to write over the map. We don't want this to happen again, and the mod is playable without this names showing. Harder to play but playable and we are talking about beta 0.1! so go on and lower the priority ;)

As a guide to setup the mod, you can look here the maps posted by El-Fatih and decide where industries, countries and armies must be set:
Sandzak
Vojvodina
Macedonia
Kosovo
Serbia
Slovenia
Albania
Croatia
Bosnia

The offer made by mumia is great. If we finally decide to use the trixiplan fonts we must go with this one.

I will be working on the province-names.csv while you decide what fonts must be used.

Second win

Gukan: mod is playable without this names showing. Harder to play but playable and we are talking about beta 0.1! so go on and lower the priority

Please hax do it.

Last edited:
In group on FB i sent this: If you want to help find how much factories every country have in 1991.We need this for IC. One factory , one IC

Hi, if somebody can give me all map with id numbers on imageshack but please biger size, i could write all the province names on csv folder and like that i would help Gukan and everyone else...

El-Fatih I think that Armallic doing Provicne ID, but since he dont want to help any more, I dont know wher is he stop to doing ID.He diidnt give any picture.

PS I give you map with ID

Supaplex thanks for the posting, but i thought if you have all the map with ids so i would just write province names down, but i just saw that Gukan wrote that he is going to do it. Gukan if you need help just tell me...

I know why Amallric give up after seeing his province-names file.

All you know partitions provided by El-Fatih come with something extra... the names on the provinces. It was a huge work made by him. Amallric decided to use his own criteria to fill the province-names.csv file. As soon as i showed map with names (based on El-Fatih work of course, i didn't know Amallric has another plan), he felt that his work was a waste...
So, all i have to say is: Amallric, thanks for all the work you made to help this map to come to a good port, I'm sorry you wasted your time with the file and i understand you pulling out of the mod. I will not try to disuade you about this, only hope that you at least test the mod when Hax/TBW decide to release it. And that i hope to see you writing here at least to give some ideas/opinions.

Ohh.. Alright, Thank you Amallric for all the help!
When in the darkest moments you where there and you have helped A LOT this mod, and I want to personally thank you for the NATO minister, THANK YOU! You will always be remembered here, therefore you will always be written in the crew and your name will be shown in the credits!
One more time thank you!

HERBY I DECLARE YOU PROMOTED ONE RANK! YOUR NEW RANK IS GENERAL!

From now, i will be the only one to do the file and to write over the map. We don't want this to happen again, and the mod is playable without this names showing. Harder to play but playable and we are talking about beta 0.1! so go on and lower the priority ;)

Alright, better to have one person then 2-3 I think because if there is more then 1 then will it be chaos of the text. Maybe if you send it to each others and work a bit and then send it back and so on go forward and back to the person.

The offer made by mumia is great. If we finally decide to use the trixiplan fonts we must go with this one.

I will be working on the province-names.csv while you decide what fonts must be used.

Could you please write on a province and see how it looks with Trixieplain, if looks good in-game and we confirm it, I will then give you green light to continue;)

Second win

First let's see how it looks in-game;)

+1!

Beta =/= gold

Alright;) I will give a better answer later!

Hi, if somebody can give me all map with id numbers on imageshack but please biger size, i could write all the province names on csv folder and like that i would help Gukan and everyone else...

Ask Gukan if you and him can do as I said earlier in this post. But it's Gukan choice;)

SOON OUR PRE-ALPHA VERSION WILL BE RELEASED!!!

Yesm thank God. hax can you post some screenshot, and Did you write scenario for RSK?

Here is Map to help you

krajina.jpg

A good documentary of War in Yugoslavia but mostly in Bosnia.
It's 1 hour long;)

P.S. The first BETA will be released Sunday;)

I've watched millions of documentaries, but none of them was so "one sided" like this one you promoted! No wonder, because it was made by Bosniaks. Hides all tons of Bosniak crimes over the non-Bosniak civilisation.
If you would like to find out something about Yugoslav wars, i'd prefer watching an American documentary. Although Americans weren't neutrals in the war, i'd still say this American documentary is no1; here's the links:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=4070033

(part1)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4070552

(part 2).

Cheers.

PS. Hax, can you tell me what are the daily manpower risings in different countries in this mod?

Okey, lads. I'm in charge of setting up the initial relase of Yugoslav Wars 0.01 which will be released on sunday.

Please bear in mind that, a 0.01 relase is far from the project going gold or for that sake, even beta. Think of it as an prealpha/early alpha release.

But the 0.01 will contain the new map (- names on the map / provincenames); a starting scenario with the actual ministers in the cabinet of 1th june 1991; domestic policies set up; a new-but-not-yet-fully-covered-gfx-set; (flags, shields, counters, a few skins, colorschema) a few events and some other smaller modifications.

For 0.02, the hope is to include all those things planned to be included the initial relase, but isn't, like names on the map, included nations that are not in from the start of the june 1991-scenario etc.

But now to my question to you; do you have anything (like music, gfx etc etc) that are ready to be implented and that you'd like to see implented into the 0.01 relase on sunday?

If so, PM me the files (working or almost working, my time is rare in the weekend) and I include it and it will be sent to Hax on sunday for Hax to decide wheter to release / not release.

Over and out.

PS. Hax, can you tell me what are the daily manpower risings in different countries in this mod?

Since the MP-layout isn't done and we're still using vanillas province.csv (that defines how much manpower that is in a province), you better ask that question a bit down the road when a design decision is taken on that point because manpower affect very much (how much will a unit cost? 10mp? 100mp?1000mp?) so it's later down the road.