• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suggest that we stop the work on the mod for now to resume it later. Its not fair that Gukan is doing everything alone. But so far I'm unable to help because of a lack of time.

No, if we stop now then everybody will just lose more interest to later do so I would just that we work in low speed. I will see what I can help on the map.

Agree with supaplex. Doing so many provinces was a mistake and a great amount of time was lost but now it's too late. If we start to merge again it will only make us lose even more time. Let's go with what we have.

Agree with supaplex. Doing so many provinces was a mistake and a great amount of time was lost but now it's too late. If we start to merge again it will only make us lose even more time. Let's go with what we have.

But maybe if we merge just eastern Serbia who have many provinces and no wars were there we could later then save time on OOB makings.
Please start discuss things what should be improved and such things, because when you do that everybody are modding more happier:p

No OOB has nothing to do with that. At the point where we are now, 100 provinces less will not change anything. If we went to 100 provinces in total, then it could influence OOB indeed, but not if we just merge a couple provinces. Splitting was an error in the first place but now go on, just another little effort and we'll be done with the map. We just must do it, and not begin to stop, discuss, make new plans and so on. Just go on and get that map done!

ASS!!!!

My freaking paint crashed and I have to put ID numbers to 30 privinces again!

I agree with the wise comments made by mr Amallric.

Gukan,

I dont in anyway mean to dispresepct you in any way and I certainly don't doubt that the map won't be done nor how good the map will be.

But I hope that everyone understand how much work it will be once the map is done. Than the real modding begins and as I said to Hax in a PM;

Ministers, leaders (unusable considering the type of units that should/will/must be used), songs, gfx and all that kind of stuff is nice, kinda like the + in A+ but it's the game people will play and therefore what will take time is to distrubute resources, balance, bug hunting, coding, doing models, AI... And let keep it upright: Paradox had a whole bunch of proffesional payed developers to come up with HOI2 and have had lots of time to develop it further via patches and expanisions... To that, many experienced modders have further developed the game with a "complete" overhaul; like CORE, TRP, WIF, etc... How long did it take for them? Several years and non of them have going final but still in some way or another, have AI issues, balance issues, etc (but are still often a huge improvment to vanilla!) so please forgive me for being a bit rude but how many are skilled, experienced and ready to put week after week and perhaps in a far distant, say in one year, have something that could resemble a beta...

I do agree with it was a mistake to increase the size of the map and provinces; we went for historical realism instead of gameplay and sad to say, it gotta be a mix of them both. Take a look of the Vietnam war mod; they managed to increase the number of provinces, take another type of war and still make it very good as well as historical within the HOI2 enginge. But either way, I think we're far beyond that point and it would such to throw all the hard work made by first and foremost Gukan regarding the map, so I don't know and like someone earlier said, with AOD released, there's about 0,1% interest in HOI2 and it subforums now... Perhaps the "best" way to gain some new contributors, PR, etc is to port to AOD and then, if possible, make an HOI2/DD/Arma friendly version later on...

Well, time will tell and this is just my 5 cents...

So what shall we do?
Continue the mod with a jump on AoD or abandon it?
As I am not so exciting to do a mod which will take a year to complete for a single beta.

so please forgive me for being a bit rude but how many are skilled, experienced and ready to put week after week and perhaps in a far distant, say in one year, have something that could resemble a beta...

How many is the question?

Im for that that we take AOD, and stay with that number of provinces.If we need year for single beta, we can wait.But I cant psot to AOD because I dont have registrated game.

Last edited:
So what shall we do?
Continue the mod with a jump on AoD or abandon it?
As I am not so exciting to do a mod which will take a year to complete for a single beta.

I don't care. I contributed because it's fun. As long as it's fun for me I'll contribute. I don't care if the mod is ever finished or not.

I'm for keeping on Arma, as AoD runs much slower on my laptop:) and I will continue helping to this mod anyway!