• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Drina

Drina_River.jpg

Maybe we let finish Gukan finish the map as he wants it to be and then somebody else can mod it to improve further.
As for Gukan's points I agree for 3 and to some extent, 2(but actually AI does not seem to protect coastal provinces at all from what I have seen). But as long as naval flottillas are not overpowered it will not matter that much, also every nation will have some.

Gukan what you say about that? And how is map going?

And yes close posybility to build transports to that rivers.because of strange landings in the middle serbia or croatia.

I seem to have found a solution to problem ¹2: just don't add beaches to these "coastal" provinces. AI would consider them as non-landable and won't garrison them that much.

btw, how can anyone close seas for transports?? Impossible, I think.

I seem to have found a solution to problem ¹2: just don't add beaches to these "coastal" provinces. AI would consider them as non-landable and won't garrison them that much.

Looks like a good idea.

Just remove transports from the list of buildable units. ;)

yes, but will then you can build in andrianic sea transports?
It would be nice to close for sea rivers and opened for adrianic sea.

If you remove them from the available list, so nobody could build them.

I'm afraid it's impossible to close "sea-rivers". At least I don't know how to do it:)

Maybe we let finish Gukan finish the map as he wants it to be and then somebody else can mod it to improve further.
That's not the point... adding the rivers will be easier now that the frontier layer is half done than later, as i have to change the color map.
And how is map going?
Waiting while we decide
Yes but i need at least 5 points to disagree :p , look at point 1, 4 and 5!!! the 3th point is the only one really consistent ;)
I'm with you at that point
Just remove transports from the list of buildable units. ;)
and submarines, and any ship big enought....

And if we don't have tranports at rivers, what's the point on controlling it? you can't land your troops behind enemy lines, so only to aboid enemy units crossing it (if you mantain a fleet at the river that can, and must, be easily sunk by planes)

It's a new concept, not used in any map and sounds great, but i think it won't work as you expect it to work, and will give us weird results... but it's not 'my' map, is 'our' mod and i will do what majority(it's correct?) decides. Let's vote :D

An idea just came on my mind:) what if delete the rever-sea connection in order to prevent ships from sea entering the rivers?

and submarines, and any ship big enought....

The thing is, Yugoslavia wasn't really able to build any "ship big enough" in the timeframe. The only buildable units should be those improvised river flotillas. So that's not a big problem.

And if we don't have tranports at rivers, what's the point on controlling it? you can't land your troops behind enemy lines, so only to aboid enemy units crossing it (if you mantain a fleet at the river that can, and must, be easily sunk by planes)

It's purely for flavor of adding river flotilla units actually. I agree that your point is consistent but I hope we'll be able to work around somehow. Do you think submarines prevent enemy units from crossing? If not then river flotillas can be represented through submarines.

Also could you send me the visible map layer please? My email is: jp3rgh7putauddh@jetable.com

Well, i don't like the idea:
1.- Maybe Ai can move divisions and supplies up and down the rivers/oceans...maybe not.
2.- AI likes to garrison coastal provinces... this will add to many provinces to garrison.
3.- When a country takes control of a river, he will move ships up and down freely, without oposition (only aircraft can stop him). In real life that won't happen.
4.- If one of this river/oceans has a conection with the adriatic sea, we will see the Nitmitz at the gates of Belgrade.
5.- It will take more time to do it :p
1. Convoys? Possible on all seas.
2. Like Vax said they wont really garrison non beach provinces.
3. Put a strait factor (like gibraltar)
4. see 3
5. LOL you should not have started the map :p

An idea just came on my mind:) what if delete the rever-sea connection in order to prevent ships from sea entering the rivers?
It is still linked its like land provinces really.

Dunno...We also need to get the ships to fight eachother. And what if one country controls one side of the river and another one the opposing side? It would be better if the ships were to move freely while not blocking troops from crossing the river.

An idea just came on my mind what if delete the rever-sea connection in order to prevent ships from sea entering the rivers?

The Danube is not connected to the Adriatic sea really. :)

It is still linked its like land provinces really.

I meant connection between the last piece of the "river" where id flows into the sea. If we block this connection, no ship could enter the river from the sea and vice versa.

It's purely for flavor of adding river flotilla units actually. I agree that your point is consistent but I hope we'll be able to work around somehow. Do you think submarines prevent enemy units from crossing? If not then river flotillas can be represented through submarines.

Also could you send me the visible map layer please? My email is: jp3rgh7putauddh@jetable.com

But if this flotillas didn't prevent armies from crossing rivers then them will be totally useless. Flavor yes, but the AI player will build flotillas while the human player knowing the IC hole it was will not...

1. Convoys? Possible on all seas.
2. Like Vax said they wont really garrison non beach provinces.
4. see 3
5. LOL you should not have started the map
1.- It's not a provem as provinces split by rivers/oceans will still have a conection
2.- ;)
3.- Straits can be modded? the test i made with the victoria map show me the straits in the same provinces id they where in hoi2,
4.- see 3 :p
5.- But now that it's started and after 2 months of work, let's try to maintain the extra work as low as posible :rofl:

Erm... what if it's not the Danube?

Do you have a particular river in mind? Because all rivers we've been talking about so far belong to the Danube basin...

But if this flotillas didn't prevent armies from crossing rivers then them will be totally useless. Flavor yes, but the AI player will build flotillas while the human player knowing the IC hole it was will not...

No they can make shore bombardements(historical use) and fight against other flotillas. Also if we do not want the AI to build them we can mod the construction AI its easy.

As i told let's vote :D
Yes: Amallric, Vaximillian, JRHINDO, Supaplex and Hax
No: me

YES WE CAN!!
I will need someone to paint the rivers over the last color map i posted somewhere near page 100.

Also could you send me the visible map layer
Do you want the GIMP format map or the png i used to made the ingame map?

Do you have a particular river in mind? Because all rivers we've been talking about so far belong to the Danube basin...

Hmm, and from where rose a problem of "Nimitz near Belgrade"?? If neither of the rivers can be accessed from the sea...