• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here we go... This is a very basic attempt to get things going. I haven't done any of this since HOI1 days.
I've used last version, applied DH conversion on top of it and done my changes. To install just copy files from my version on top of the files from version .55.

Events:
- Barracks events covering West and South of Croatia
--> I started with the idea of adding actual units that got created with weapons taken from each depot/barracks but that proved to be too hard at this point. If you read some events I've managed to find documentation but in the end I think we'll just add number of units we need to have balanced game. I will rework these for the next version.
- Mobilisation for RSK and Croatia only done on the Western front
--> I've done Mobilisation in a historically inaccurate way. Units that were around at the start of the was were often replaced, merged, disbanded... as early as October '91, e.g. RSK had at least 4 partial or complete unit revamp in the first 4 months of war. In the end I've opted for latest '91 OOB. IRL mobilisation was gradual and differed from region to region. I have a big classic event at the end of August.
--> JNA units in CRO after war starts are given to RSK by event, otherwise they sit and do nothing. I would LOVE to have JNA troops operating independently from RSK [JRH help!]
--> Mobilisation dates for RSK impossible to find, also regimental make up of the brigades [knindza help!]. There are some cyrillic sites but I get headache reading them :(.
- Serbian help to RSK in supplies.
--> RSK is a poor region missing IC. I've done couple of events to keep RSK going until end of November. Off map production and similar ideas are popping into my mind for future releases. For the moment, I have also increased TC efficiency to get any performance out of RSK and JNA troops.

OOB:
- JNA OOB changed to include regiment sized units. Incomplete especially in Macedonia and Serbia --> missing good sources
- CRO and RSK OOB include a lot of police (PU and SUP units respectively). These are just speed bumpers for larger units so the front lines can be formed approximately as they have IRL. They are not that ahistorical as lot of communities armed themselves and kept guard around designated region.
- Still missing airforce and naval units (in the inc-file but commented out)
- Removed large number of airports. I would hate to see MIGs landing on dirt fields.
--> I know you said there is a way to stop this from happening but outside Bosnia only true military airports were used. We can add all airports in Bosnia that were used as military regardless of the size.
***INC files at the bottom are full of dormant divisions and research notes. Ignore them for now...

*** Knindza - info on which JNA units were present (battalion size in area of Plitvice and Kordun in August '91). Please provide any info (units and location) you have (compared to what we have in the game already)

IC and resources:
IC done this so that major cities in all counties have some ICs. Total IC distribution matches BDP.
--> Serbia may be too strong with IC as JRH indicated. I've checked my numbers and I see nothing wrong. I have an ideas how to curb Serbia (make armour expensive to upkeep)
--> Resources not done yet. I think we should have huge lack of resources in-game. We add extra resources required with off map production. How much each county gets depends on international sanctions and how well they are doing in the game. Say human Serbia goes on rampage, we simply remove off map production thus hindering its progress.

AI:
Done some basic changes and I suck! I can beat Croatia as RSK and vice versa without any problem. Although it is waaaaay too early to seriously look at AI. I would like though that AI RSK doesn't leave area close to Zadar which was strategically important. It happens in nearly every game.

Map:
I've adjusted some links so units can't easily reach islands. Only islands that are connected to island via bridge have links now.

Unit Names:
Done only Croatia for now. Not sure how to manage RSK as the numbering there was sort of random and I am missing regimental info altogether.

Ministers:
I've fixed minister file for Serbia which was causing crash in .55 version.

Next version:
I'll continue working on barracks events and try incorporating Western Slavonia into the game.
Please have a go and advise what you like/dislike. Any suggestion are more then welcomed.

File link: http://www.mediafire.com/?iicdwl8wvxje9k9

I feel very angry on myself that I can't help you guys! Hogar I haven't tested your version yet but I will soon! From what you have written it looks really good! Great job man!
I have a lot off school work now so I can't really join the party and start to mod again but I really get tempted to do it now when you have returned! :) In about 1-2 weeks from now I will have much more freetime so then I can do something for this mod again!

Thanks Hax,
I would like to get some help when you can manage. I am slowly making progress. I put in couple of hours every day.
West Slavonia is coming up nicely. I have all but completed barracks events. I'll keep you posted when I have something to add.

Hi everyone! I've just found this, it looks amazing. Tell me, what version of HoI I need? And is this the latest version here on the start of this thread or? I see you are preparing a new version, should I wait, is it coming soon?
Sorry, maybe too many questions, but this really looks amazing.:)

Version I've just posted is DH compatible. I have no idea if it would run on ARMA. I am actually quite sure it will take some skill to get it working on ARMA.

If you look for a link JRH posted few pages back you can find a latest working ARMA version. At the moment this isn't playable but we are making slow steps to make it so. Hopefully we will have RSK and CRO war implemented and perhaps 10-day-war in Slovenia. Try and let us know what you think...

Lack of ICs!!!

@ HAX/JRH:
I've ran a first tests with about 3/4 of all units loaded for Croatia. She's missing a massive 300+ ICs.

What is your preference, lower the maintenance costs or increase ICs?
At first, I'll lower the cost since that is faster option but something to consider nevertheless...

Cheers.

yeah costs will have to be lowered abit, since the ic numbers you made are realistic and should be kept. The prices are high, to keep things historical and to avoid countries making new "fake" units, but since you added more units in the OOB Hogar, the game is unbalanced.

I tested your version and noticed some problems that should only exist in the bad DH conversion, such as vanilla DH ministers in YW cabinets (italians in serbia, churchill in croatia...) and missing people. Are you sure you used the latest contributor fixed version for DH? It should be the link in the YW DH thread.

Edit: Hax have you ever sent the airbases data for Bosnia to Hogar?

And guys, I havent been very active for the past weeks and i am sorry, but I must says that i will be even less present. I have a heavy exam week starting now, so i will have to focus on that in priority leaving gaming behind. Good news is that there are a couple of vacation weeks right after the exam weeks so i'll definitely try to mod more at that time.

Last edited:
yeah costs will have to be lowered abit, since the ic numbers you made are realistic and should be kept. The prices are high, to keep things historical and to avoid countries making new "fake" units, but since you added more units in the OOB Hogar, the game is unbalanced.
I have lowered the cost of militia (light inf) for now because that is most common unit. Of course that the weights will need to be changed for all units.

I tested your version and noticed some problems that should only exist in the bad DH conversion, such as vanilla DH ministers in YW cabinets (italians in serbia, churchill in croatia...) and missing people. Are you sure you used the latest contributor fixed version for DH? It should be the link in the YW DH thread.
I definitely have the latest version. I know this because 0.5 conversion did not work for 0.55 and I've requested from you a new file.
I've noticed the missing names, wrong names and etc... I haven't been doing anything about it since game 'works'. If it was causing crash I would have done something about it.

And guys, I havent been very active for the past weeks and i am sorry, but I must says that i will be even less present. I have a heavy exam week starting now, so i will have to focus on that in priority leaving gaming behind. Good news is that there are a couple of vacation weeks right after the exam weeks so i'll definitely try to mod more at that time.
Take care of that exam. We need no dropouts on this thread ;). I think I can finish this war in that time so you get to work on something. If we could get everything working upto 1/1/1992 that would be an awesome first release achievement.

Before any of you decides to do any changes let me know so I can send you latest file-set. At the moment I add about 2-3 hours of work every day.

Shall we try to do something together this week?
Hogar could you please do a list of all thing that is left to do until you can say that this mod is done. I know that a mod is never completely done but you know what I mean. ;) :)

You are doing this for DH, what version of it?
I don't really know where we are standing right now with this mod.

I am only aiming to achieve a good balance until 1/1/1992. I have given up on 10 day war because I can't see how that can be modelled. I just wasted my time and I never got even close to liking what I saw.

Let me list some basic info:
- Version 1.2 DH
- YW 0.55 mod + conversion package by JHR

I think it will be best if you try what I've done so far and let me know where you want to go next.
At the moment this is just an arcade scenario where pretty much nothing works as it should. I would still like to complete few things before we publish:
Priority 1:
- leaders
- ministers (for some reason countries pick JPN, GER ministers although I haven't investigated the issue)
- redeployment of JNA from Slovenia
- units stats (speed and cost)
- CRO armour/mechanised/attachments not in game yet

Priority 2:
- flavour events
- volunteers events for RSK
- few smaller barracks events missing due to lack of info (e.g. JNA troops from Istria or Adriatic islands)
- war AI for SFRY needs to handle fractured territories

Also, I would like to get a some basic balance because I feel if we achieve it we could draw more support from community. Obviously we might need a help for some of the things listed above from JRH or someone more experienced (AI and unit costs).

At some point, I would also like to split responsibilities for different areas between us so we don't overlap and ease dev burden.

Let me know when you want to start so I can pass on the files.

Thanks for all the work you do Hogar, what exactly are you making work on? I would want to take up your offer, to make changes and mainly merge some my last work with yours.
- CRO armour/mechanised/attachments not in game yet
What do you mean? Changes in CRO OOB or changes in the unit/brigade models?

(btw guys I saw that this week was the 20th anniversary of the Bosnian War, we missed a good opportunity to make a release or make publicity of the mod)

Thanks for all the work you do Hogar, what exactly are you making work on? I would want to take up your offer, to make changes and mainly merge some my last work with yours.
I am trying to build CRO OOB through events as it happened IRL. In August CRO had less then 20 poorly equipped divisions to grow to some well equipped 80 by December.
Serbs on the other hand need to try to stop this from happening. So they need to get to places were weapons are stored and relieve barracks sieges in time.
Challenge is to balance this so Serbs do not steam roll through too easily.

What do you mean? Changes in CRO OOB or changes in the unit/brigade models?
OOB. I don't think we need to worry too much about models just yet.

(btw guys I saw that this week was the 20th anniversary of the Bosnian War, we missed a good opportunity to make a release or make publicity of the mod)
This is a good point. Shame.

I would want to take up your offer, to make changes and mainly merge some my last work with yours.
When do you think you will be able to put in some work having in mind your exam. I think I can finish what I am ailing for in 2-3 days. Then you could do a merge and next release. This is assuming you will like what I've done.

When do you think you will be able to put in some work having in mind your exam. I think I can finish what I am ailing for in 2-3 days. Then you could do a merge and next release. This is assuming you will like what I've done.
Well I've done all of this week's exams, ill try to get modding going again this weekend and by next week ill make a short release with both our works synct.
And I already like what you have done :)