• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Land draft:

Militia (as vanilla, but adjusted numbers)
Home defence (garrison, not movable)
infantry, mot. Infantry, mec. Infantry & mountain( as vanilla, but adjusted numbers)
Regular SOF (airborne)
Para-militar SOF (marine)
APC (light tank or mec)
MBT (medium tank)

re: naval

yes, aircraft carries Will stay..

Hax? Othets? Thoughts om this? Or more important, do i have green light?

Well I'd see that otherwise. We can have small formations, at this scale the units are no longer polyvalent. An infantry division has some anti-tank weapons, artilery and so on, but an infantry battalion does not. So I think we should have separate and independent artillery, AA, anti-tank, etc formations. I think infantry formations should be about 1000 men, and specialized formations even less. For tanks I think a unit would represent about 10 tanks because thet were really a rare and powerful weapon. I'd really like to see tanks a precious weapon, that can be deadly but also very fragile, for instance in cities they should be almost immediately wiped out.

The current "brigade" slots could be used to represent better equipement instead. For instance a Home defense militia would be mostly equipped with hunter rifles and WWII era rifles. They can get a "brigade" - Kalashnikof assault guns, and become more effective. This approach allows to simulate arms smuggle by events easier: the event would just be to make appear some "brigades"(of Kalashnikof, RPG-7, and so on) in the force pool, and then you can dispatch the weapons to your units.

this province is corupt

corupt.jpg

when I chuse Serbia it say hearts of iron have a problem and needs to close.Maybe that one province is making a problem.

it hase one black punkt and other darker yellow punkt.

Gukan will fix that its easy to fix just he must work on the fiorst layer to correct that.maybe I make that province corrupt when I painting that area.

Amallric (correct? ;))

i like Our idea, but it isn't feasible in hoi2 (in aod it is however since they removed the model limit) but with hoi2 we're stuck with already existing models, so there Not enough models in My eyes for your idea. But i also thin the current brigade should simulate equipment.

However, in aod we can add unlimited models: Both divisions and brigade and we can also add multiple brigades to à Unit and then we can have a infantry unit with zero value and only consist of Manpower and then add values through the "brigades"

thoughts, amallric?

Now when I chuse any other country its report crash.I dont know is it because of that corupted province or something else or it just my fathers computer?

Amallric (correct? ;))

i like Our idea, but it isn't feasible in hoi2 (in aod it is however since they removed the model limit) but with hoi2 we're stuck with already existing models, so there Not enough models in My eyes for your idea. But i also thin the current brigade should simulate equipment.

However, in aod we can add unlimited models: Both divisions and brigade and we can also add multiple brigades to à Unit and then we can have a infantry unit with zero value and only consist of Manpower and then add values through the "brigades"

thoughts, amallric?

I told Hax lots of times that is way coll beter that we making this mod for AOD, insted for hoi2, but he don t want to listen. He just say BLA BLA BLA.

Well we don't need 20 models for every unit type for Yugoslavian Wars. Maybe 3, 4. So for instance infantry model 1(1918 in vanilla) would be regular soviet-style infantry, model 2(1936 in vanilla) would be NATO infantry, and then the 1939, 41, 43, 45, 47 models and so can will represend various artillery, AA, recon, etc formations. Even if we have 3 or 4 models for each unit type there is still more than enough to represent every unit type. Other mods do that, for instance in CORE BB-1 is coastal defense ship while BB-3 is the actual first Dreadnought model.

No, only 20 custom brigades and land forces still receive only 1 brigade...but 1 brigade is already good I think for things like Kalashnikof and so on. You have to choose instead of just putting all brigades on the best unit.

Amallric

Okey, you thought so... That is absolutley feasible with HOI2, BUT than we exclude the possibility to have a tech tree were one can upgrade models...

Are you sure about that the brigade limit is still one? I could almost swear on my mothers life that I've read that it was removed...

Now when I chuse any other country its report crash.I dont know is it because of that corupted province or something else or it just my fathers computer?

It shouldn't depend on that black dot since it's made on a layer that can have black dots everywhere... Maybe the darker yellow clutter should cause it if the layer only accept black color, but I don't think so...

The problem should be somewhere else.

And I already pre-ordered AOD :) I'll play some incarnation of HOI until death... It ain't a game, it's a way of life. :rofl:

Okey, you thought so... That is absolutley feasible with HOI2, BUT than we exclude the possibility to have a tech tree were one can upgrade models...

If we have 3-4 models per unit type it will be possible to have some limited upgrade, for the short timespan of the mod this is more than enough. After all Yugoslav Wars weren't a period of big advance in military science like WWII(and in Yugoslavia not at all).

Are you sure about that the brigade limit is still one? I could almost swear on my mothers life that I've read that it was removed...

It's on the wishlist but it was to difficult to remove this limit AFAIK.

And I already pre-ordered AOD I'll play some incarnation of HOI until death... It ain't a game, it's a way of life.

lol I'll wait at least a week after release honestly...The last game I preorder was HoI3 :(

The map works like a charm on my comp! A beauty to watch in-game!

But, Gukan, could you please add the following lines to YUG.eug (so we don't have to search through the whole map of the balkans, so now it limits to where the map actually is located):

Code:
map = { 
top = {	x = 29000 y = 300 }
bottom = { x = 7000 y = 7000 }
}

If we have 3-4 models per unit type it will be possible to have some limited upgrade, for the short timespan of the mod this is more than enough. After all Yugoslav Wars weren't a period of big advance in military science like WWII(and in Yugoslavia not at all).

Of course not, but in 10 years of fighting, the player should be able to make some advances, breakthrougs, upgrades and I don't think it's possible to have nation A only allowed to upgrade model A 1-3 and then nation B upgrade model A (like infantry) from 4-6, but if I'm wrong, then it's doable..

It's on the wishlist but it was to difficult to remove this limit AFAIK.

That's really a shame. :(

lol I'll wait at least a week after release honestly...The last game I preorder was HoI3

Well... There's always mods (&etc..) for HOI2 if AOD fail to draw my liking. :cool: