• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So tell me if you like this photos that we could use for fantasy military pics, i mean i will use them for myself when i start to play this mod, but i think this should be the photos for leaders untill we find the original ones.

So tell me if you like this photos that we could use for fantasy military pics, i mean i will use them for myself when i start to play this mod, but i think this should be the photos for leaders untill we find the original ones.

Those pictures was awesome! Never seen this kind of before! Very good! Please share if you have more pictures and information! :)
Great job El-Fatih! I have saved all the pictures on my computer.

Yes we could use some of the "heads" as fantasy military leaders picture.

Those pictures was awesome! Never seen this kind of before! Very good! Please share if you have more pictures and information! :)
Great job El-Fatih! I have saved all the pictures on my computer.

Yes we could use some of the "heads" as fantasy military leaders picture.
He most probably took the drawings from an Osprey book about Bosnian war. The book series is really nice!

Glad you like the photos Hax, we should use the head pics for mil. leaders that we can't find the original ones.

JRHINDO, the books are from Osprey, i have some on my shelves but this two books about Bosnian Forces and Croat and Slovene Forces i had on my computer, i downloaded them from somewhere can't remember when, but they are awsome books. I was thinking anyway to put some more information from the books for the YW Mod but if you want i can upload these books so you can have them, they are not big size.

Also why is this mod very quiet, i mean last year when i was comming here every day it used be alot of comments and now it seems dead, hm we got to do something about it. We should put on this mod every post you write or help us we'll give you burek and cevapi and ofcourse with yoghurt :D, and don't worry i'll tell my wife to make it...;)

Anyway, Hax i will also give you info about the Serb brigades that were fighting around Sarajevo and also around Bihac. I also started writing slowly on Microsoft Word about all Bosnian brigades like in which corps they were, who are the commanders, in which towns and so on.

Glad you like the photos Hax, we should use the head pics for mil. leaders that we can't find the original ones.

JRHINDO, the books are from Osprey, i have some on my shelves but this two books about Bosnian Forces and Croat and Slovene Forces i had on my computer, i downloaded them from somewhere can't remember when, but they are awsome books. I was thinking anyway to put some more information from the books for the YW Mod but if you want i can upload these books so you can have them, they are not big size.

Also why is this mod very quiet, i mean last year when i was comming here every day it used be alot of comments and now it seems dead, hm we got to do something about it. We should put on this mod every post you write or help us we'll give you burek and cevapi and ofcourse with yoghurt :D, and don't worry i'll tell my wife to make it...;)

Yes of course we should use pictures.

Hehe I like cevape :D

I know I haven't worked so much on this mod lately but me and JRHINDO are working a little secret project. After that I hope me and JRHINDO together can work on this mod (he is for me a pro on coding):cool: .

Anyway, Hax i will also give you info about the Serb brigades that were fighting around Sarajevo and also around Bihac. I also started writing slowly on Microsoft Word about all Bosnian brigades like in which corps they were, who are the commanders, in which towns and so on.

That's great, we really need a OOB (Order of Battle). Especially Bosnia is hard to find so please complete it! Also if you can find any Serb or Croat airforce in Bosnia would be great and where they were stationated and how many planes and which kind of plane(MiG or any Yugo made plane).

JRHINDO, are you willing after our secret project help me with this mod like we do the secret project? Together we can make next version but this time with much more add-ons then previous releases? ´:)
Oh maybe... Not sure... Well... I have nothing else to do! :p
I surrender!

Ok, i was doing little bit oob today for Bosnia starting with JNA or Yugoslav National Army and i've just done 4th Corps in the 2nd Military Region which is Sarajevo, so this is only 4th corps and i have still to do the rest and ofcourse i will do Bosnian Patriotic league and Terirtorial Defence or TO and also Croatian forces. When i finish with the date 17. february 1992 i will do also 30. april 1992 when the army slowly transforms into Republica Srpska Army. I wrote the names of brigades and battalions on bosnian language, but if you need to change on english we can do that later.

So here is the JNA army oob on the 17th february 1992, well to be exact 4th Corps which was stationed in Sarajevo:

2. Vojna Oblast or the 2nd Military Region consisted of 5 corps and those were 4th Corps in Sarajevo commanded by Vojislav Djurdjevac with HQ of 2nd Military Region which was commanded by Milutin Kukanjac, 5th Corps in Banja Luka commanded by Vladimir Vukovic, 9th Corps in Knin (Serb. Krajina in Croatia) commanded by Ratko Mladic, 10th Corps in Bihac commanded by Spiro Nikovic and 17th Corps in Tuzla commanded by Savo Jankovic.

4th Corps (Sarajevo):

Sarajevo:
2. Vojna Oblast komanda or 2nd Military Region HQ - Gen. Milutin Kukanjac
4. Korpus komanda or 4th Corps HQ - Gen. Vojislav Djurdjevac
4. bataljon veze ‘A’
4. dopunski bataljon ‘R’
4. inzinjerisjki bataljon ‘R’
340. inzinjerijski puk ‘R’
563. auto transportni bataljon – Com. Marko Saric
288. bataljon vojne policije ‘A’
321. bataljon veze – Com. Miodrag Stanic

Lukavica:
49. mehanizovana brigada ‘A’
346. laki artiljerijski puk protiv-vazdusne odbrane ‘A’

Hadzici:
521. remontni bataljon – Com. Ratko Savic

Doboj:
6. pjesadijska motorizovana brigada ‘R’

Han Pijesak:
216. brdska brigada ‘R’

Kiseljak:
4. mjesoviti artiljerijski puk ‘R’
652. motorizovani puk ‘B’
65. zastitni motorizovani puk – Com. Milan Suput

Mokro (near Pale)
4. mjesoviti protiv-oklopni artiljerijski puk ‘R’
76. motorizovi puk ‘R’

Pale:
4. mjesoviti artiljerijski puk
4. automobilski bataljon ‘R’
4. sanitetski bataljon ‘R’
14. mjesoviti protiv-oklopni artiljerijski puk

Zenica:
14. pjesadijska motorizovana brigada
120. laka pjesadijska brigada

Ilijas:
253. motorizovana brigada

Sokolac:
140. mehanizovana brigada

Oh, i don't have information about the names of the commanders just some, but i will try to find it. Tell me if this is ok, i mean is this what you asked for Hax? I will also provide you with the map of military regions and corps when i scan it.

I don't know about battalions (bataljon), they are so small units, 300-1300 soldiers. What does JRHINDO asy about battalions?

Looking good El-Fatih! But remember to find this is if possible: Military leader, name of the unit (name should be in local name, Bosnian language for Bosnian units) and where the unit is located, what province. Looking good so far! :cool:¨

P.S. Don't forget to find what rank the commander was, colonel, general etc.

Ok, i understand but still your brigades need to have battalions as units like 7th brigade consists of 3 battalions but you have commander only for the brigade. Well those battalions that you see, they don't have to be single but for example they can be part of a brigade or corps like this:

Sarajevo:
2. Vojna Oblast komanda or 2nd Military Region HQ - Gen. Milutin Kukanjac
it consists of 2 battalions:

563. auto transportni bataljon – Com. Marko Saric
321. bataljon veze – Com. Miodrag Stanic

4. Korpus komanda or 4th Corps HQ - Gen. Vojislav Djurdjevac
it consists of 4 battalions and 1 puk or regiment:

4. bataljon veze ‘A’
4. dopunski bataljon ‘R’
4. inzinjerisjki bataljon ‘R’
340. inzinjerijski puk ‘R’
288. bataljon vojne policije ‘A’

And then you have in Lukavica province

49. mehanizovana brigada ‘A’ - i still have to find out who was the commander
346. laki artiljerijski puk protiv-vazdusne odbrane ‘A’ (it can be separate or it can be added to the 49. mehanizovana brigada).

Puk means regiment and it can be part of brigade or separate and puk is higher than battalion but lower than brigade, but during 1991 or 1992 there were alot of puk formations in Yugoslavia.

So you would have in the province Sarajevo 2 units with the name "2. vojna oblast" and "4. Korpus" but they would consist of their battalions and then you have in Lukavica, which is next to Sarajevo, 1 brigade and one separate puk or regiment.

You do have to remember that in the Yugoslav wars brigades were size of maximum 3.000 soldiers so they usually were 1.500 to 2.000 soldiers.

And what is important you are still need to use battalions in this mod, because alot of special units were the size of battalion. Ofcourse we could make it that commanders can command either brigade or batalion and then go higher, but that is just my opinion, because anyway when i start to play this game i will have battalions, brigades, operational groups or divisions and then corps as the mil. ranks.

And Hax I'm still going to wirte down battalions as separate units and then later you can just add them to brigades, because its easier for me when i copy the details from the book. I think it will be hard to find every name of generals who commanded brigades on the beginning of war but i'll try to find it. Also when i write brigades or regiments or battalions, i will put the names in which province they were on top like Sarajevo: and then i will write which units, like i've done in the previous post.

And what is important you are still need to use battalions in this mod, because alot of special units were the size of battalion. Ofcourse we could make it that commanders can command either brigade or batalion and then go higher, but that is just my opinion, because anyway when i start to play this game i will have battalions, brigades, operational groups or divisions and then corps as the mil. ranks.

Do we really need those units? Oh well I guess we can have some special units which can't be created just via event you get them and they have very low strength "roof", I mean 30 is max strength and can't be reinforced more then to 30.
Find also commander for the battalions ;)

And Hax I'm still going to wirte down battalions as separate units and then later you can just add them to brigades, because its easier for me when i copy the details from the book. I think it will be hard to find every name of generals who commanded brigades on the beginning of war but i'll try to find it. Also when i write brigades or regiments or battalions, i will put the names in which province they were on top like Sarajevo: and then i will write which units, like i've done in the previous post.

Sure we can later merge those into one brigade and those special can be single battalions with very low strength. Please also find if the brigade, battalion had any nich name (like "The Brave Brigade" for example but in Bosnian of course).

Im thinking about buying the game just to play this mod :D

Also does Greece have any part of this mod? are there events for Macedonia that says "The Greeks are demanding we change name because they think we'll take their land!" or something like that?

(also that book is "The Yugoslav Wars" by K. Mikulan) :)