• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
el faith can you also do provinces from sandzak, moneenegro, mesina would for croaitai and somebody else for slovenia, I will for serbia, albania and macedonia somebody else.

Done about 10% so far, Slovenia and Croatia.

Have you done it?

Config/

scenario_text.csv (for nation desc.)
models.csv (once they are done)
province_names.csv (name says it all)
unit_names.csv (for models)
world_names.csv (so countries show up correct)

db

.csv's for all starting nations (including ministers, leaders AND for tech teams) so the game will actually start (wont start without correspondening .csv for tech teams aswell, but we can just some random .csv with fixed nation tag and id's, since tech will be disabled)
units (the units that will be in game if we want a correct and "historical" oobs for the beta release
unitnames.csv
ideologic_matrix.csv (we wont use the same as in ww2 will we?)
country.csv (fix the colors)
province.csv (for Da map)

gfx

flags, shields and counters.

rest is optional. the more, the better.

map

ya'll know.

scenarios

the starting .eug
nation specific .inc

So, how far are we and what needs to be done coding wise for a release?

Some more q's:

Are minister traits decided for ministers or will they be blank until later/ever?
Are leader traits added or will they be blank until later/ever?
How should the ideological matrix look like?
how far are we into deciding/coding terraintypes?

and some other thoughts:

we can't do the OOB's until we have done the units/models, so that have to be done ASAP if we want units for the first beta, so over to bopworld and join the unit/models discussion!

Hmm... all for now.

Config/
scenario_text.csv I will do, soon done with it;)

Almost every picture GFX(loadingscreen, credits, etc etc.) is done.

SFX: Also almost done, only need a good intro song.

Minister traits will be for alpha/beta blank.
Same thing with leaders as above.
Start a thread on BoP of ideology matrix thing.

Ilok must be in Croatia, Macvanska Mitrovica must be in Vojvodina. I move one province more to the north near belgrade.And I also think that near belgrade we must have 5-6 more urban provinces, because every provicnes has over 50 000 inhabitants.Its all parts small towns of Belgrade.

here is the map. Vojvodina finish.
http://uploading.com/files/71fcfb17/bordersmap.png/

GUKAN FORGOT ABOUT MACVANSKA MITROVICA it is Bogatic and its part of a Serbia.

Last edited:
amllric said:

You have my total and complete admiration! ;D

Okey, this is the list that we've agreed on this far over at bopworld (we did agree on these, Amallric?) as independent brigade and battalions (note: they will both be buildable as brigades and battalions, not to confused with the attachable unit that will be company-/batterysized and which will be saved until later)

Infantry (regular and irregular, to feat. all semi- and paramilitary forces)
Mechanized infantry (APC, IFV, etc)
Home defence (Old & young who'll defend their town/village, i.e. not movable = gar)
Special forces / commandos
Mountain
Armoured
Light armoured
Towed Artillery
SP artillery
Towed Anti-Aircraft
SP Anti-aircraft
Anti-Tank

Feedback on this list? What would you like to add? Remove?

Please check this on bopworld and this, this and this pages here in this thread, to see how the discussion went until this list was proposed.

My ambition is to work on this part as soon as we'll reach some form of mutual agreement on the larger parts. Smaller parts will always be decided along the road, but once we've decided on the basic framework, I can start working on it.

Amallric. Please note I removed the guards unit. *cries out lod* hehe

lol as I said only a small part is done so far...and what El-Fatih and the other have did with province naming will help me really greatly to achieve that work. :)

Okey, this is the list that we've agreed on this far over at bopworld (we did agree on these, Amallric?) as independent brigade and battalions (note: they will both be buildable as brigades and battalions, not to confused with the attachable unit that will be company-/batterysized and which will be saved until later)

Sorry I ignored your post at BoP, I just didn't notice it because other people posted after you. Anyway this is a very good list, I totally agree with it.
But I think only some units should be available at Brigade size, especially Infantry, Mechanized, Armour and maybe some other according the OOB. The others should be only available as battalion-sized units.

Amallric. Please note I removed the guards unit. *cries out lod* hehe

lol indeed. :D Anyway swedish guards are not really the same as Yugoslavian/soviet style guards...

lol as I said only a small part is done so far...and what El-Fatih and the other have did with province naming will help me really greatly to achieve that work. :)

Indeed it will, but that doesn't reduce the fact you're doing a really good work coding it all and making it come alive. :)

Sorry I ignored your post at BoP, I just didn't notice it because other people posted after you. Anyway this is a very good list, I totally agree with it.
But I think only some units should be available at Brigade size, especially Infantry, Mechanized, Armour and maybe some other according the OOB. The others should be only available as battalion-sized units.

Okey, so:

Brigade/Battalion sized units:

Home defence (Old & young who'll defend their town/village, i.e. not movable = gar)
Mountain
Armoured
Light armoured

Battalion sized units:

Towed Artillery
SP artillery
Towed Anti-Aircraft
SP Anti-aircraft
Anti-Tank

lol indeed. :D Anyway swedish guards are not really the same as Yugoslavian/soviet style guards...

Well, when you put it like that, it's absolutley okey with me to remove the guard units. :cool:

;)

I would move towed arty and anti tank into brigade-sized units list too, I just looked the OOB and apparently they had a lot of Art and AT brigades. And Commando as brigades? aren't they supposed to operate in smaller units?

Last edited:
I would move towed arty and anti tank into brigade-sized units list too, I just looked the OOB and apparently they had a lot of Art and AT brigades. And Commando as brigades? aren't they supposed to operate in smaller units?

Not according to the oob's atleast but then again, i wonder how much SF they really we're compared to the SAS, etc they probably we're equvialent to guard units (vetter equipment etc) so perhaps we shouldn't even include them?

Have couple of question for Gukan about the map and also for Hax about the province names.

For Gukan: I'm working right now on the map of Bosnia, but i was wondering how many provinces can we add (i mean splitting) is there a limit for Bosnia. I've already added over 25 provinces? And also is there a problem if you have a small province for a sprite to stand on or the province name to fit in? I hope you understand what i mean by this last question. Are you going to use the same font as in HO2 or will you use different font?

For Hax: With naming the provinces are we going to use slavic š or ć or just plain english s and c, what i mean is do we write Bihac or Bihać?

I think that is better Bihać. For Vojvodina I use that.I I think that every province must to be large that all stuff can be putted in province.Airbase, AA, bunker torch ........

Good but please next time use Rapidshare, and save the file also like a .jpeg file.
It took me years to zoom in on Vojvodina;)

Great! You are promoted to Lieutenant!

TeutenburgerW I promote you for a very good activity and want to help this mod, you are promoted to Major!:)

Mountain
Armoured
Light armoured
Towed Artillery
SP artillery
Towed Anti-Aircraft
SP Anti-aircraft
Anti-Tank

Feedback on this list? What would you like to add? Remove?

Home defence, but then it must be very low MP for making it.
If it will not be able to move but the map is so big, awesome combination:D

For Hax: With naming the provinces are we going to use slavic š or ć or just plain english s and c, what i mean is do we write Bihac or Bihać?

For visible layer of the map we can I think we will use local names as Bihać.
But I wonder for province info that it will not make crashes?!
If not then we will also use as province info Bihać with ć:D

MOD ON!

I have problems with names but i will find map of serbia at home and everything eill be ok.Because on wikipedia detalied map is only for Vojvodina.
Also answer my post about sprites on BOP.I will try to make some sprites.But I dont know in witch program.So If anybody know answer in BOP please.

I have problems with names but i will find map of serbia at home and everything eill be ok.Because on wikipedia detalied map is only for Vojvodina.
Also answer my post about sprites on BOP.I will try to make some sprites.But I dont know in witch program.So If anybody know answer in BOP please.

For your own good I would not try to make sprites, it is very complicated and time consuming;)

Continue with province names is best mission right now.

Have couple of question for Gukan about the map and also for Hax about the province names.

For Gukan: I'm working right now on the map of Bosnia, but i was wondering how many provinces can we add (i mean splitting) is there a limit for Bosnia. I've already added over 25 provinces? And also is there a problem if you have a small province for a sprite to stand on or the province name to fit in? I hope you understand what i mean by this last question. Are you going to use the same font as in HO2 or will you use different font?
There are no limit (well, there are a limit near 2600 provinces in total and we are now at 1500-1600¿?), but if we add 25 provinces to bosnia, we will need to add near 50 to croatia, 15-20 to Slovenia, the same for Vojvodina... No problem at all.
About small provinces. I have only tested how the sprites and icons look at province num 1 (top-left province in slovenia), we have enought space here. Now the smaller province we have is one near Beograd (or Beograd itself). I will test how it look this evening i will report the result to you.
And for font usage... I don't know...maybe some font that reminds more to Yugoslavia than the one used at HOI2?. And that font will need to have the slavic letter you posted below...

About this, my keyboard only have the usual keys and some special for spanish keyboards like ñ and ç ... not more. If we will be using š or ć i will need someone to write the name of the provinces in the map.

Ok. I will try to find persons who can do that.
I can do that.