• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I registred in BOP world today and awaiting confirmation mail and perhaps we could get a sub-forum called "unit, models and tech trees" where we can have a seperate discussion for this topic since this doesn't fit this kind of thread?
Good. I made a tech tree prototype btw check it out and comment.

Gukan told me that there could be errors with the spy costs due to the beta patch.

Well, the files I recived (this evening) didn't contain any AI reference (or other reference to spies in the files that have anything to do with the spysystem) other than the:

Code:
SpyInfo                = { country = "CHI" NumberOfSpies = 3 }

etc. in the .inc-files, so if something, there would be a scenario error when loading the scenario, which it isn't, so this shouldn't either be the problem...

Have anyone else encounterd a crash with the map, except for Supaplex?

can somebody give me old new screen for armagedon, I change to yugoslav wars, maybe that is problem.

I aded yug load sreen but this is noth reason why game crash.
I'm sorry to herad that Supa. But you were able to start the game and somehow the game crashes when you try to launch the scenario? Or when you are in-game? I doubt the game can be played, i didn't let the game advance as connections, naval distances and other thinks must still be done. Maybe this is the problem?

Gukan told me that there could be errors with the spy costs due to the beta patch.
Well, the files I recived (this evening) didn't contain any AI reference (or other reference to spies in the files that have anything to do with the spysystem) other than the:

Code:
SpyInfo                = { country = "CHI" NumberOfSpies = 3 }

etc. in the .inc-files, so if something, there would be a scenario error when loading the scenario, which it isn't, so this shouldn't either be the problem...

Have anyone else encounterd a crash with the map, except for Supaplex?
Yes that's the line i suspect can make the loading scenario crash. But was only a suspect. I didn't test the game with any version diferent that the arma beta patch :)

Adapten OOBs per 25th of June, 1991

SLOVENIA

Note: (xxx) after unit means commanded by xxx.
Note2: After the "|" is the unit I think it should be represented by.
Note3: "MD" stands for "military disctrict"

Slovenia

General HQ in Ljulbana (Col. Janez Slapar) | 1 HQ

- 1. Special defence Bde. | ???
- 9. AA Bde. | Art

2. Dolensjka (Lower Carniola, HQ in Novo Mesto and commanded by Col. Albin Gutman)

- 25 TO brigade | Gar
- 4 detachments | ???

Divided on four military sub-districts - MSD: 21, 23 , 25, 27

3. Gorenjska (Upper Carniola, HQ in Kranj and commanded by Col. Peter Zupan)

- 21, 22, 31, 32, 34 TO Bde. | Gar
- 4 detachments | Reduced Gar

Divided on three military sub-districts - MSD: 31, 33 & 35

4. Juznoprimorska MD (South coast, HQ in Postojna and commanded by Lt. Col. Vojko Stenberger

- 5 detachments | Reduced Gar

Divided on four military sub-districts - MSD: 41, 43, 45 & 47

5. Ljulbana MD (commanded by Lt. Col. Janez Lesjak)

- 5 detachmanents | Reduced Gar
- 1 Art Bty. | Art-battalion

Divided on four military sub-districts - MSD: 51, 53, 55 & 57

6. Severnoprimorska MD (North coast, HQ in Nova Gorica and commanded by Col. Bogdan Beltram)

- 1 detachment | Reduced Gar
- 6 tank companys | ???

Divided on two military sub-districts - MSD: 61 & 63

7. Vzhodnostajerska (East Styria, HQ in Maribor and commanded by Col. Vladimir Milosevic)

- 72 TO Bde. | Gar
- 27 Art Bty. | Art-battalions
- 5 tank companys | ???

Divided on fivemilitary sub-districts - MSD: 71, 73, 75, 77 & 79

8. Zahodnostajerska (West Styria, HQ in Ceije and commanded by Lt. Col. Viktor Kranjc)

- 8 detachments |
- 32 Art. Bty. | Art-battalions

Divided on fivemilitary sub-districts - MSD: 81, 83, 85, 87 & 89​

Plus various small forces on company level and platoon level that I haven't found out what they stand for or how to portrait them in-game.

Adapted OOBs per 25th of June, 1991

Croatia

Croatia was divided into six OZ (Operational zones) in june, 1991, and led from the HQ in Zagreb.

1. OZ "Osijek"
2. OZ "Bjelovar"
3. OZ "Zagreb"
4. OZ "Karlovac"
5. OZ "Rijeka"
6. OZ "Split"

In june, there were four conventional brigades that were manned by proffesional solidiers:

1. ZNG "Tigrovi" | Regular INF
2. ZNG "Grom" | Regular INF
3. ZNG "Kune" | Regular INF
4. ZNG | Regular INF

And by june, the croatian army (HV) absorbed the local defence units composed by reserves, conscripts and volontueers and that became eleven brigades:

100, 101, 105-110 & 112-115. | Militia or garrisons

There were also numerous other smaller units, like:

- Infantry battalions
- AA battalions
- Art battalions
- MP battalions

But the only sources I can find on those, are from december 1991, so we'll have to wait a bit for that before I find sources.

What if we make in game Brigades>Regiments/Company/Support Group
Divisions>Brigades
Corp>Divisions
?

Convince Amallric because that's how I like it to be. :p

How will you simulate paramilitary group like White Wolves and Arkan Tigers ?

I proposed to having to "SOF" units: one regular (for states like the croatian special forces brigade) and one irregular (for paramilitary) elite units.

Another way to handle it, could be to have an elite "brigade" to an plain militia unit that adds certain values.

Or making special units, like in WiF.

Lots of possibilites, but we've gotta take this design decisions soon, me think.

Convince Amallric because that's how I like it to be.

Well I agree with the divisions->brigades thing, it makes sense since most of the units were actually called brigades. However you must know that those "brigades" were smaller, regiment-sized formations actually. Also I strongly believe that if we go the brigades => regiments route, we will lose much diversity as well as accuracy, because at this level of detail units like artillery etc can and must be represented as independent units. I also kind of like the "brigades as equipment" idea. Maybe if there was an unlimited number of brigades for every unit, then this proposition would be fine. But a single brigade per infantry division is just not enough to represent the diversity of support units, as well as their aptitude to act independently.

So to sum up:
divisions => brigades/regiments: ok
brigades => regiments: no, rather brigades => equipement
corps => divisions: ok

What do you think of that?

I'm sorry to herad that Supa. But you were able to start the game and somehow the game crashes when you try to launch the scenario? Or when you are in-game? I doubt the game can be played, i didn't let the game advance as connections, naval distances and other thinks must still be done. Maybe this is the problem?

Yes that's the line i suspect can make the loading scenario crash. But was only a suspect. I didn't test the game with any version diferent that the arma beta patch :)

Yes it crash when loading scenario. So I must instal beta patch?

But you managed to load the game at least once right? Maybe you deleted some important files by mistake when you put the loadscreen? Try deleting the folder and reinstall the whole thing.

yes first time I suckside.But I just put yug wars sreen insted armagedon.it cant be problem just that little thing.Maybe I must instal latest patch?