• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
When the unit is complete you gain that model type and name (until you upgrade it) and increases your own practical experience (which will assist your own research efforts in the future). This costs money but can be money well spent. Of course, these, as well as expeditionary forces retain the model & tech names of their origin, until upgraded.

That doesn't means I own this model. I still need to research if I want to build another, am I right?

Another question is how could I upgrade expeditionary forces?

Thanks

I said Note the division is still the smallest tactical unit and the land unit and its brigades are indivisible, but for technology purposes the brigades are distinct.

A division fights as one indivisible entity. They move as one indivisible entity.

What has that to do with how you reorganise them?

Ok - thx!
Thats just GREAT! My big hopes are back :D

Does each kind of, say, Battleship give the same amount of practical experience, or will/can it be modified by how advanced it is (bear with me if it was already answered).

I said Note the division is still the smallest tactical unit and the land unit and its brigades are indivisible, but for technology purposes the brigades are distinct.

A division fights as one indivisible entity. They move as one indivisible entity.

So that mean later on the "field", you can't see what brigades you formerly include while producing; you later only see the "summery stats" of that division?

I asked this question as well, the thing is many of us are burning to know if the division is able to reorganize after deployment. Thus your statement in bold was something to grasp onto, because no official word concerning the "brigade shuffle" has been uttered.

OK final questions :D
UPGRADES:
Can we stop the upgrade of a certain element in Brigades equipement or do we stop whole upgrades?
If I want my MG's to be better but my Cavalry stay to on Horses and the upgrade goes for some Vehicles (like horse cavalry upgrading to motorised) can I stop only that part or does it mean that I stop all upgrades.

Good point! I hope it means that the player can move brigades from one div to another ;)

I presume the license feature is used to represent such occasions as the British building a battleship for the Turks or something? (which they did)

That's true... But what about - fore example - the Gloster Gladiator. This was a British plane, used by a lot of (also non-alligned) countries before and during WW2. So I think non-alligned countries can in fact by lincenses
Yes in real life they could, I hope they can in HOI3 too.

Good point! I hope it means that the player can move brigades from one div to another ;)

I doubt it (as stated in my post before).
You design your division out of the brigades and on the field, you get 1 division with the statistics of these brigades but can't see the brigades any more....

Nothing. :)

About the building under licence feature...

I assume you can't exploit the feature, by, let's say, asking Germany as USA in 1936 to build 100 BBs (you can afford that as USA) and completly kill their IC this way? :D

But the USA pays the IC cost, the Germans only provide the tech and get some money. So if you really want to do this and kill your own IC you are more than welcome to.

Because now upgrades are done on brigade level for army divisions will this mean that a panzer division with for example two panzer brigades can have one older tech panzer brigade and one new tech panzer brigade? If this is so what will determine which brigades on seperate divisions will get upgraded first?

I doubt it (as stated in my post before).
You design your division out of the brigades and on the field, you get 1 division with the statistics of these brigades but can't see the brigades any more....

As Johan said - Division is for movement and battles. So Brigades are seen in the Division screen. Also Brigades are upgraded separately.

As Johan said - Division is for movement and battles. So Brigades are seen in the Division screen. Also Brigades are upgraded separately.

If that's the case, I'm happy :)