• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the licence sounds awesome! is it going to be possible to have other nations produce units for your nation aka buying them?

(several nations if i recall did this in the 19th and 20th century)

"However with ships we have added the option to downgrade your ships for faster, cheaper building. Thus if those pesky submarines are massacring your convoys and you want to fire out some quick destroyers to help combat them, then you can. You can basically decide exactly which model to use for each technology affecting that kind of ship."

Thank you--beautiful!

I noticed several lines under the ship,including nAA varmament. Will we be able to give a ship a 'refit' and upgrade the AA as new models are available?

Does that mean that reassigning brigades between divisions will be impossible? :(

So divisions are locked permanently after deployment? There is no reshuffle of the brigades at a later date, if the player wants to customize his divisions?

clearly

Great DD. I think the licensing sounds like a positive progression from HOI2.

I also wonder if it will be possible to steal "blueprints/licenses" from other nations?

So for example battleship.3:

battleship.3 = {
capitalship_armament = 2
battleship_antiaircraft = 3
battleship_engine = 2
battleship_armour = 2
largewarship_radar = 0
battlefleet_concentration_doctrine = 0
battleship_crew_training = 0
}

Is this the minimum standard needed in every tech level to be a level3 BB?

So I have "capitalship_armament = 3" but only "battleship_antiaircraft = 2" I don't get the new level, even if I developed some other techs further?

Or how does reaching the newer "model" work?

w00t, first page(just to piss off Barkdreg :D). Looks great, really looking forward to this!

But it was a bit on the short side this time Johann ;)

I'l not pissed of. I'm just sad that your soul will burn fo an eternity.

So for example battleship.3:

battleship.3 = {
capitalship_armament = 2
battleship_antiaircraft = 3
battleship_engine = 2
battleship_armour = 2
largewarship_radar = 0
battlefleet_concentration_doctrine = 0
battleship_crew_training = 0
}

Is this the minimum standard needed in every tech level to be a level3 BB?

So I have "capitalship_armament = 3" but only "battleship_antiaircraft = 2" I don't get the new level, even if I developed some other techs further?

Or how does reaching the newer "model" work?

Model = name.
tech = stats.

We have also added a pretty neat form of technology sharing, building units under licence. You can buy the right to build units from other countries at their technology and practical experience level but with your IC.

Fantastic, now all I need to be really happy about building units, is ability to select the people to put in the divisions as well. e.g. Britain building Scottish or Indian units etc. (with the options of deploying them locally :) )

So divisions are locked permanently after deployment? There is no reshuffle of the brigades at a later date, if the player wants to customize his divisions?

Thats the worst part Ive heard so far...
It really makes me dissapointed - better PI says something about that...

Another thing, why ain't Carriers there?
Britain had carriers in 36, so I'm assuming that they just haven't been added yet, or something... and not that they have their own section? :p

I assume that CAGs are also part of ships armament...

Something in the place of 'Capital Ship Main Armament' - 'Carriers CAG'
I hope Im wrong.

For air units this is the unit itself, for land unit these are the component brigades. When it comes to upgrading, the land unit brigades upgrade separately. Note the division is still the smallest tactical unit and the land unit and its brigades are indivisible, but for technology purposes the brigades are distinct. Once the right technology levels are reached the brigade (or air unit) will change model name to reflect it’s new stats. In the case of air and land units you always build at the best technology available.

Really? I'm sure they kept building older model tanks and weapons despite new variants being available. For example MP40s were built well into 1945, introduction of StG44 didn't replace their production completely. If it's to simplify things I understand, but would still like to know how this decision was made.

Really? I'm sure they kept building older model tanks and weapons despite new variants being available. For example MP40s were built well into 1945, introduction of StG44 didn't replace their production completely. If it's to simplify things I understand, but would still like to know how this decision was made.

Yeah - all units should have the same option as ships.
Just hope this will be moddable but Im affraid that not.

Model = name.
tech = stats.

:confused: Hmmm, I don't get this.....

F.e. when "battleship.3" is called Bismarck and "battleship.4" is called H-Class for flavour, when does it come to the switch between those?

....or do I have to give these names manually per gusto?

Thats the worst part Ive heard so far...
It really makes me dissapointed - better PI says something about that...

Can you throw us a bone here gentlemen?