• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't check the event right now, but there are other conditions.

- +100 relations with the Pope
- Not have realm duress or be excommunicated
- Have at least 10 vassals (possible only duke-level vassals count for this)

I satisfy all these conditions right now but I'm not still not Emperor.

Is it because you don't automatically become one? The event needs to fire?

I satisfy all these conditions right now but I'm not still not Emperor.

Is it because you don't automatically become one? The event needs to fire?
Yes, you need to wait for the event to fire after you fulfill the conditions.

There can be more then 1 ruler in the game with the emperor-trait

Here are the conditions

Code:
character_event = { # The Pope has offered you an imperial crown.
	id = 6301

condition = { type = num_king_titles value = 5 } # To allow ahistorical empires for really successful players
			condition = { type = and
				condition = { type = title value = GERM }
				condition = { type = title value = BURG }
				condition = { type = title value = ITAL }
			} # HRE
		}
		condition = { type = num_duke_vassals value = 10 } # Substance for the empire
	}

does this mean you have to have all those traits plus those three titles? (GERM, ITAL & BURG)

does this mean you have to have all those traits plus those three titles? (GERM, ITAL & BURG)

Yes ... those specific 3, or any 5 King titles.

It is not easy becoming Emperor ;)

Is it possible of becoming emperor being othodox? Such question emerged because orthodoxian rulers have no relation to supreme pontiff, that's why I've got the idea that some other conditions of becoming emperor do exist for orthodoxian people (and Byzantine Empire is already an empire at the start of the game).

Is it possible of becoming emperor being othodox? Such question emerged because orthodoxian rulers have no relation to supreme pontiff, that's why I've got the idea that some other conditions of becoming emperor do exist for orthodoxian people (and Byzantine Empire is already an empire at the start of the game).

Byzantine Emperor is a special title. It is basicly a king title which has special bonuses to simulate the special nature of the Byzantine Empire compared to feudal states. Emperor in the Western context is just a trait which Catholic rulers can gain from the Pope if they either rule historical lands of the Holy Roman Empire or have 5 kingdoms. Becoming Catholic emperor doesn't change name of your kingdom or anything like that, but the trait gives some nice bonuses. Unfortunately you can't gain Emperor trait if you're Orthodox.