• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I tried to contact the Young Guns, but Raczynski did not reply, so I couldn't contact them. I had all this info, but no one to use it for. When I forgot to save myself was because I couldn't acsess a computer that day.

That's why you always send an order the first day saying what your orders are if something were to happen! :mad:

If only I had been there. :(

Should've expected no seer given the rules not mentioning 'a minimum of this role of 1 exists' :p

As to the rest, we somewhat lucked out there; dublish immediately got me in contact with the ENTIRE JL when I told him I scanned him with seerish powers, and lo and behold, even that slacking security didn't get us infiltrated. For the rest, nice to finally have the feeling subbing can also be fun. Also, hurray for ties :D

I tried to contact the Young Guns, but Raczynski did not reply, so I couldn't contact them. I had all this info, but no one to use it for. When I forgot to save myself was because I couldn't acsess a computer that day.

I didn't reply because I was afraid you were a priest. I HAVE sent a PM about to Paendrag, my master and the only wolf I knew, thought.
You say the Young Guns didn't contact you at all :facepalm:

Oh, I probably would have lived longer if I was told the names of the all pack members. Like Heidmall :(

I didn't reply because I was afraid you were a priest. I HAVE sent a PM about to Paendrag, my master and the only wolf I knew, thought.
You say the Young Guns didn't contact you at all :facepalm:

Oh, I probably would have lived longer if I was told the names of the all pack members. Like Heidmall :(
Well I overheard a PM from Paendrag welcoming Pandemonium as he subbed into the Young Guns pack. Paendrag told Pandemonium the Young Guns suspected Lord Strange was the sorcerer which probably was because of Lord Strange-Raczynski contact. Only problem was that at the time of the PM Lord Strange was already six feet under... So much for keeping track of what happened in the game...

Nice game, thanks for GM-ing johho888. Too bad I had no chance to actually play :p

As for a different thread, it might be a little too much to put that small list into it's own thread. I recommend Slinky put it in his previous games thread, in the post concerning big games.
I think that perhaps a new thread just for stats from both Lite and big might be a better idea. Since the_hdk said he would do a list of big game winners he might be the person to decide. I am not going to make a list at the moment, since I rather complete my FAQ & general information thread first.

This game had a strange feeling of deja vu for me. I played twice i this game, had excatly the same role and got lynched super quick both times and both times I gave the village 2 baddies. First it was Racz and k-59 and second time it was paen and Eu_proff*.

I didn't follow the game too much after i got killed, so I didn't see how the set-up turned out. So if pople wanna talk about it and the roles then I would be a very happy soon-to-be GM.

The next game will be up in a day or two, as always when the discussion of this has died down. I have the theme and overall setup ready, but input from this game would be much appreciated :)

I wanted the setup to have the following effects:

I wanted the unbalanced packs and unbalance hunt days (the Oldtimers hunted 2 out of 3 days) to cause a feeling in the Young Guns pack that there were three really big packs and later when only they and goodies died to make them feel everyone else alive were a member of an opposing pack. Now k-59 got killed so early I don't know how much confusion this caused.

I also wanted the unbalanced pack/hunting to mess with any vote analysis but unless there were vote analysis only circulated in PMs that didn't work out as intended.

As I have pointed out earlier in this thread (vote) analysis is already quite difficult in the big game (even if the set up is symmetrical). There are simply too many players who are inactive to give it some significant worth. An asymmetrical set up makes this only worse. In this game I didn't use it and I doubt it was used by other players.

With the no seer but 7 seerish powered villagers I wanted to see if the goodies could organize the seer scans they had effectively. I thought if they did they might get a really large JL going but with the threat of baddies with "touch of evil" I hoped to get enough paranoia going to make it not too powerful. I never thought that the sorcerer might be fooled to not use the "touch of evil" because he wanted to find the nonexistant seer. :eek:o

I received only limited information from the previous sorcerer (and when I see his scan list I understand why) and he wasn't in touch with the wolfs.

After muttoneer died (unfortunately the wolfs didn't contact him and he received my request (in a 2nd PM) to post the info in the thread, that Byakhiam was the priest ,too late) I had the feeling that the chances to get in touch with the wolfs were gone. My plan was then to find the seer and post that in the thread.

When I got the feeling that the JL were playing with the remaining baddies, by not outing them, but just voting for them (I thought I was scanned by the priest), I decided that I had to share the information I had. I'm wondering now how big the JL really was, probably not that big.

I'm actually quite pleased with the Day 1 voting for a bonus skill that I felt forced into introducing. It made everyone have something to do on Day 1 when normally only the important people have orders to send. What did the rest of you think?

This was a nice add-on.
I have always wondered why the big games always start with a night. Most players have nothing to do and it extends the period between signing up for the game and the actual start of the game. Furthermore one player is eliminated without even participating in the game, which I consider a pity.

Therefore I would prefer day starts, but voting for an additional trait is the second best option. It surely is better than having nothing to do on the first day.

Some other points :
1- I am pleased that the roles and traits were mentioned again at the start of the game. This will make it easier for new players to participate in the game. It also reduces confusion, although you compensated that enough by your asymmetrical setup.

2- I wonder if substituting 7 persons with seerish powers for the seer is such a good thing. It most likely prevents the creation of a big JL, and analysing and taking risks in contacting others become more important. I'm personally not against that (in fact I like it), but it also requires more active players.
And that I was missing in this game, although I can't blame you for that.

Hmmm, just wish I could have got through to the youn guns. Then we would have got several good suspects. I accept that I messed up by doing a Euro.

Hmmm, just wish I could have got through to the youn guns. Then we would have got several good suspects. I accept that I messed up by doing a Euro.

:wacko:

At most we had like 6-7 people JL. Unfortunately most of the JL was about as inactive as the baddies. Like my starting apprentice was subbed out for inactivity and then the sub was auto-lynched for inactivity. If we would have been infiltrated, we would have been screwed. But since we weren't, we could find the baddies through a process of elimination.

So frustrating though that the day I died, I had both remaining wolves up for triple-tie, but then the only goodie in that bunch was lynched instead. Meh, inactivity. :p

Who is GMing the next game?

Thanks for the game johho! :)

So really, we had cultists...? Sweet. When did they contact their masters?

The only ones who contacted me were raczynski and k-59. I could tell that racz was a baddie but after my initial reply he didn't PM me back, which is why I assumed he was in a "third pack" (I suppose it all became clearer after I died). k-59 and I gave each other a list of possible hunts, so that we wouldn't accidentally hunt another baddie, but if they had any more contact after I died, I don't know.

So really, we had cultists...? Sweet. When did they contact their masters?

The only ones who contacted me were raczynski and k-59. I could tell that racz was a baddie but after my initial reply he didn't PM me back, which is why I assumed he was in a "third pack" (I suppose it all became clearer after I died). k-59 and I gave each other a list of possible hunts, so that we wouldn't accidentally hunt another baddie, but if they had any more contact after I died, I don't know.
Slinky's master was Eu_proof. I remember because he had a rule question and then he made a joke about your pack name, Young Guns, hinting about a pack of newcomers. Raczynski's master I think was Paendrag (or maybe it was Bazti). I gave the cultists their masters' names at the role assignment and I would imagine they contacted their masters then (so they wouldn't accidentally get hunted) but if they really did I have no idea.

muttoneer was a free cultist but I thought hooked up with the Young Guns when you got outed. You're telling me he didn't do that?

Slinky's master was Eu_proof. I remember because he had a rule question and then he made a joke about your pack name, Young Guns, hinting about a pack of newcomers. Raczynski's master I think was Paendrag (or maybe it was Bazti). I gave the cultists their masters' names at the role assignment and I would imagine they contacted their masters then (so they wouldn't accidentally get hunted) but if they really did I have no idea.

muttoneer was a free cultist but I thought hooked up with the Young Guns when you got outed. You're telling me he didn't do that?

He apparently didn't.
He told me he didn't know any wolfs.