+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Blade!phone

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club

Blog Entries
    No linking; you can link from there to here though.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Understood, and thanks.
    “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”
    -T.S. Elliot

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Tarabulus (Tripoli, to be specific...), Italy (in Libya, again...)
    *ring*
    Blade!
    Blade!
    Question on OTs...
    I've seen many people start OTs, and I found that interesting, but... what are the requirements? Or are there none?
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell
    Senator Sebastian Lender of Georgia, a Democrat in We, the People.
    Assisting with the V2 to HOI3 converter

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Without more information of what you intend, loosely speaking you just need to be doing something different from someone else and follow the normal forum rules. What are you asking about GMing?
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

Blog Entries
    What Jacob said, consult him first. What is an OT?

What this forum is... about...
    For the want of a nail the horseshoe was lost, For the want of a shoe the horse was lost, For the want of a horse the rider was lost, For the want of a rider the battle was lost, For the want of a battle the kingdom was lost, and all for the want of a horse shoe nail.
    Inkwell

EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by wzhang29 View Post
    What this forum is... about...
    Forum games? What do you interpret OT to mean?
    And one day we will die and our ashes will fly from the aeroplane over the sea
    But for now we are young let us lay in the sun and count every beautiful thing we can see......

Uhh... sorry, OT Forum games.
    Inkwell

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

*Ring Ring*

I was wondering what constituted an Imperium Offtopicum game. After the current one ends, I would be willing to GM the next. However, I want to make sure I don't make any faux pas in the process.
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

The Russians in Imperium Offtopicum: The Peshawar Lancers

Blog Entries
    If Jacob approves it, and it does not violate game forum Rule #3, it is good. Ultimately, the player base will have to self-regulate itself.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

We're trying to set up a game called "Lets see YOU do better" which involves one side taking up the standard of the loser, and, using knowledge available to the general of the time, trying to defeat a team who is trying to stay as true to the character of the general who won the battle historically as possible, trying to gauge if the loser lost due to incompetence or just because his army was outmatched. Thing is, we sort of need four threads for it to work properly; we need a thread within which to carry out the battle, we need a thread for each team where they can discuss their strategy before submitting it, and we need a thread for the referees who are setting up the scenario, setting parameters and judging the plausibility of both sides decisions as well as umpiring battle outcomes. It's the nerdiest thing around basically.

We could potentially cut it down to two threads; one thread for the teams and referees to discuss what is actually happening, and the other thread for the actual action. The object of the four threads is to minimise cross-talk between the two sides and the referees and to keep planning separate from the actual action. In short, to avoid the game devolving into a confusing mess.

A summary of the game can be found in the following link.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-YOU-Do-Better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonComple View Post
    We're trying to set up a game called "Lets see YOU do better" which involves one side taking up the standard of the loser, and, using knowledge available to the general of the time, trying to defeat a team who is trying to stay as true to the character of the general who won the battle historically as possible, trying to gauge if the loser lost due to incompetence or just because his army was outmatched. Thing is, we sort of need four threads for it to work properly; we need a thread within which to carry out the battle, we need a thread for each team where they can discuss their strategy before submitting it, and we need a thread for the referees who are setting up the scenario, setting parameters and judging the plausibility of both sides decisions as well as umpiring battle outcomes. It's the nerdiest thing around basically.

We could potentially cut it down to two threads; one thread for the teams and referees to discuss what is actually happening, and the other thread for the actual action. The object of the four threads is to minimise cross-talk between the two sides and the referees and to keep planning separate from the actual action. In short, to avoid the game devolving into a confusing mess.

A summary of the game can be found in the following link.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-YOU-Do-Better.

Four thread Denied.

Try finding a solution using Paradox Groups.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2

We're dealing with it; should be able to make private messaging work. Much tidier. Thank you for the response.

EDIT: It's been dealt with.
    Last edited by NapoleonComple; 10-07-2012 at 23:15.

Rome Gold

Los Angeles, Kalifornien, Vereinigten Staaten
    I'm thinking of modding another Crisis game, but my question is how does one determine if a previously existing game is active?
    Sieur de Dole

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieboy View Post
    I'm thinking of modding another Crisis game, but my question is how does one determine if a previously existing game is active?
    Are people playing it?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Just sign up to the forum you want to run it in, watch the threads for a couple of days, if nothing shows up that looks like a Crisis game, there probably isn't one
    "Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Could a mod take a look at this post: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post15564849

It's not a big deal, but I'm not too keen on getting insulted, on principle.

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Sure
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

*ring-ring*

I'm wondering if it's possible to bypass 5-days waiting period for posting, as one guy I know wanted to join the new Resistance game, but forgot to register beforehand.
    "Communazihippy blood traitor scum" by Capt. Kiwi

I live at GMT+8, please remember this if you need to contact me urgently.

Blog Entries
    No. It is up the GM if he wants to wait or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast