• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No linking; you can link from there to here though.

Understood, and thanks.

*ring*
Blade!
Blade!
Question on OTs...
I've seen many people start OTs, and I found that interesting, but... what are the requirements? Or are there none? ;)

Without more information of what you intend, loosely speaking you just need to be doing something different from someone else and follow the normal forum rules. What are you asking about GMing? ;)

What Jacob said, consult him first. What is an OT?

What this forum is... about...

Uhh... sorry, OT Forum games.

*Ring Ring*

I was wondering what constituted an Imperium Offtopicum game. After the current one ends, I would be willing to GM the next. However, I want to make sure I don't make any faux pas in the process.

If Jacob approves it, and it does not violate game forum Rule #3, it is good. Ultimately, the player base will have to self-regulate itself.

We're trying to set up a game called "Lets see YOU do better" which involves one side taking up the standard of the loser, and, using knowledge available to the general of the time, trying to defeat a team who is trying to stay as true to the character of the general who won the battle historically as possible, trying to gauge if the loser lost due to incompetence or just because his army was outmatched. Thing is, we sort of need four threads for it to work properly; we need a thread within which to carry out the battle, we need a thread for each team where they can discuss their strategy before submitting it, and we need a thread for the referees who are setting up the scenario, setting parameters and judging the plausibility of both sides decisions as well as umpiring battle outcomes. It's the nerdiest thing around basically.

We could potentially cut it down to two threads; one thread for the teams and referees to discuss what is actually happening, and the other thread for the actual action. The object of the four threads is to minimise cross-talk between the two sides and the referees and to keep planning separate from the actual action. In short, to avoid the game devolving into a confusing mess.

A summary of the game can be found in the following link.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?619454-Lets-See-YOU-Do-Better.

We're trying to set up a game called "Lets see YOU do better" which involves one side taking up the standard of the loser, and, using knowledge available to the general of the time, trying to defeat a team who is trying to stay as true to the character of the general who won the battle historically as possible, trying to gauge if the loser lost due to incompetence or just because his army was outmatched. Thing is, we sort of need four threads for it to work properly; we need a thread within which to carry out the battle, we need a thread for each team where they can discuss their strategy before submitting it, and we need a thread for the referees who are setting up the scenario, setting parameters and judging the plausibility of both sides decisions as well as umpiring battle outcomes. It's the nerdiest thing around basically.

We could potentially cut it down to two threads; one thread for the teams and referees to discuss what is actually happening, and the other thread for the actual action. The object of the four threads is to minimise cross-talk between the two sides and the referees and to keep planning separate from the actual action. In short, to avoid the game devolving into a confusing mess.

A summary of the game can be found in the following link.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?619454-Lets-See-YOU-Do-Better.

Four thread Denied.

Try finding a solution using Paradox Groups.

We're dealing with it; should be able to make private messaging work. Much tidier. Thank you for the response.

EDIT: It's been dealt with.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of modding another Crisis game, but my question is how does one determine if a previously existing game is active?

I'm thinking of modding another Crisis game, but my question is how does one determine if a previously existing game is active?

Are people playing it?

Just sign up to the forum you want to run it in, watch the threads for a couple of days, if nothing shows up that looks like a Crisis game, there probably isn't one :)

Sure

*ring-ring*

I'm wondering if it's possible to bypass 5-days waiting period for posting, as one guy I know wanted to join the new Resistance game, but forgot to register beforehand.

No. It is up the GM if he wants to wait or not.